• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surry Beware the Ides of March - 3/15/2011 version

ODA 226

The hearing scheduled for March 15 was originally set for 9:00 a.m.; it's been changed to 11:30 on the same day.

Judge Palmer has retired, the new judge is Judge J.R. Zepkin, who will be sitting in for the time being (many counties are waiting on the General Assembly to provide funds necessary to fill vacancies in the judiciary).

I'm planning on having some motions heard on Feb. 15 (next Tues.) at 10:00 a.m.

I worked as Judge Zepkin's bailiff for a time when I was with the Williamsburg Sheriffs Office...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was favorably impressed with him. You had more time in his court. What is your opinion?

He was liberal, but enforced the rule of law. He's very organized, controls his courtroom and does not tolerate BS.

That would seem to be a creditable improvement over the former occupant of the bench.

Perhaps now the system will function as designed. With that in mind, I am very much looking forward to the next hearing with renewed confidence.