• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The American Gestapo

smccomas

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Just like you guys all LOVE to say "we are all equal". The law doesn't change for a soldier coming back from Iraq.

That's right! A soldier should have to take a beat down from the Gestapojust like any other "good patriotic American!" Why should he demand the right to be free? What, just because he fought for this country?!

Oh, nitrovic, my government-apologist friend, what "law" exactly are you talking about that doesn't change for Iraq vets? What "law" exactly was broken here??

Fact: he was not arrested for anything (meaning conclusively that he did not do anything against the law or the officer would've arrested him, especially if he was angry enough to break 3 of his ribs).

Fact: he was not a threat as shown on the video and by the fact that the officer did not arrest him.

Fact: he was not fighting back as shown on the video

You do know what the real "Gestapo" was right?

I don't know what he was charged with, I'm sure it was along the lines of some disturbance or disorderly conduct code section (he himself admitted to being angry and cursing). Your "facts" are just opinions. The video isn't clear and doesnt have sound to show your "facts".

So you don't know what laws, if any, he broke. You just know that he had to be in the wrong because to assume otherwise would mean you would have to -gasp- assume your beloved government might have done something wrong.

If you don't know what laws he broke or even if he broke any, again I ask, what laws are you taking about that should be "equally" applied to this man?
You were the one who stated ,"They just beat him up and skipped off". He even admitted to being in the wrong while cursing and yelling. BTW, it wasn't a "TSA Agent", it was a metro police officer.

Where on the video did it say he was yelling? (hint: nowhere). Also, please point to the statute # that criminalizes cursing...and then please point to the section of that statute that sets the penalty at a beating and tasing without a court hearing or arrest.

It's amusing how hard your grasping at straws here to put the victim at fault. "He broke the law." Which one? "oh...errr...he was swearing."

Yes, they did just beat him and skip off. You implied that he deserved it by saying that he should have the law applied "equally" to him...well, what law is being equally applied? What law did he break? The only answer I can come up with is "contempt of cop."

I dont see it as "Contempt of cop". From what I have seen and read itappears to be contempt of abuse of power and authority.

Edited because I cant spel :)

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Vic, I owe those LEOs in the video an apology. I should never have said anything bad about them when they gave that soldier, not charged with a crime, a beatdown.

I promise to be the first to jump to the LEOs defense when they drag you off camera and give you a beatdown for nothing. Good luck with that.

Where did they "drag" anybody off. I must have missed that.
You did miss it. I didn't say they dragged HIM off.

swillden

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
You delete your posts before more than like 3 people even gets to read them. You leave them up just long enought to stir the crap, and then you whsk them off, because, let me get this straight, you're afraid of being e-stalked? Are you serious?

Here's a word of advice, if e-stalking is a problem: maybe use a different username than you've used elsewhere on the internet.
It's never been a problem in my 10 years on the internet. That's crazy that the advice is "use a different username" instead of placing the blame where it should be, on the "moderator".
Okay, I'm happy to blame the moderators. Clearly the moderators need to do their job and ban you from the site. Pre-emptively delete your posts, as it were. It'll save you the trouble of both writing and deleting them.

Look, nobody here minds if you argue a contrary position. Just argue it honestly, without appeals to authority, without ad hominem attacks and without now-you-see-it-now-you-don't games with your posts. Think through what you really mean, calmly, and then write your best arguments, with supporting references where appropriate, and stand by them unless they're shot down. If they are, then admit it and rethink them.

It's not your position that pisses people off, it's your dishonest way of pushing it. Argue like a man, with intellectual honesty, and you'll get along fine here, even with those that disagree with you.

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Folks, this incessant ranting and trolling of nitrovic is plainly evident by his antagonist posts that he then edits and deletes. He is simply stirring the pot and trolling.

I recommend that he be summarily ignored as he has nothing to give to OCDO and only spreads blatant lies about what he posts and what others have said. He does NOT like OCDO and only comes here to antagonize and provoke anti-LEO posts on other Police forums. Please Google "nitrovic" and read them for yourself.

I only delete my posts because of people like you Bob. I don't want to have someobody e-stalk me and threaten to post my personal information if I don't agree with them (sound familiar Bob, like what you did to me). You are a sick person and it's appauling you are a moderator behaving the way you do.

And why on this "opencarry" site is the police brought up in a negative way time and time again? I was told "it's only a few people" yet when YOU are the moderator I now know why it is accepted. Thankfully this site has other mods who actually do their jobs and don't bring their personal feelings into it.Go to any "police" forum and see the truth on what police officers feel about gun carrying citizens. Contrary to what you and others on here believe, the government is not your enemy. And no, the police are not the "gestapo" (I can't believe I actually have to post that). Look at the title of this thread. I don't see you saying how the poster is a "troll" or here to post anti-police rhetoric (which he does).

BTW Bob, it works both ways. We can google your user name and see the results as well. And shockingly an anti-police remark pops up in a blog, gee, who would have thunk? Maybe opencarry.org should do a better backround on the "moderators" they get...

You delete your posts before more than like 3 people even gets to read them. You leave them up just long enought to stir the crap, and then you whsk them off, because, let me get this straight, you're afraid of being e-stalked? Are you serious?

Here's a word of advice, if e-stalking is a problem: maybe use a different username than you've used elsewhere on the internet.

It's never been a problem in my 10 years on the internet. That's crazy that the advice is "use a different username" instead of placing the blame where it should be, on the "moderator".
The moderator invented Google?