• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The legal system out of control? This woman's real mistake was talking to police ...

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

sudden valley gunner

A: I have zero respect for message board posters that respond like that. Sentence for sentence quotes only send a message "I'm obsessed with proving you wrong and uninterested in your position on any level. Therefore even if you cite facts or valid points I will ignore these and intentionally misunderstand everything you say"

B: FU dude..I ain't no damn anti-gun rights hippy jerk off and I am emphatically insulted at that BS! I posted over your head and all you can do is resort to off kilter comparisons because you didn't grasp any of what I was saying. Welcome to my ignore list.

Being pro gun don't make you pro liberty or pro rights. I like hippies most of them respect my right to OC, I also respect their right to smoke pot.

These kids should be held accountable for the damages.
Idiot people show not be allowed to make stupid, restrictive laws because of it.

+1

OC for ME

<snip> Accidents happen as a result of responsible behavior every day and they are unavoidable. But the intentional exercise of ignorant stupidity regardless of locale should be dealt with by law and common sense.
My 20 year Navy experience has taught me that there is virtually no such thing as a 'accident'.

99.99% of the time the cause of the 'accident' can be traced back to negligence, someone did not do what they should have done.
Shooting at a dear, lawfully, results in a kid getting shot....no accident, negligence. If you don't know your equipment capabilities and many other factors, and do not plan for them then act on those plans, bad things can happen.

Blowing up stuff is no different than shooting dear.

My definition of a accident....'she-ite happens' kind fo stuff.....the ISS falls on your house.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
My 20 year Navy experience has taught me that there is virtually no such thing as a 'accident'.

99.99% of the time the cause of the 'accident' can be traced back to negligence, someone did not do what they should have done.
Shooting at a dear, lawfully, results in a kid getting shot....no accident, negligence. If you don't know your equipment capabilities and many other factors, and do not plan for them then act on those plans, bad things can happen.

My definition of a accident....'she-ite happens' kind fo stuff.....the ISS falls on your house.

Well maybe the ISS had some negligence in regards to reentry trajectory. LOL

rscottie

Anyone who does reloading AND plumbing projects has the "constituent components" for making pipe bombs.

Think about that, folks.

Think about how STUPID this law is, and how many law-abiding members of THIS forum are potentially in violation of this statute...

Maybe cleaning out the garage isn't such a bad idea after all, eh?...

The only REAL crime this young woman is guilty of is not following the "4 Letters Rule" when it comes to sharing your personal business with people who have no need to know it (like the police, or EVERYONE on FaceBook):

S..T..H..U...

Cleaning out the garage would be considered destroying evidence.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Damn Skippy!

But I'll add that for a college student her age...if they were hers - she did have a lot of very expensive "toys" and that is a little suspect to me...Don't we all have to concede that every once and a while an investigation like this might actually have some merit? Not saying this girl is guilty of anything other than bad judgement, retarded philosophy and running her mouth, but any more...ya never know.

Being a college student doesn't mean you have to be the stereotypical college student who plunges themselves into debt and lives off of top ramen noodles.

I had a lot of nice things when I went to college, and some students even came to school driving sports cars given to them by their folks.

Last edited:

rscottie

Oh c'mon dude. Don't try and camouflage this as some friendly comparison. It was a zing and you know it. At least have the gumption to stand by your insults when you make them. I'm just not that stupid.

Really, you and I agree on more then we disagree on. My point of you flip flopping was I see a lot of ambiguity in your points, they could be interpreted in either direction. You seem to adjust them as necessary just to stay at odds with me in this discussion. But I'm not interested in diverging into some nonsense sidebar that is nothing more then the forum King of the Hill game. You can't just allow un-regulated use of explosive devices dude. You can't! If for any other reason then to stop stupid people from blowing things up without really understanding the results and potential collateral damage. Those kids that destroyed our greenhouse and burned down our neighbor's barn along with nearly 4 acres of forest never thought that would happen. They didn't do it intently. But because they were not careful, mature or responsible enough to understand all factors in explosive detonation they caused about $300,000 in damage. So yes, this should be illegal. Because even though their parents were wealthy and everyone got compensated without even going to court, I'm sure my mother who spent years on that greenhouse would have rather it never been destroyed in the first place. And I'm sure our neighbor who spent two years restoring two corvettes would have rather had his cars instead of their cash value. It's not always about you. It's about protecting the public interest at times. And that often means we must be subject to laws even when we specifically would not be so reckless.

Laws aren't really meant for the responsible, the mature, the intelligent and the rational sane non-criminal minded person. They are meant for stupid people that lack the insight and objectivity to police themselves. You can't distinguish between those two demographics in the law as that would be discriminatory. Those of us who are responsible enough to never cause harm to others must unfortunately suffer the consequences of the fool at large. That is the price of a civilized governed society.

Laws do not prevent crime or stupidity. Laws merely provide a means to punish people for bad behavior.

As such, there does not need to be ANY laws against possession of tools, such as guns, explosives, etc.

There should be laws against murder, destroying other peoples property, etc.

So basically, the law should be really simple and really easy to enforce.

Don't blow up your neighbors stuff, don't murder your neighbor, don't set fires that burn your neighbors farm, don't steal stuff....

The list of laws should be nothing more than a means to deal with bad behavior.

The ones that can behave and not get in to trouble should be left alone.

Freedom is neither cheap nor safe because it depends upon the people doing the right thing.

The ones that do not do the right thing, they can be dealt with without punishing everyone else preemptively.

It is kinda like the notion that it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. Some will say that this is the reason gun control is OK.

Well, there is no requirement for the theater usher to cut your tongue out before you go in to prevent you from yelling fire in the crowded theater.

Likewise, he should not be able to take your firearm...

DocWalker

Agree, In 1995 when I became an EMT we used to refer to a "Motor Vehicle Accident" or MVA on the report. In the 1990's as a Paramedic the lawyers made us change all references from MVA to MVC or "Motor Vehicle Collision". Since legally someone did something wrong. Someone was at fault, we had to throw out "Accident" all together and can't use it anymore.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

There are no accidents with a round chambered, a key in the ignition or the SCRAM Switch in RUN, there is negligence only.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Agree, In 1995 when I became an EMT we used to refer to a "Motor Vehicle Accident" or MVA on the report. In the 1990's as a Paramedic the lawyers made us change all references from MVA to MVC or "Motor Vehicle Collision". Since legally someone did something wrong. Someone was at fault, we had to throw out "Accident" all together and can't use it anymore.

I would think sometimes nature is at fault and there is no person legally at fault when it comes to "motor vehicle collisions." Boulders rolling down the hill into the road and earthquake induced collisions come to mind.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I would think sometimes nature is at fault and there is no person legally at fault when it comes to "motor vehicle collisions." Boulders rolling down the hill into the road and earthquake induced collisions come to mind.
No, those incidents are intentional, caused by Bush as a result of hydraulic fracking.....It's Bush's fault.

The ISS falling on your house is Obama's fault, if it happens, because not enough green investment occured to make the ISS stay in orbit due to no solar powered propulsion system being developed by Solyndra.

DocWalker

A boulder hitting your car isn't considered an accident nor a collision, like you mention a act of nature.

As for an earthquake causing you to hit someone or someone to hit you....lol Try telling your insurance agent that one, I will give it a go if I ever hit someone....."the earthquake made me do it".

A earthquake would fall into a natural event such as rain, snow, fog...ect If you hit someone during one of these events then you probably where driving to fast for the conditions. I have driven rain that was so bad I had to pull off the road since I couldn't see where I was going. I have driven during an earthquake and I pulled over thinking I had a flat tire. Glad I don't live in California anymore.