• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The MURDER of Timothy Mitchell

FreeInAZ

What if people just stopped getting s**** faced and leading guys on car chases? What if guys did what they were told? What if people just behaved in general?

That would be "F"ing fantastic! Then we'd have a lot of spaz's freed up from their miserable, terrifying, PTSD inducing roles as LE - to fill the never ending demand for pizza delivery drivers, although slightly under qualified... ;)

Primus

That would be "F"ing fantastic! Then we'd have a lot of spaz's freed up from their miserable, terrifying, PTSD inducing roles as LE - to fill the never ending demand for pizza delivery drivers, although slightly under qualified... ;)
Nah wouldn't want to put you outta work brother.... :D

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
leading guys on car chases

It takes two to tango.

What if guys did what they were told?

You'd like that, wouldn't you? Sounds like a JBT fantasy to me. :lol:

What if people just behaved in general?

I was going to say, "Well, then we could fire you, for starters", but I think we ought to do that anyway.

But basically, as I read it, your argument is "people don't behave so why should we have to?" Very compelling stuff, I must say.

Primus

It takes two to tango.

I was going to say, "Well, then we could fire you, for starters", but I think we ought to do that anyway.

But basically, as I read it, your argument is "people don't behave so why should we have to?" Very compelling stuff, I must say.
My point is this guy wasn't a victim he put himself in the situation. In many ways.

Was the force excessive? Maybe. Depends on if there was less then lethal available and what the nature of the call was.

But this guy wasn't some innocent kid doing community service and got whacked picking up neighborhood trash on the way to feed the hungry.

Primus

Pretty sure my bank account dwarfs yours...lowly public servant....oh wait...once you get through pension spiking, you'll be a millionaire ...my bad you win...
Lol oh we are doing the "my account is bigger then yours" ? I'm Irish so you win! :D:p

Nothing "lowly" at all about being a public servant. Might not be as cool as delivering pizzas, but its a good gig.

FreeInAZ

Nice dodge around the pension spiking ... Must be on to something??? So what are you again? Fireman, cop, tacti-cool meter maid?? No matter...after you get done sucking the tax payer teet dry you will most likely be rich indeed. I make it a point not to indulge your vile comments usually, but every now & then it's nice to hurl a little crap back at your silly self. Hope one day you don't find yourself needing the publics help, you know, those you and your pals at the trough believe serve you at your convenience, you may find they deem you as worthless as you deem them. ;)

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

What if we had cops who were trained to man up instead of getting terrified and shooting at every possible threat? ffs

marshaul

Would you please inform us how many drunks that wanted to attack you that you have or tried to take into custody.

Where did you get all this experience in handling them.

With you being a subject matter expert on it.

There is large amount of money to be made teaching LEOs how to do this each and every time with out hurting any body.

We all know drunks, druggies and crazy people all make good and wonderful rational decisions when they come into contact with others.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
We all know drunks, druggies and crazy people all make good and wonderful rational decisions when they come into contact with others.

Exactly why the police need to be trained in better tactics, unless you think people deserve to be killed for making poor decisions.

As it stands, police are trained to point guns at drunk people, which means when the drunk people do dumb things the cops are basically forced to shoot them.

So, yeah, police need to man up and accept some risk. They ought to be trained to point, if they really feel it's necessary, nothing more than a taser at a drunk guy (unless he's demonstrated more serious force).

What I would do is irrelevant, because I didn't choose to be a cop. Seriously. If someone doesn't like it, then they, too, should choose not to be a cop.

If all we're gonna do is shoot "druggies" the first time they do something dumb, what the hell do we need cops for? Any Joe Blow with a handgun could do that, if that was what we as a society really wanted. Except for one thing: it isn't.

Last edited:

Plan B

Banned
In Germany, everything is of a much higher quality, even the popo's.

QUOTE]

In Germany you have to ask government permission to just own firearms you have no constitutional rights.

Just like here then...4473, registrations, confiscations, restraining orders, officer safety, gun free zones, magazine limits, barrel limits, receiver limitations restrictions on sale and transfer, on and on and on and on...............

seems that Americans have to die for their freedoms then.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

marshaul

Would you please inform us how many drunks that wanted to attack you that you have or tried to take into custody.

Where did you get all this experience in handling them.

The point perhaps being only cops should judge a cops decision to take a life? Heh heh heh it doesn't work that way. You wanna be a badass with a gun and shield? You wanna play god? You wanna wield the sword for the king? You damned right The People will scrutinize your decision to kill. And IMO, the justification in many many many cases of cops murdering non-compliant citizens isn't good enough.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Free market sales for most of the country, ( private sales don't have any back ground checks or 4473)

Only mag limits in a few states not the whole country

Open carry legal in most of the states.

Being able to own as many guns as you want in most of the states

Constitutional carry in states that are larger in area then the whole country of Germany.

For Most the US you can buy carry and own firearms with out any government interference just buy on the free market.

Comparing a few very restricted areas to the whole country is a red herring when most of the country has a lot less laws and restrictions.

WalkingWolf

Nice dodge around the pension spiking ... Must be on to something??? So what are you again? Fireman, cop, tacti-cool meter maid?? No matter...after you get done sucking the tax payer teet dry you will most likely be rich indeed. I make it a point not to indulge your vile comments usually, but every now & then it's nice to hurl a little crap back at your silly self. Hope one day you don't find yourself needing the publics help, you know, those you and your pals at the trough believe serve you at your convenience, you may find they deem you as worthless as you deem them. ;)

There is youtube video of a female cop being beaten in a subway and the people just watching. It is amazing that the LEA was surprised that people stood by, does not amaze me. I will dig and see if I can find it.

SpringerXDacp

There is youtube video of a female cop being beaten in a subway and the people just watching. It is amazing that the LEA was surprised that people stood by, does not amaze me. I will dig and see if I can find it.

Bystander Effect

[video=youtube;pXVr4-8RurY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXVr4-8RurY[/video]

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Bystander Effect

Maybe. I know if I saw a cop in a fight, I would stop and think before I even considered intervening. What if the cop is aggressively arresting someone for a non-crime? Then the cop deserves to lose the fight and his victim deserves to escape. What if the cop decides to arrest me after the fact for showing him up? Happened before.

With decades of senseless prohibition having brought respect for the law to epic lows, and police abuse running rampant, I'm fairly certain that any rational adult would sit where I do.

As it stands I tell people, "when I see someone pulled over by a cop, I instinctively pity the person because, simply as a matter of statistical probability, he's likely in the process of being victimized." More often than not folks agree with me.

None of this applies to non-cops.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Bystander Effect

I would not give any witness statement either ... if your statement doesn't do what the cops want it to do, then you'll be arrested.

Cops want to play soldier in driving armored vehicles, gestapo raids, etc. Then expect that people will not help you.

I'm sure Jews who saw others beating up on SS officers ran to their assistance....

The chief is *shocked* ... after two incidents. Maybe he should be less shocked and figure out that people simply don't want to help cops anymore.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Maybe. I know if I saw a cop in a fight, I would stop and think before I even considered intervening. What if the cop is aggressively arresting someone for a non-crime? Then the cop deserves to lose the fight and his victim deserves to escape. What if the cop decides to arrest me after the fact for showing him up? Happened before.

With decades of senseless prohibition having brought respect for the law to epic lows, and police abuse running rampant, I'm fairly certain that any rational adult would sit where I do.

As it stands I tell people, "when I see someone pulled over by a cop, I instinctively pity the person because, simply as a matter of statistical probability, he's likely in the process of being victimized." More often than not folks agree with me.

None of this applies to non-cops.

This.

I'm only shocked when idiots do get involved.

sudden valley gunner

Lol oh we are doing the "my account is bigger then yours" ? I'm Irish so you win! :D:p

Nothing "lowly" at all about being a public servant. Might not be as cool as delivering pizzas, but its a good gig.

An Irish cop in Massachussets, so it aint so......;)

My point is this guy wasn't a victim he put himself in the situation. In many ways.

Was the force excessive? Maybe. Depends on if there was less then lethal available and what the nature of the call was.

But this guy wasn't some innocent kid doing community service and got whacked picking up neighborhood trash on the way to feed the hungry.

And when a force is excessive and takes a life it is called...............?

It takes two to tango.

+1