• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Treasure Valley OC Event

BrianEMT

imported post

Replied with:

"Good Evening Anna and thank you for writing back. I apologize for failing to include a time in the release. The event will begin at 10AM as members meet at the main gates of the Boise Zoo. The plan is to move throughout the zoo area as a group, and then walk the Greenbelt a ways. After that our organizer tells me that we will be getting pizza at Lucky 13, but that is not for sure at the moment.

If you have any troubles finding members tomorrow or need directions please feel free to call my cell phone:

Brian Tsai
(208) XXX-XXXX

We look forward to seeing you out there! "

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Not really worried about a confrontation with officers tomorrow. I've talked with several of the local PD and invited them to come check out the event. They're aware of what's going on, mostly supportive, and shouldn't give us any hassle. :) I love Idaho.

BrianEMT

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Not really worried about a confrontation with officers tomorrow. I've talked with several of the local PD and invited them to come check out the event. They're aware of what's going on, mostly supportive, and shouldn't give us any hassle. :) I love Idaho.
I couldn't picture any officers being against it, considering they probably deal with guns all day everyday.

You find me a cop that is anti-gun, and I'll show you a perfect example of "shitting where you eat".

Navajo

imported post

See you then Wife and three kids in tow.

I'm the brown guy with black hair.;)

IndianaBoy79

imported post

ROFL Love it. I PMed you my phone number in case you have any problems. Again, welcome to OCDO and I can't wait to meet you and your family.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
18 to OC a handgun. I think any age to carry while under your supervision or with written permission? Someone help me on this one.... there were some kids last year doing this if I remember right.

In any case, do bring the family, welcome to OCDO and we hope to meet you all tomorrow!
If I still remember correctly, its stated under Chapter 33 Section 18. You may carry WEAPONS in plain view with written permission of the parent or while in their presence. This however, applies ONLY to items such as knives, incapacitating sprays, baton systems, etc. No firearms under 18, no exceptions.

But either way, bring them along!
No, I'm pretty sure it includes guns as well, at least long guns. Handguns under supervision. I'd have to get into the law a bit more than I have time to tonight unfortunately. There were a couple of kids who hit the paper nationally last year who were carrying openly here in Idaho. One was 18 and had a handgun, his younger brother carried a rifle.

http://www.alphecca.com/?p=192

There are better links, but like I said, no time tonight :) See you all tomorrow I hope!

Navajo

imported post

I'll put the kids pistosl in the SUV ( unloaded) and if you find out different before 10 am they won't wear them in. But if they can let me know.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I'll try to check into it a bit before we head out tomorrow, if not maybe someone that shows will be more knowledgeable than I.

How old are your kids? I'd say leave them in the car for the moment and we'll try to find out for you. :) Night everyone.

BrianEMT

imported post

Thanks to me working 3rd watch, after less than five hours of sleep I am awake involuntarily.

I've checked into this in the past, the minimum age to OC is 18, no exceptions. I am not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to make a good impression. There is a reason these kind of laws exist. You can do exponentially more harm with a firearm than a knife, spray, or other manual weapon, which is the reason they are alright with written permission or while in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.

Inside the vehicle it is alright to keep concealed and unloaded, or loaded in plain sight.

Navajo

imported post

Thanks, We plan on being there.

The kids will wear their pepper spray and how about their evil black Ka-bar

One has the 11" and the other two have the 9 " ones.

I never even looked up the laws on knives since we moved here. If their are any.

Any rules?

(Been living in MD for 7 years makes you wonder what is legal. Worked in DC anything more than a finger nail file would get the calls when you pulled it out. ):?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
Thanks to me working 3rd watch, after less than five hours of sleep I am awake involuntarily.

I've checked into this in the past, the minimum age to OC is 18, no exceptions. I am not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to make a good impression. There is a reason these kind of laws exist. You can do exponentially more harm with a firearm than a knife, spray, or other manual weapon, which is the reason they are alright with written permission or while in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.

Inside the vehicle it is alright to keep concealed and unloaded, or loaded in plain sight.

Incorrect. Age to OC is NOT limited to 18. At least long guns. We'll discuss this one today I'm sure :)
http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2007/05/20/news/news01.txt

IndianaBoy79

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
There is a reason these kind of laws exist. You can do exponentially more harm with a firearm than a knife, spray, or other manual weapon, which is the reason they are alright with written permission or while in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.

I didn't see the parental permission part there. Guess we're in agreement then?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Great event everyone! I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet everyone today. Blackfox and I had one gentleman come up to us while walking at the zoo and was very interested in what we were doing. He said he'd be checking the site out.

Afterwards, Griffen, Blackfox, and I went to Walmart to look for recorders and ammo. We got stopped at the door by the greeter because of the guns. Another lady (a customer) butted in to tell us we couldn't carry in here unless we were commisioned officers. I told her that wasn't true that I could carry in here and that we had already spoken to management about the issue. She said, "Oh, your a pompus punk too, eh?" I said, "No ma'am, just know the laws. I actually find it a little rude that your interupting a conversation that you have nothing to do with." She said she was just "trying to help the man". I laughed and asked if I looked like I was threatening him. I asked to speak to JR and we waited while he went to get a manager. A female manager approached him, asked what the problem was, and when he pointed to our guns, she said "Go ahead, we can't stop them." I thanked them and went on about our buisness. On the way out the door, I made a point to stop and speak with the greeter. He said he was glad that we stopped, that he was hoping to get a chance to speak with us. He was very friendly and curious. Hopefully another person who will check things out. :) All in all, good day.

Is someone going to get the news reports on tape? I don't have a TV and it would be really cool to see it. Thanks everyone!

BrianEMT

imported post

I already have it set up to telecine in HD later on tonight, Channel 2-1 DT, 5:30PM. I think I am going to call off the shoot for tonight, move it to perhaps...Monday?

imported post

Good to see you all this morning!

I am currently uploading the vids of this mornings events to youtube.

in the meantime. here's pics I snapped from this morning. I edited out a lot of the animals at the Zoo, most came out crappy anyways since they were behind dirty plexiglass

imported post

I forgot to add that if anyone has any objections to having there picture publicly posted on here, and wish to have them removed, just send me a private message. I could also make the picassa album private, so i can send members a private link for there viewing pleasure or for personal downloading.