• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah "Permission Slip" Class by the Yellow Cat with the M-4

jpm84092

My Wisconsin allies have not firmed anything up for me so I will now have to take action.

I have done what i can, i have limited authority and time, and have left some matters up to the class attendees to arrange. this is what i can do, this is all i can do.

Not to worry McX. Things went about as I thought they might. I figured that since most local members were going to be at the Delavan Starbucks open carry event anyway, why not piggy-back that event with the Utah CFP course since students would be only 10 minutes away from the classroom.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE A PAPER COPY OR ELECTRONIC COPY OF THE COURSE

Link: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf

Everyone needs an application to be filled out before the course (and then I sign and affix my seal):

Link: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_009.pdf

Utah law requires that I verify the identity of all course participants and that their ID matches their Application. Bring a driver license or other form of Government Issued Photo ID.

xd40arff

I should have 3 students including myself. Is there anything in particular needed still as far as equipment or anything? I am local to the area so I could possibly bring something if needed and if I have access to whatever you need, but finding random things is my specialty!

jpm84092

I should have 3 students including myself. Is there anything in particular needed still as far as equipment or anything? I am local to the area so I could possibly bring something if needed and if I have access to whatever you need, but finding random things is my specialty!

Bring with you:

1) Yourself

2) The printed course materials - or proof that you have them electronically.

3) a Positive attitude.

4) I still do not have confirmation that somebody can bring a 9mm semiautomatic pistol that I can use to demonstrate safe loading and unloading using NRA supplied "dummy ammo".

5) Pre-print the Utah CFP application and a photo ID so I can verify that a given student is who he/she says they are (to meet Utah Legal requirements). Fill out the application

I have confirmation of a 32 inch TV capable of showing computer slides. I would rather use my slides than rely on the really dull course materials. But, the course will go forth either way.

Jim

CalicoJack10

I recognize that many events will be taking place during my visit to Wisconsin. Calico Jack has his event "up North" and on Sunday the 1st of May the Delavan meet-n-Greet open carry event will take place in Southern Wisconsin.

My Wisconsin allies have not firmed anything up for me so I will now have to take action.

I have access to an Airport hanger in East Troy. The Delavan Meet-n-Greet on May 1 gets over at 3 pm. I will hold my Utah "permission slip" class from 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm at the Airport hanger in East Troy (unless somebody contacts me with a better location). This will give enough time for Calico Jack to make it to SE WI after his class.

I have 2 events that weekend. Saturday April 30th, open carry day at Bad Bones BBQ from noon till 7, and the Special Olympics fun shoot and fundraiser on Sunday May 1st, from noon to ???, so I appreciate the offer but I will not be able to make it to this one. Even if it is in East Troy, I will not finish up the after action stuff till long after your course is over. Thanks anyway.

jpm84092

I have 2 events that weekend. Saturday April 30th, open carry day at Bad Bones BBQ from noon till 7, and the Special Olympics fun shoot and fundraiser on Sunday May 1st, from noon to ???, so I appreciate the offer but I will not be able to make it to this one. Even if it is in East Troy, I will not finish up the after action stuff till long after your course is over. Thanks anyway.

Please see my PM to you with an alternative plan.

jpm84092

Price Buster Fee Schedule:

Combat Veterans course fee = $10.00 (Spouses or adult children of combat veterans = $15.00)
Other US Veterans course fee = $15.00 (Spouses or adult children of US veterans = $20.00)
Active or retired law enforcement course fee = $15.00 (Spouses or adult children of LEO = $20.)
Members of Wisconsin Carry course fee = $20.00 (non member spouses or adult children = $25.00)
Non-Members of Wisconsin Carry who are NRA Members course fee = $30.00
General Public who are not members of NRA or WI Carry course fee = $40.00 (same as in Utah)
Persons already having a Utah permission slip who just want a refresher = chip in on buying my lunch.
Jim

Additional Fee Schedule:

Combat Veterans who hold the Military Order of the Purple Heart = $5.00
Disabled American Veterans = $5.00

All course fees assume that the student has already downloaded the course from the links previously provided and I do not need to rush to Kinkos to have a bunch of paper copies printed out. All students MUST have a copy of the Utah required course materials to be enrolled in the class. (Worst case, purchase a thumb drive from Best Buy or Radio Shack and download it from my computer.) The fact that you are on this forum and reading this post tells me that you can go to the links provided and download the course.

Link to course: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf

Link to Application: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_009.pdf

Please fill out the application and be prepared to show ID to verify that you are the person applying for the permit.

I get NRA teaching hours credit for this course so you will also fill out an attendance sheet. (NO, NRA will not deluge you with advertisements.)

MKEgal

jim said:
4) I still do not have confirmation that somebody can bring a 9mm semiautomatic pistol that I can use to demonstrate safe loading and unloading using NRA supplied "dummy ammo".
Ahem... yes, you do. It's coming with your 'training aid'. Didn't we discuss that on the phone?
I won't have the Glock back by next weekend, but we can use the KelTec.
I also saw a post by someone else offering another 9mm.

Cobra469

Ahem... yes, you do. It's coming with your 'training aid'. Didn't we discuss that on the phone?
I won't have the Glock back by next weekend, but we can use the KelTec.
I also saw a post by someone else offering another 9mm.

I offered to bring my Glock 19 9mm. I can also bring my Ruger LC9. Or maybe both?

MKEgal

Cobra469 said:
I offered to bring my Glock 19 9mm.
Ooh, bring the Glock. I've been wanting to handle a 19, see how it compares to the 17.
(What I'd really like to do is try out an 18, but the chances of that are next to zero.)

jpm84092

This thread has been viewed over 1000 times. I do not know if that means I will have 1000 students or if McX has viewed the thread that many times.

HEAD COUNT NEEDED!

Depending on the number of students chiming in, perhaps we should have a cooler and some soda. (Even though most students have just come from Starbucks.) Yes, the hangar has a bathroom.

CalicoJack10

Again, I appreciate the offer, but I have to decline yet again. I have personally (as well as "As a business") invested so much into getting this fundraiser going that I just cant afford to make a 5+ hour drive south to attend a course. Not to mention the Businesses that have invested in order to make sure that 100% of the money goes to Special Olympics that are counting on my prefessionalism in handeling this. And since part of that is after action reports to show the successfulness of the event, I am just going to have to bow out this time. Thanks again.

If you make it back this way let me know and I will see about making time to get to a course if I am not certified as a utah instructor by then.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Bring with you:

1) Yourself

2) The printed course materials - or proof that you have them electronically.

3) a Positive attitude.

Can I bring my wife and a friend too? Just kidding, they'll be there. Plenty of room in a hangar, right? Don't know if our friend Al can make it (some of you met him at Starbucks last month), but count on two of us for sure, with an option on a third.

Question for Jim on #2 above - can two of us share a laptop with a PDF of the course on it? I could even put two copies of the PDF on the laptop so we each have our own!

Thank you for your generous offer.

M

McX

i can bring a cooler and soda, if needed in advance, i can get extra copies of the class printed material to bring for others as well. PM and let me know. I and my Son plan to attend. that is 2 people, anyone else?

rcav8r

I'll be there myself.

Now for one other question. Is the airport gated? How do we get to the hangar, and which one will it be?

Unless you are having it in the FBO hangar the FBO door will be unlocked, how will we have access?