• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I'll take a trip (trips) around Green, Iowa, Lafayette, Grant, & Richland counties unless someone else wants one or more of them.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
It's Oddball, a favorite character from a favorite movie.

http://www.google.com/search?q=kell...&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

At times it would be a lot more pleasant here if posters would follow the wisdom of Oddball. I think McX is already. :)

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kelly's_Heroes

Ahh,
You can see why I was thinking it was this guy:

gyro_captain02.jpg

Bruce Spence

OK; ending hijack. :)

CKM

I haven't seen anyone speak up for the NW greater Milwaukee area yet...
I'm up into Men. Falls / Germantown fairly frequently, so could hit several stores there:
Fleet Farm
Gander Mtn.
Cabella's (N of there where 45 splits)

Although I am in Dodge county, I drive by the Richfield Cabelas (Hwy 41/45 split) often, so if you'd rather I do it, MKEGal, I could go to both Cabelas and the Gander Mountain just to the south of them. I can also hit Fleet Farm in Beaver Dam, and Northwoods Gunsmithing in Hartford.

There are three butchers in the area I could hit too: Cedar Road Meats, Pernat Haase Meats, and Leroy Meats. Oh, I could also hit WB Place in Hartford. It's a leather store that takes in a lot of deer hides from hunters.

If anyone knows of other places in Dodge County that would be good places for fliers, post them, and I'd be happy to go there, too. I have been out of a job since November 5, so I have some time on my hands (but very little money!).

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I got my mass shipment of flyers in and have also mostly recovered from the food poisoning suffered at the JC OC event this sunday (ugh)

I will try to contact more volunteers to get more brochures around this entire state in the next few days.

Big Dipper

Paul, you can go to http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html and then select the XLS (Excel) hyperlink for Wisconsin. The counties are numerical codes and the Zip codes are unfortunately mixed 5 and zip plus 4. If you are familiar enough with Excel you can fairly easily normalize the zip code fields. Or, based on a know city you can filter for the county code(s) that you want.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, you can go to http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html and then select the XLS (Excel) hyperlink for Wisconsin. The counties are numerical codes and the Zip codes are unfortunately mixed 5 and zip plus 4. If you are familiar enough with Excel you can fairly easily normalize the zip code fields. Or, based on a know city you can filter for the county code(s) that you want.

That is perfect!

That way I can concentrate on Walworth and Rock counties and look at Kenosha and Racine as well.

Thanks!

goforlow

Eau Claire / Chippewa Area is mostly done

Elk Mound - The Gun Exchange -- Done
Eau Claire - General Gun and Coin -- Done
Eau Claire - Gander Mountain -- Done
Eau Claire - Scheels --Done
Chippewa Falls - Lauer Custom Weapons -- Done

Also tonight I ran into something that I really don't feel that I have a good answer for. I got someone that does not want a permit system, BUT, he wants some form of shooting and safe handling training...mandatory. I told him you can't have both. Any advise on this issue?

Thanks

paul@paul-fisher.com

Also tonight I ran into something that I really don't feel that I have a good answer for. I got someone that does not want a permit system, BUT, he wants some form of shooting and safe handling training...mandatory. I told him you can't have both. Any advise on this issue?

Thanks

I guess the question for them would be, how would they know I had training that met the minimum unless there were a permit system? Would each of us carry or certificate of completion? If so, I can print one out for ya!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Thanks

Although I adamently disagree with it, showing your hunters safety card to an officer when it was determined you were carrying concealed might work. This would pretty much turn hunters safety cards into a permit.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
This raises a question for me. How does an club get on a WI-Force list. There are many that I know of that are not on the list.

I would think that it would be a simple matter of joining. Shows how the pro-firearm folks have not done a good job of networking. One thing I have compliment Jeri B. on, she has, with the use of several hundred thousand $$ of Joyce Foundation money.