• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapon Registry Question.

hermannr

Most of the guns I own were aquired before there were any FFLs, either by myself, or by the original owners. I do have a few that went through the FFL system, and I am sure the state of WA has them on file, but not the majority.

I don't worry about it. All of my guns are legal, and mine..and, yes, I know know where they all came from, even the ones originally purchased in the early 1900's

sirpuma

I was going to comment on the very real registry of firearms, but since the thread has devolved I'll save most of it other than to mention these tidbits.

State Pistol Transfer form

Federal Multiple Handgun form

ATF 4473 (surrendered to the ATF when business closes)

Bound Books (Surrendered to the ATF when business closes)

VW_Factor

Might I point out that keeping records of items sold, is not registration. A good comparison is vehicle registration. We do not do that with weapons.

Call it what you want but keeping track of who purchased what item, doesn't scream registration to me. Especially given the prevalence of boating accidents, and you don't have have to tell anyone anything otherwise....

DamonK

:banghead:

As a dispatcher when I check a name for firearms permit, it will show any handguns purchased in Washington, even if you don’t have a CWP. It will note the make, model, caliber, date of purchase. Along with the person’s name/birth date address (all the information from your driver’s license); so in a sense, we do have a handgun registration system.

Trust me if you buy your gun from a FFL they have it in their system.

On this we deffinately agree!

As a dispatcher when I check a name for firearms permit, it will show any handguns purchased in Washington, even if you don’t have a CWP. It will note the make, model, caliber, date of purchase. Along with the person’s name/birth date address (all the information from your driver’s license); so in a sense, we do have a handgun registration system.

SEE! Told you guys. That's why you buy everything you can through private parties!

hermannr

Interesting 911Grunt...I already knew the Officer received the information you have described...but you missed one item I thought they also got///SN of the weapon/s????