• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

So how much weight are you saving by going to the SP101 in .327 federal.

Jimsouth

So how much weight are you saving by going to the SP101 in .327 federal.
Neighborhood of 6 ounces. The loaded Firestar is about 31 - 32 ounces The Ruger about 27 ounces. I may even consider something lighter. Actually the CA Bulldog .44 weighs in at only 20 ounces; and a Hell of a lot of muscle.

Last edited:
I carry a Sig Sauer P239 .357 Sig, my wife carries the exact same weapon with a short trigger.
I use to carry a Sig P220 Carry, prior to that a regular Sig P220. However, they were both too big and heavy as a concealment weapon.
I did and still do love shooting those 45’s but I just couldn’t afford to own both guns. So each time I had to sell one to purchase another.
But for ease of concealment and carry, the Sig P239 in 357 with the rubber Hogue Grips is a sweet shooting firearm!!😎

What do you carry

I carry a Kimber Custom shop Pro CDP2 in stainless slide and blued frame in a Galco Fletch thumb break outer waistband . Love the weight and size it is perfect for open and or concealed carry .

Last edited:
Thanks. I know that some reviews have not been favorable for this make and model, but I really like the Walther Grip. I like it's size and the weight at 22.3 ounces with an empty mag, it's not to heavy for me for all day carry. So when I found the pistol with a stainless slide for $299 new, I didn't hesitate and bought one. I had one stove pipe in the first box of 50 rounds I shot. Took the gun apart for a good scrubbing and lubrication and since that time it has had zero failures with 700 rounds through the pistol. It ate several brands and weights, plus even my reloads. So I must be one of the lucky ones for not having continuing problems with it.
Shooting hot and heavy loads are comfortable with this gun, the soft recoil system really does work well. The sights are just so-so, but a little model paint and fine brush they can be brightened up to a very acceptable level.