• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

sudden valley gunner

Not Flo, it was the young lady you met at the intersection (I saw the video). Are you home Rob, we need to meet.

Oh LOL I thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry, Calvin it was one of the cute ones. You just need to hang out with John or I more often, seems though they leave me alone for John now.

Yes I am back, been swamped. I'll be in Blaine tomorrow, maybe I can swing by on my way home, I'll see what the woman has planned though.

standup

changing perspectives

Went to have my parking brake cable replaced by northwest rally sports.

He came in on Saturday morning to fit me in before a little road trip to the east side.

Him with a socket me with my cz.

While he fixed my brakes we had a long conversation about firearms.

His dad had ptsd from Vietnam and guns weren't apart of his life.

But he was curious especially because I was able to explain in a rational and reasonable manner why open carry is so valuable.

He had just had a fired up conversation about handguns in response to the attempted rape at cruisin coffee.

He first thought that the gal shouldn't or didn't need to be armed because the gun would have been used on her.

But by the end of our talk he realized that armed citizens who are trained to use guns correctly is wise.

Gave him one of our pamphlets to share with his gal and told him about the female shooting class at plantation range.

He asked to go shooting when I get back!!!

Great mechanic too if you got a subaru!

Hardware sales, gas station across street, downtown, and the farmers market which is my favorite oc because I know a lot of the vendors and have friends to talk to all over including my sweet vanilla bean. Which helps people realize I am normal and not a wacko. But haven't had one single bad response there.

I am off to the east side and my old stomping grounds of priest lake. Will report back on Idaho open carry. Looking forward to pulling up at the bar with my pistol.

skyisfalling

Pit Practice

Doc and I hit Demming Pit today.
Show & tell is so cool. I love seeing what other people have in their quiver.
Doc de-flowered two new sporting arms.
I got ta' shoot 'em as well.
Very nice picks, Doc.

Stayed late to practice, practice, practice.
500 rounds at a time , does not make up for not shooting 100 rounds every week.
I'm gunna' have ta' get serious if I don't want to shoot like a New York cop.

Boomboy007

No worries there, Sky.

I have seen you shoot, and it would take more than inconsistent practice for you to achieve NYPD level incompetence. You would need to lose at least one limb and most of your eyesight to shoot in that caliber. ;)

Get it? Caliber?!?

sudden valley gunner

Bank of America, Banner Bank, Haggens Ferndale, Jobsite, Blaines hardware store.

Costco Tire center, Best Buy.

Cycle Therapy pick up the bike, OC on the bike like always.

skyisfalling

Good turn-out, for this Sunday's OC meeting at Bakerview Starbucks.
Had guests from Concrete Wa. Lively conversation, large table, loud.
Thankz ya' all, fo' showing up. Really enjoyed it.

Have a good week, carry on, be safe.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was in the Grocery Outlet yesterday with my Sweet Baboo. We were getting ready to check out when we were stopped by the Manager. She commented about us being armed, but not scary. She asked about the laws (Lori gave her the brochure) and asked how she could address the concerns of those in the store who were distressed. Her immediate repair was to "put up a sign". She asked what I would do if she put a "no guns " sign up and Lori and I simultaneously said "we will not shop here." This alarmed her and her response was, "No, I don't want that." I reminded her she was on private property and she made the rules. If she felt uncomfortable with someone wearing a weapon, or no shirt, or no shoes, she could ask them to leave. If she indiscriminately put up a sign banning weapons, it would not stop BG weapons, only LAC weapons. She was very happy with that and admitted she felt safer when we came in her shop. We have a supporter in this store.

sudden valley gunner

Been a busy week.

Helped a Canadian who is buying a house here learn about firearms, he is looking to have a means of protecting his family. :cool:

I have taken the method of using English Common law in talking to Canadians about firearms, after all English Common law which our legal system is supposed to be, recognizes the right to bear arms.

It is also nice that I can use an example of a fairly recent India high court ruling about the right to bear arms.

John I like that city attorney, It's a shame politics is getting in the way.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was out and about yesterday, had to buy some dog cereal so I stopped by Petsmart. As I was checking out, the young lady said, "That's a pistol on your hip!". "Yes Ma'am, it is." says I. then the part about is that legal, can anyone do that, really? Well, I gave her the brochures, she felt better and told me she has a pink revolver. Now she plans to carry it.

Lowes, home depot, the Spook shop, haggens, the market, Spirit.

sudden valley gunner

MSg have you had heavy police presence since our meeting last Thursday. I have had more than the usual this week. Makes me wonder if the rumors are true.

Had a long and good conversation with a fellow day before yesterday, he might show up Sunday.

The teller at the Bank I frequent told me that when the bank robber was pointing the gun at his face he thought....."Where is Rob?"....and said he seriously wished I was there.

After getting robbed twice at gun point, him and the others at my bank have no issues with armed patrons like myself doing business with them, and some have vocalized they feel safer.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have seen no increased presence in my daily parade. I keep fairly aware of my AO and there has been nothing Rob.
My Bank (Peoples) is also pro 2A. Through my action of OCing, it has empowered others to carry also. Maybe the bank manager at your bank should carry Rob. Where was the Guard? Yes most banks do not even have a guard. A camera catches everything and you get to clean up "after".

sudden valley gunner

I have seen no increased presence in my daily parade. I keep fairly aware of my AO and there has been nothing Rob.
My Bank (Peoples) is also pro 2A. Through my action of OCing, it has empowered others to carry also. Maybe the bank manager at your bank should carry Rob. Where was the Guard? Yes most banks do not even have a guard. A camera catches everything and you get to clean up "after".

I heard they may have finally caught the alleged Bank Robber, well I don't know if riddling him with holes is being "caught".....I can't find a newspaper link to this though, I was told this by a teller a few days ago.

So maybe it was my specific words to the city attorney that has increased the "presence". I would be interested if it has caused what is rumored to have happened......if so the cops wouldn't be happy about that after all they have spent so much years and effort in protecting their own criminal in blue.