• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

skeith5

The news article from kiro said that there was a surprising list on their website about where you couldn't open carry. Has anyone seen that? I can't seem to find it...

b0neZ

The news article from kiro said that there was a surprising list on their website about where you couldn't open carry. Has anyone seen that? I can't seem to find it...

The list is on their "as seen on TV" section. It's primarily anything that's firearm-related from the RCW's.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
We were on KGMI at 1710 (5:10), KIRO at 1700(five), and again at six. It will air again at 2300 (11: pee em). SVG and I monitored the KGMI and KIRO interviews. Very positive.

SVG and Mark Kaiman (Lustick Law) and myself were interviewed by the B'ham herald this afternoon. We will see how honest they are. The reputation they have preceded them and they may not be very positive. Facts are facts tho, they can only twist it if they lie.

Good job, interview ended up being positive IMO.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
All over town with my Sweet Baboo on motorcycles. Stopped at the Wonderful buffet for lunch and then off to Bed Bath and Beyond. No worries or MWAG calls.

sudden valley gunner

Hair cut, little kid to mom he's got a gun, I said yes to protect you. Mom to kid so why does he have a gun. Little kid to protect me (with a smile). Mom good you were listening. Me to little kid, but if you ever see a gun in a hand call the police it is either a bad guy with a gun or a good guy that is going to need help.

ARADCOM

Out and About at WinCo Foods

OC'ed at the new WinCo last night, it's quite the grocery store and pricing appears to be very good. Spent about 45 minutes roaming the aisles and looking at pricing for things I normally buy.

Got a couple of 'looks' from other shoppers, but no comments and no interactions. So it appears WinCo is at least OC tolerant.

Another new place last week was Seifert & Jones Wine Merchants. Very crowded at a wine tasting prior to a wine related movie at the Pickford, but no issues there or at the theater.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have already been in there a half dozen times and have seen nothing but smiles from all the employees. The first day I saw management types all over the store. I have been told that all but ten of the employees are local. I like that.

sudden valley gunner

I have already been in there a half dozen times and have seen nothing but smiles from all the employees. The first day I saw management types all over the store. I have been told that all but ten of the employees are local. I like that.

The woman and I went the other day no probs.

Tomorrow will be at Sehome Starbucks 10 AM.

sudden valley gunner

I will be there with my Sweet Baboo and a few additional family members. I wonder if we should open carry.

The place was crowded. We were hardly noticed and went about our business.

Must have just missed you guy, was carpooling with Larry and he was in a rush to get to Everett for our meeting. He OC'd for his first time and another member car pooling with us did too.

PALO

OK Boys and Girls of Whatcom County. My little event with officer ALLEN BASS of BPD has gone to the media by my attorney. You may get some renewed interest in your weapon over the next few days, so have your mindset straight and your reply's ready.
Remember this....You are NOT doing anything illegal. Be strong, be prepared and Carry On.

I wish I lived closer. I'd go out of my way to OC in Whatcom County, and specifically Bellingham.

()pen(arry

You probably won't have a problem a few us have made sure the cops are walking on eggshells when it comes to OC.

I'm surprised that Whatcom County has had notable friction, but Edmonds, a town I would have figured would be full of uptight retirees and mom'n'pop shop owners, hasn't had an incident that I can find. I OC all over Edmonds, and no one has ever said anything to me about it. I guess it shows just how much gratitude we new-comers owe to the folks who fought so hard to establish proper expectations the last decade or more.

sudden valley gunner

I'm surprised that Whatcom County has had notable friction, but Edmonds, a town I would have figured would be full of uptight retirees and mom'n'pop shop owners, hasn't had an incident that I can find. I OC all over Edmonds, and no one has ever said anything to me about it. I guess it shows just how much gratitude we new-comers owe to the folks who fought so hard to establish proper expectations the last decade or more.

It may be those in charge of Edmonds cops never made a deal about it to begin with.

I was told on my first encounter and I quote "I will harass you every time you OC". This was someone who went by the pseudo military title of LT., I then was told pretty much the same thing by the Deputy Chief Flo Simmon.

There is also that we stood up to some men in blue and that brother hood doesn't seem to take well to that. One brother Mr. Allen Bass has had several instances, so he either is not to bright, has a special bug up his ass about us, or (as is the consensus among many people here in Bellingham) is a thug who doesn't like anyone who dares to question his "authoritay", maybe all three.