• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Made the trip to the regular Starbucks meet. Doc, Sky, and myself. Stopped by costcutter to get some dead cow meat for my dogs and found a car show. Some very nice vehicles and I don't belive many noticed my pistol. Todays OC weapon was Herselfs Ruger P95, big, but not heavy. More noticeable than my EDC CZ82, still, no worries. We are the new normal.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Have not been out much, summer cold.
Went out and about with my Sweet Baboo yesterday. Went down to Skagit MS to look at a few bikes, had lunch in Mt Vernon, and hit a few more bike dealers. No worries. I was not wearing my usual EDC, and was carrying a P95 Ruger. Pretty hard not to notice it, but I rec'd no negative reactions from anyone.

sudden valley gunner

Had a rather long conversation with the guy asking for gun background check signatures outside Haggens.

Asked him why he wants more violence in his life and in society? Explained to him that every law he wants is asking for government violence to enforce it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a rather long conversation with the guy asking for gun background check signatures outside Haggens.

Asked him why he wants more violence in his life and in society? Explained to him that every law he wants is asking for government violence to enforce it.
Hmmm - maybe need to collect signatures for petitioner background checks :p

To man with a clip board, "Have you got a permit for that?" :lol:

sudden valley gunner

Hmmm - maybe need to collect signatures for petitioner background checks :p

To man with a clip board, "Have you got a permit for that?" :lol:

LOL...yea that's been suggested...still funny every time I hear it.

The good thing is that in the time I talked to him which was longer than a few minutes....he lost out on many potential signatures....

sudden valley gunner

After OC meet Sunday had lunch at Kyoto's with another OC member and their other half. Good food friendly service and have never has an issue with my firearm.

Also Officer Allen Bass was in Starbucks Sunday, as he was leaving I waved he waved back...;)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Open carried on my motorcycle thru B;ham yesterday. no worries.
Went into BA bank downtown to do some business. Not even a raised eyebrow.
All the usual places, no worries.
Five Guys Burgers, Freddys, Lowes, courthouse, the Park.

sudden valley gunner

Open carried on my motorcycle thru B;ham yesterday. no worries.
Went into BA bank downtown to do some business. Not even a raised eyebrow.
All the usual places, no worries.
Five Guys Burgers, Freddys, Lowes, courthouse, the Park.

Yay now I won't be the only guy cruising around OC'ing here in B'ham.

sudden valley gunner

Busy day yesterday and productive.

Riding motorcycle OC all over met some other motorcycle riders at Starbucks, a friend came up to have us help her buy a gun (yay new gun owner), then to another Starbucks met with other 2A proponents, and then early dinner at Kyoto's Steak House (great food friendly staff, an no worries about the two OC'ers and their companions).

And it is a real tattoo....

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The pink helmet with the skulls is Loris, not mine.

Out and about all over town.
Deputy tried to engage me in conversation at the park. I was cordial, but I chose not to engage, he moved on. No worries, OC is alive and seems to be doing well in Whatcom County.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
OK Boys and Girls of Whatcom County. My little event with officer ALLEN BASS of BPD has gone to the media by my attorney. You may get some renewed interest in your weapon over the next few days, so have your mindset straight and your reply's ready.
Remember this....You are NOT doing anything illegal. Be strong, be prepared and Carry On.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A couple of interviews in the park. An hour of Open Carry conversation on KGMI. This guy in Lynden seems to think that there are no open carriers in his area. I Open Carry in Lynden and don't raise any eyebrows.

All the usuals, no worries.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We were on KGMI at 1710 (5:10), KIRO at 1700(five), and again at six. It will air again at 2300 (11: pee em). SVG and I monitored the KGMI and KIRO interviews. Very positive.

SVG and Mark Kaiman (Lustick Law) and myself were interviewed by the B'ham herald this afternoon. We will see how honest they are. The reputation they have preceded them and they may not be very positive. Facts are facts tho, they can only twist it if they lie.