• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why I dont open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

RU serious

I didn't watch the whole video. She even pissed ME off when she called OC merely a political statement.

XD40sc

The lack of facts in most of the attacks on her video really make the OC minions sound like a bunch of liberals and their ignorance driven agendas.

OC or CC are we not carrying for the same reason? Or did her Alpha male comment cut too close to the truth?

The Truth

Telling somebody they shouldn't open carry because it makes others uncomfortable is like telling homosexuals not to hold hands in public. Who gives a **** if others are uncomfortable? That's their problem. It's a free country... OC your gun, hold hands with your gay lover, it doesn't matter as long as you aren't threatening anybody's life, liberty, or property. Businesses shouldn't discriminate on the basis of gun ownership any more than they should on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. Plus, it's just plain stupid to turn away paying customers.

I don't even think you meant it to be, but this is brilliant.

Saved!

stealthyeliminator

The lack of facts in most of the attacks on her video really make the OC minions sound like a bunch of liberals and their ignorance driven agendas.

OC or CC are we not carrying for the same reason? Or did her Alpha male comment cut too close to the truth?

Do OCers and CCers not carry for the same reason? Some do and some don't, I think. I think 'the divide' is not between OC and CC, but other characteristics. Like privilege vs. right, status vs. freedom, club mentality vs. individualism mentality, etc.

McLintock

Do OCers and CCers not carry for the same reason? Some do and some don't, I think. I think 'the divide' is not between OC and CC, but other characteristics. Like privilege vs. right, status vs. freedom, club mentality vs. individualism mentality, etc.

I know people who CC only, but they do for self protection, and it's what THEY feel comfortable with, that would be the right reason. The CCer's who say all people should CC only are not doing it for the wrong reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XD40sc

OK, you either carry for self-defense against all the bad guys, or to make a statement of some kind, or to compensate for something.

I carry to protect myself and family............. you?

sudden valley gunner

OK, you either carry for self-defense against all the bad guys, or to make a statement of some kind, or to compensate for something.

Who cares? None of anyone else's business why someone carries and how they do it. (As long as it is done safely)

Fallschirjmäger

I believe this is a wonderful example of the logical fallacy called the False Dichotomy.

The fallacy of false dichotomy is committed when the arguer claims that his conclusion is one of only [a number of limited options, usually] two, when in fact there are other possibilities. The arguer then goes on to show that the 'only other option' is clearly outrageous, and so his preferred conclusion must be embraced.

Either you let me go to the Family Values Tour, or I'll be miserable for the rest of my life. I know you don't want me to be miserable for the rest of my life, so you should let me go to the concert.

Either you use Speed Stick deodorant, or you will stink to high heaven. You don't want to stink, so you better by Speed Stick.

Either I keep smoking, or I'll get fat. I don't want to get fat, so I better keep smoking.

Either we keep Charles Manson in jail, or we release him, thus risking murder, carnage, and mayhem. We don't want murder, carnage, or mayhem, so we had better keep him in jail.

kurt555gs

Over on "the website that shall not be named" the anti open carry bunch have their usual blather like "it's a tactical disadvantage" ready for copy and paste at the first sign off open carry talk.

TexasOC

Hmmm... so the mods on this forum respect the Second Amendment unequivocally, but the First Amendment only selectively. Got it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hmmm... so the mods on this forum respect the Second Amendment unequivocally, but the First Amendment only selectively. Got it.
OCDO is private property. We are all here as guests of the site owners and subject to their rules.

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions.

See and read Forum Rules

TexasOC

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Key word - RESPECT. My post still stands.

Not trying to be an *** (whoops, am I allowed to say that *****?), I'm just new to the forum and unfamiliar with the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Key word - RESPECT. My post still stands.

Not trying to be an *** (whoops, am I allowed to say that *****?), I'm just new to the forum and unfamiliar with the rules.

Respect? Really? You show total disrespect to the forum and offer the excuse that you are unfamiliar with the rules. That won't fly - read your PMs.

FTG-05

Over on "the website that shall not be named" the anti open carry bunch have their usual blather like "it's a tactical disadvantage" ready for copy and paste at the first sign off open carry talk.

Care to narrow it down a little, there's a ton of them, Arfcom, TFL, THR, DC, USA Carry (although this is better than most), etc.

TexasOC

Respect? Really? You show total disrespect to the forum and offer the excuse that you are unfamiliar with the rules. That won't fly - read your PMs.
I get it. You're in charge, you hold the power. I promise I'll behave.

In the future, I would greatly appreciate it if you refrained from editing my posts in order to make it seem like I said something that I didn't.

Ending this conversation now. Thanks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I get it. You're in charge, you hold the power. I promise I'll behave.

In the future, I would greatly appreciate it if you refrained from editing my posts in order to make it seem like I said something that I didn't.

Ending this conversation now. Thanks.

Editing posts to remove offensive content is a legitimate function - the meaning was not altered one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.