• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why We Don't Look Like Our Caveman Ancestors

georg jetson

Interesting that you would post a video from a man who has been so thoroughly discredited: "Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary, Atlanta." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

It should also be noted that Mr. Hovind's educational claims are just as spurious as his tax returns must have been. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Yet there are many who are quite willing to accept his spurious "theology" at face value. I won't.

I have no idea who Mr. Hovind is but, simply because a man has been convicted of some of the thousands of victimless crimes enumerated today is hardly a reason to discount him. Perhaps in some cases it can be used to do just the opposite.

WalkingWolf

I said the evolution religious zealots. You sound like Charles Lyle when he wrote his satanic book about geology. Keep reading Genesis you will find out that God created everything in 6 days and was done and rested. No evolution involved. 6 days and done, finished, complete earth with all of it's inhabitants. Day 7 time to take a break and sit on the beach.

How long would a day be in the revolution of infinity? Or even the galaxy? Is god only limited to earth?

SFCRetired

Interesting ideas. How do you reconcile the bible indicating that there was no death before Adam and Eve ate from the tree? Evolution is a theory which incorporates death, or life's increased ability to avoid it, as a significant mechanism.
First of all, one must remember that the author of Genesis (presumably Moses) was relating the oral traditions passed down from his forefathers. This, along with some other books of the Bible, is a major sticking point for many people. Do I believe every single word that is in the Bible? No. Do I believe, on the other hand, that the Bible was Divinely inspired? Yes.

There are many very valuable lessons on how one should live their life to be gained from the Bible. The most important one is contained in Mark 12:30-31, and is, unfortunately, the one most ignored by those who deem themselves "Christian".

What must be taken into consideration when studying the Scriptures is that, while Divinely inspired, they were written by men and translated by men. Very unfortunately, some of those men were inspired by motives other than the Divine. That is a historically proven fact.

Mr. Hovind is the author of the "young earth" theory (earth is only 6,000 years old:lol:) and a staunch "scientific creationism" advocate. I listed his convictions (and, yes, there were victims-those who sent him money) and his fraudulent educational claims to demonstrate his utter lack of credibility.

solus

Birdman, i happen to discount books written by human's hand based on how that same human can please their tyrannical master with what they want to hear at a particular point in time and history.

sorry please do not throw in divine intervention as 'helping' the human's hand write the stories ascribed from above.

get the Pope, et al., to release to researchers, out of their locked down vaults in the Vatican, all the ancient tomes written so the world can see exactly what was left out and not included in the bible at the direction of the religious leaders (Council of Nicea) of the time the Bible was correlated into what it is today.

point in case, was there a flood as documented in the bible and on the silver screen, yepper as proven by scientific evidence. six days to create everything seems to be antithetical to the scientific evidence gathered to date, and growing.

marx was correct on this one point...

ipse

Last edited:

Mr Birdman

credibility

First of all, one must remember that the author of Genesis (presumably Moses) was relating the oral traditions passed down from his forefathers. This, along with some other books of the Bible, is a major sticking point for many people. Do I believe every single word that is in the Bible? No. Do I believe, on the other hand, that the Bible was Divinely inspired? Yes.

There are many very valuable lessons on how one should live their life to be gained from the Bible. The most important one is contained in Mark 12:30-31, and is, unfortunately, the one most ignored by those who deem themselves "Christian".

What must be taken into consideration when studying the Scriptures is that, while Divinely inspired, they were written by men and translated by men. Very unfortunately, some of those men were inspired by motives other than the Divine. That is a historically proven fact.

Mr. Hovind is the author of the "young earth" theory (earth is only 6,000 years old:lol:) and a staunch "scientific creationism" advocate. I listed his convictions (and, yes, there were victims-those who sent him money) and his fraudulent educational claims to demonstrate his utter lack of credibility.

You say you are a Christian but every chance you get you disagree with the Bible and only want to believe what you want because I guess there are just to many absolutes you do not want to believe or obey. Do you have to understand every word of the Bible to be a Christian? I do not believe so. But your constant demeaning of the Bible and lack of respect for it makes me really doubt your faith. The Bible is clear it says he will PRESERVE HIS WORD FOR EVER( he never said he wold preserve the English language) AND ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN THROUGH INSPIRATION. That means if I tell you to dictate a letter for me who is responsible for the content. Do you really think I would let you mess it up and send it out with my name on it? I do not believe God would do so either.

The Vatican has many copies of it's vile repulsive version of the bible. Their bible only has 9 commandments and they do not obey half of them. The book of Daniel has 2 extra chapters that do not belong. They did not like what was in it so they wrote their own. That is one of the reasons Martin Luther formed his own church. He read the real Bible and went out on his own. The catholic church wanted to get the holy land back so they created the muslim religion. It did not work they formed their own cult that was just as bad as the catholic cult.

Yes Hovind is in prison. I do not think he should have fought the IRS. NO ONE EVER BEATS THE IRS. HE FOUGHT THE LAW AND THE LAW WON. (sounds like a song) But that still does not make his message wrong. He points out evidence in the Bible. In the beginning does God know when the beginning was. He said so he said Adam was the first man and he was 130 when Seth was born. Seth was 105 when his son was born. If you add up the dates you will get about 6000 years also. But since you do not believe the Bible you will not get that because you have your own doctrine to follow not inspired by the Bible. Nothing died until man sinned. The Bible is clear about that. Plants are not alive according to the Bible. They do not have nostrils and they do not have blood. The do not have the breath of life in them. God told Adam and Eve that the plants were for food. He clearly tells them what is food and what is living things, and to only eat the food.

Mr Birdman

Science

Birdman, i happen to discount books written by human's hand based on how that same human can please their tyrannical master with what they want to hear at a particular point in time and history.

sorry please do not throw in divine intervention as 'helping' the human's hand write the stories ascribed from above.

get the Pope, et al., to release to researchers, out of their locked down vaults in the Vatican, all the ancient tomes written so the world can see exactly what was left out and not included in the bible at the direction of the religious leaders (Council of Nicea) of the time the Bible was correlated into what it is today.

point in case, was there a flood as documented in the bible and on the silver screen, yepper as proven by scientific evidence. six days to create everything seems to be antithetical to the scientific evidence gathered to date, and growing.

marx was correct on this one point...

ipse

Timothy was told to beware of science falsely so called. And the heathen will profess them self to be wise but became fools. The scientific evidence clearly is indisputable facts are stubborn things they just lie there in your face and you can not ignore them. The evolution religious zealots will tell you to imagine and to believe that is the way it happened because we can not have God doing it then we will have to do what he says instead of what we want to do.

georg jetson

I can see your reasoning. I can't necessarily agree with it because it becomes easy to take the parts you like and discard the rest. I think we both agree that writing the Bible for debating the history of the world is hardly the focus. Though I refuse to believe evolution because it makes no sense, I don't think I can say I know really how things came to be. I wasn't there.

I also disagree with your ranking of Bible versus. :)
No.1 is the famous John 3:16. We Christians are free as a result of a gift. We love because we want to, not because we are commanded to.

SFCRetired

The bottom line is that it is "belief". It is your choice to either believe or not to believe. It is also your choice, if you do believe, to, as I have done for many years, to study, pray, and then arrive at your core beliefs.

Mr. Jetson, that was not my ranking but rather the words of Christ.

Mr. Birdman, yes, I do, in fact, consider myself Christian and live my life accordingly. Were I you, I would investigate Mr. (although he claims a doctorate, it is not from any accredited university) Hovind much more thoroughly. I would also, since you and I both have access to the wealth of knowledge that is the internet, call up the various translations of the Bible and compare them.

I would also ask you, since you say the Bible is completely accurate, to which translation are you referring? The King James? Proven to have errors of translation and omission. Go from there.

And what is the oldest continuous Christian church in existence today? When you find out, check the Bible they use and its history.

Your assumption of an age of 6,000 years for the earth has been disproven so thoroughly that it is not even a basis for discussion.

georg jetson

Not so. You stated that it was the most important "lesson". Jesus said "There is no commandment greater than these". A commandment is not a lesson. Regardless, my point was that we Christians don't live by the law. It's been shown time and again that we fall short. The more important "lesson" is that we've been saved from failing to obey the commandments.

I don't mean to pick though... I understood where you're coming from.

SFCRetired

Not so. You stated that it was the most important "lesson". Jesus said "There is no commandment greater than these". A commandment is not a lesson. Regardless, my point was that we Christians don't live by the law. It's been shown time and again that we fall short. The more important "lesson" is that we've been saved from failing to obey the commandments.

I don't mean to pick though... I understood where you're coming from.

Thank you, I perhaps misspoke. The lesson was Jesus' ranking of the commandments. If we can but obey to the best of our ability those two commandments, then we have perhaps grasped the most important of all His teachings.

Mr Birdman

The bottom line is that it is "belief". It is your choice to either believe or not to believe. It is also your choice, if you do believe, to, as I have done for many years, to study, pray, and then arrive at your core beliefs.

Mr. Birdman, yes, I do, in fact, consider myself Christian and live my life accordingly. Were I you, I would investigate Mr. (although he claims a doctorate, it is not from any accredited university) Hovind much more thoroughly. I would also, since you and I both have access to the wealth of knowledge that is the internet, call up the various translations of the Bible and compare them.

I would also ask you, since you say the Bible is completely accurate, to which translation are you referring? The King James? Proven to have errors of translation and omission. Go from there.

And what is the oldest continuous Christian church in existence today? When you find out, check the Bible they use and its history.

Your assumption of an age of 6,000 years for the earth has been disproven so thoroughly that it is not even a basis for discussion.[/QUOTE

Once again I have to repeat Timothy again. Since you keep professing your self to be wise you have become a fool. The scientific evidence is overwhelming and you refuse to look at it. You only want to believe what you want to because the truth is to hard for you to understand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98SDiZC72E Your theory of the age has never been disproved just because you refuse to look at the facts does not make it so.

georg jetson

Thank you, I perhaps misspoke. The lesson was Jesus' ranking of the commandments. If we can but obey to the best of our ability those two commandments, then we have perhaps grasped the most important of all His teachings.

Jesus' s comment on the commandments was in response to a question by a religious teacher. Jesus had many issues with such teachers. The context is not as you characterize it. Much more important of all of Jesus' s teaching was of the gift of salvation. Without the gift of salvation, we all go to our graves forever, regardless of our ability to obey commandments.

OC for ME

Why we don't...?

Well, there is this dude in my neighborhood...;)

I have been call a caveman by a female or two, usually after a long afternoon of beer and wings during just about every weekend during football season.

So, while I don't think I look like...my opinion is not the only one out there.

solus

did Jesus and the apostles belong to JFPO? i am 'almost' positive they didn't OC or CC...(i'm olde but not quite that olde and wasn't there so truly not be completely sure)

then why, oh why, is this discourse on theology continuing as it's like listening to the idiot savant forum member out here argue about the virtues of CC'g over OC'g. (shudder)

I am sure it has absolutely nothing to do with why we don't look like the cavemen as well as i know the cavemen didn't OC or CC for that matter.

give it a rest will ya...geeeez

ipse

papa bear

This is the social lounge. And yes according to the bible they did OC or CC just not pistols.

GUNNER, this again makes me wished there was a "likes" on this site

but to clear up the apostles did carry

i am sure the cave men both CC or hid their clubs behind their backs when they wanted to raid the local camps