• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry meet up, August 29th at Starbucks in Delevan

blaze

Me saying I will talk to Shaun as opposed to Blayze threatening to call the cops at a meet-up? I would say those are quite different Gleason.

And I certainly can't speak for Nik but I don't blame him at all for not working with you. You are unhinged to say the least. Is that a personal attack? No. Just my observation.

I said anyone I observe threatening Sak and Icarry regardless of whether they are WCI or anybody not connected will be recorded and media and police. It will happen.

You and WCIguy certainly are fond of the word threaten. What do you call following SAK around like a fly on sh!t and inserting yourself between him and any camera as you have posted, a friendly gesture?

I also see you and WCIguy have liberally used the forum rule on having certain portions removed from some of your posts in this thread. If you cannot stand behind your remarks, I have no use for either of you.

The Don

So whats your point Don besides wasting a good part of your morning sniffing around my posts.

I won't stand for Shaun horning in on Wisconsin events and I've made that as clear as I can without threatening him.

You conveniently leave out the posts where I invite hem here but ask him to leave his business at home.

You are just stirring up sh!t to no good purpose. Stand aside and let men who know what they are talking about deal with this.

I thought my point was clear.

From the perspective of someone not involved in this conversation and without any animosity towards or favor for *EITHER* WCI or ICarry, whether you meant it or not, the tone of your posts where you talk about "talking to" SAK in various ways, can be seen as threatening. That's all I meant.

And I never said you didn't invite him up, etc. I was pretty specific in my post about what I was talking about and why. I was showing the relevant parts of your posts that *COULD BE SEEN* to support the argument that you were threatening SAK *BY THOSE WHO WANT TO SEE IT* that way.

I didn't attack you, I just tried to show where some others might be coming from and why.

And please stop talking to me like I'm a child, not a man, and implying that I don't have a right to post here also. It wasn't acceptable when you thought I was a sock puppet and it's certainly not now that you KNOW I'm not a sock puppet.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I also see you and WCIguy have liberally used the forum rule on having certain portions removed from some of your posts in this thread. If you cannot stand behind your remarks, I have no use for either of you.

Blayze, just so we are clear. I am the guy who reports posts to the administrator. If I see a personal attack, I report it. John makes the call as to whether it gets deleted/edited or not.

I make no apologies. If you don't want to be reported, don't attack. Discuss in a civilized fashion. Talk on here like you would talk face to face.

Bickering gets us no where. When the antis come in here and read this crap they reinforce the notion they have that we are all a bunch of nuts.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Obviously my contribution thus far means nothing to you.

James, even though we have had our 'issues', I appreciate you insight and input. I appreciate everyone who goes out and wins over one non OC'er at a time, whether it is an event like a Starbuck GTG or just someone going grocery shopping.

Everyone, We are all on the same team! Let's act like it!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Unbelievable......just unbelievable.

I have just read through all SEVEN pages of this thread and am utterly shocked at the behavior of some of you guys. I rarely post anything on this forum anymore because of a few of you individuals who take offense with any post they deem worthy of attacking and then attack and attack and attack. You guys start these forum battles and then derail the thread (like right now). Heck, I forgot what the thread was about because of all the fighting. Even when someone posts nicely trying to end a battle some of you guys still go on the offensive. What is wrong with you guys? Heck, go to a gym and punch the punching bag a few thousand times. If I were Nik I would NEVER respond to any of you guys again because there is no way you guys will read whatever is written and not take offense to it. And what the heck is up with you guys posting PM's and EMAILS? PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE. Emails are private as well between two individuals. Yes, I know there is no expectation of privacy but my God don't you people have any ethics? I would never post a PM or Email from anyone on a public forum or divulge it to anyone that it is not written to. And I sure as heck wouldn't dig through public records and post information from the Wisconsin Circuit Court site about members on this forum. I will NEVER trust anyone that posts PM's or Emails or anything else that is private on a public forum.

Now let's see how many of you attack this post and back it up with your reasoning. I won't respond to keep your battle going so go ahead and pat yourselves on the back. You won the battle.

phred

Amen

I have just read through all SEVEN pages of this thread and am utterly shocked at the behavior of some of you guys. I rarely post anything on this forum anymore because of a few of you individuals who take offense with any post they deem worthy of attacking and then attack and attack and attack. You guys start these forum battles and then derail the thread (like right now). Heck, I forgot what the thread was about because of all the fighting. Even when someone posts nicely trying to end a battle some of you guys still go on the offensive. What is wrong with you guys? Heck, go to a gym and punch the punching bag a few thousand times. If I were Nik I would NEVER respond to any of you guys again because there is no way you guys will read whatever is written and not take offense to it. And what the heck is up with you guys posting PM's and EMAILS? PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE. Emails are private as well between two individuals. Yes, I know there is no expectation of privacy but my God don't you people have any ethics? I would never post a PM or Email from anyone on a public forum or divulge it to anyone that it is not written to. And I sure as heck wouldn't dig through public records and post information from the Wisconsin Circuit Court site about members on this forum. I will NEVER trust anyone that posts PM's or Emails or anything else that is private on a public forum.

I have been sitting on similar words for a day now. The "dialogue" on this forum is embarrassing. Even though I have learned a lot from reading the information and philosophies posted, I hesitate to recommend this forum as an informational tool to people I meet with interests related to 2nd Amendments rights, OC, CC, cc and so on. As I've posted before, let's play nicely. People interested in the cause are being turned off and turned away by all of the bickering, ranting, and talking in tongues. I've met a lot of you and this forum seems to bring out a darker side that I didn't see in you in person. What gives? Respect each other. Help each other. PLEASE!!!

J.Gleason

Banned
There I have went through and removed any negative comments I have posted in this thread. I no longer have any interests in arguing with any egomaniacs, thugs or the thug nation.

From this point on I am going to focus on being more productive towards helping the cause. Those that choose to move on with me so be it. Those who wish to carry on with the immaturity will go on the iggy list.

Spartacus

Banned
I've met a lot of you and this forum seems to bring out a darker side that I didn't see in you in person. What gives? Respect each other. Help each other. PLEASE!!!

Great post Fred.

The only thing you are lacking is an understanding of what internet forums are all about... debate and discussion. Sometimes it can get ugly just like life. We are all individuals and have differing opinions on various topics and some of us passionately so. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who disagrees with me and can even take a bit of name calling without crying like a baby but it is a mistake to think that we should all get along like some big family. Heck, even families have knock-down drag-out fights occasionally.

People who can't stand that level of aggression should stay out of the fight pure and simple.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
I said anyone I observe threatening Sak and Icarry regardless of whether they are WCI or anybody not connected will be recorded and media and police. It will happen.

You and WCIguy certainly are fond of the word threaten. What do you call following SAK around like a fly on sh!t and inserting yourself between him and any camera as you have posted, a friendly gesture?

I never removed any of my posts and don't know what you are talking about except you are looking to find more fault which hardly seems a problem in your case and is likely a character issue.

The behavior I intend towards Shaun is in no way illegal, so go ahead and call the cops and see where it gets you.

phred

ya but,

Great post Fred.

The only thing you are lacking is an understanding of what internet forums are all about... debate and discussion. Sometimes it can get ugly just like life. We are all individuals and have differing opinions on various topics and some of us passionately so. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who disagrees with me and can even take a bit of name calling without crying like a baby but it is a mistake to think that we should all get along like some big family. Heck, even families have knock-down drag-out fights occasionally.

People who can't stand that level of aggression should stay out of the fight pure and simple.

That level of aggression (and hostility) is intimidating, especially to newer people to the cause. That aggression is NOT necessary. And, it is certainly not necessary to provoke a fight. Debate and discussion need not get nasty. The level of respect that we afford others and others expect of us BECAUSE we carry a firearm should prevail here too.

paul@paul-fisher.com

That level of aggression (and hostility) is intimidating, especially to newer people to the cause. That aggression is NOT necessary. And, it is certainly not necessary to provoke a fight. Debate and discussion need not get nasty. The level of respect that we afford others and others expect of us BECAUSE we carry a firearm should prevail here too.

+1,000,000!

I disagree vehemently with Spartacus on a couple issues and haver never personally attacked him except for calling him annoying.

We can have a civil discourse.

Spartacus

Banned

Thats your opinion and I respect it Fred. We've met and I know you to be a quiet and can I even say docile man. I am not. I'm a fighter and have always been so.

Having said that, I do believe that we can all step back and take a breath now. I've made my position clear to Shaun and I don't need to beat a dead horse. I've mopped up Doug's sockpuppets and engaged several lurkers which is always good whether they agree with me or not.

It looks like a win to me...

Spartacus

Banned
To promote peace and harmony, I'll just let that one go.

Theres nothing wrong with that Fred. We need all types in this battle.

The Board of Directors of WCI is a good example... all unique individuals with different skill sets suited for disparate tasks in the organization.

I certainly never meant my comment as disparaging toward you in any way and look forward to working with you in Wausau.

rimmer

I came to the Delavan Event,as I had read about it in the newspaper. I met some real nice people there. I've known about open carry for years, but I have never attempted to try it until that day. I plan on trying it more often. I have lived in Delavan for 30+ years and to the person who did'nt like the Illinois invading Lake Geneva all summer statement,by another member, I'm tired of them also. I really wish they would stay home. I had a nice conversation with Nik and also with Cannard,and I hope that these Events keep on a positive note as they progress.

Oscar

Last edited: