Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

Post imported post

Just showed him and his pistol. Explained it was legal. Said the SS and cops had eyes on him all day.

I am getting video of it now.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Ohhh, 'Liberty Tree' - how provocative!

I wonder how many 'Progressives' even understand what his sign means?

Post imported post

Gotta love NH!!! And a big tip of the hat to the OCer.

Wow MSNBC! Your anchor needs new skivvies!A free society! Who'da thunk it?!?!?

Post imported post

The ignorance and idiocy coming from the in-studio reporter is amazing.

Post imported post

That news crew is unbelievable.

-they should make him leave

-that is dangerous

-people should be concerned

-is that even legal

Post imported post

Wow, these guys are idiots.

They mentioned a couple of times that the gun was registered to him. I didn't know NH had gun registration. Is that true?

Post imported post

Repeater wrote:
    Ohhh, 'Liberty Tree' - how provocative!

I wonder how many 'Progressives' even understand what his sign means?
    I was laughing quite hard when I saw that. The stupid things the reporters were saying do indeed make you wonder if they have even a slight clue what it means. If they did, I bet they wouldn't have shown it.

However you want to look at it, this seems to be some awesome OCer recruiting material. :celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I've met the guy who was OCing and I'm pretty sure he's a Free State Project member (http://freestateproject.org/). The police didn't remove him; he was there all day in the same spot. The Portsmouth PD said he was within his rights and left him alone.

In addition to him open carrying, there were plenty more concealing.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Aww, someone booed my perfectly good comment :?

Post imported post

D94R wrote:
    I agree, but I also thought that the on-site guy was trying to do his best and cover the actual story. Seemed like he just tried to glaze over it but the in-studio guy was pestering him about it.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:

They mentioned a couple of times that the gun was registered to him. I didn't know NH had gun registration. Is that true?
    No, New Hampshire doesn't even have a system to register guns. The reporters were just clueless is all.

Post imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
    ScottyT wrote:

No, New Hampshire doesn't even have a system to register guns. The reporters were just clueless is all.
    That's what I figured, thanks for confirming.

Wouldn't be surprised if a cop actually told the field reporter it was registered so it sounded more legit...

Post imported post

D94R wrote:
    Apparently, there's a lot of "ignorance and idiocy" going around. This is from the 'Crooks and Liars' blog:

[SNIP]
    NBC caught a man outside the NH town hall with a gun strapped to his leg. It appears to be legal as long as it's not concealed in Portsmouth. And get this. He's on private property and if the owner of the property consents then he can carry the cannon on his leg. What's weird about that is the private property is a church. A man of GOD thinks it's swell to let this man carry a loaded weapon on church grounds. What would Jesus think?
    Carlos: You're saying a guy has a gun in the open and we already know there are concerns about every president 's safety, but certainly this president...and the guy's just being allowed to stay there, is that right?
    Allen: The Chief of Police, I just asked him because I was amazed too, but apparently the law allows this man to be here as long as the gun is not concealed, it is registered to him apparently and he's on private property on a church ground...
    Do you think anybody would be allowed to be near President Bush who had a huge gun strapped on his leg? I doubt that, but this is the country the right wing wants us to live in. And if Sen. John Thune had his way, it wouldn't matter what NH law said if the state that this man came from did let you walk around with a gun. Unbelievable.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

This guy is going to be on Hardball with Chris Matthews TONIGHT (which means he's already been on or will be on soon).

Tune in now.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

That guy has some BIG ones. The sign was perfect and I'm glad to hear he was left alone.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

Repeater wrote:
    D94R wrote:
    Apparently, there's a lot of "ignorance and idiocy" going around. This is from the 'Crooks and Liars' blog:

[SNIP]
    NBC caught a man outside the NH town hall with a gun strapped to his leg. It appears to be legal as long as it's not concealed in Portsmouth. And get this. He's on private property and if the owner of the property consents then he can carry the cannon on his leg. What's weird about that is the private property is a church. A man of GOD thinks it's swell to let this man carry a loaded weapon on church grounds. What would Jesus think?
    Carlos: You're saying a guy has a gun in the open and we already know there are concerns about every president 's safety, but certainly this president...and the guy's just being allowed to stay there, is that right?
    Allen: The Chief of Police, I just asked him because I was amazed too, but apparently the law allows this man to be here as long as the gun is not concealed, it is registered to him apparently and he's on private property on a church ground...
    Do you think anybody would be allowed to be near President Bush who had a huge gun strapped on his leg? I doubt that, but this is the country the right wing wants us to live in. And if Sen. John Thune had his way, it wouldn't matter what NH law said if the state that this man came from did let you walk around with a gun. Unbelievable.
    I took the time to read through some of the post on the site. Hard to believe some of these people. All seemed to be convinced the guy is a "republican rightwing nut".Sad really.

Post imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
    This guy is going to be on Hardball with Chris Matthews TONIGHT (which means he's already been on or will be on soon).

Tune in now.
    Was he already on?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Was he in the presence of POTUS, or was he removed?

Post imported post

he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking. He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds. This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.

Banned

Post imported post

MSNBC: OMG, someone is exercising the fundamental human right of self-defense! We must have more illegal infringement on the 2A immediately!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4

Matthews uses 1st amendment to attack the 2nd.

Post imported post

Another URL for the MSNBC report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxI3npnmny0

This is what I said when I posted it on Facebook:

ZOMG! Gunz! You mean that's legal? WHY WON'T SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

What total morons these MSNBC commentators are. And worse, even having been told it's legal, they insist Will be carted off anyway.

They don't seem to wonder how many *concealed* guns are in the crowd (hundreds, I'll bet).

BTW, "private property" doesn't matter. In NH, he could legally carry on the sidewalk, to the school, and even IN the school.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4

Matthews uses 1st amendment to attack the 2nd.
    My response would be a bit different - on "did you bring a gun":
    Perhaps you weren't paying attention Mr Matthews. I *did* attend an event, armed with a loaded firearm. People around me disagreed with my opinion, and I disagreed with theirs, and NO blood was spilled on the street. My sidearm never left its holster, and the fears and claims of danger were found, repeatedly, to be unfounded.

on "do you know the history of guns":
    Yeah, I do, last I checked the assassinations of US Presidents throughout history has been done by cowardly men acting in concealment and in close quarters, the lone exception being Kennedy, who was shot with another hidden gun. If I had any intent to harm the President, why would I broadcast the presence of my gun? You're making an illogical leap borne on your own fears and irrationality!

on "what do you think about this country, etc":
    I think we lost sight of what role the federal government is designed to play in this country. In Article 1 of the Constitution, combined with Amendments 9 and 10, it's clearly outlined that Congress shall pass no laws that deal with those things explicitly given to them to govern, nor prevented from the States' governance. Between abuse of "necessary and proper" in relation to the Commerce Clause, and a public that doesn't pay enough attention to care, that limitation has eroded to be practically meaningless

on "What about the 16th Amendment and income taxation":
    It was passed by the Amendment process, following the law of this country's constitution. While I disagree with other aspects of how that money is used, it is legal by definition.

Of course, knowing how the editing/mics work, I'd be given about three words before the talking head starts ranting his point again.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast