• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

Lionheart

imported post

An ignorant poster wrote:
So anybody know if it's true that all of the presidential assassinations have been by democrats? ... Heard Ann Coulter bring that up once.

John Wilkes Booth belonged to the Know Nothing Party.

[insert joke about Ann Coulter]

chiefjason

imported post

Lionheart wrote:
So anybody know if it's true that all of the presidential assassinations have been by democrats? ... Heard Ann Coulter bring that up once.

So can we still safely say that no right wing extremist republican has assassinated a President? My point is, that seems to be what Chris Matthews was getting at and I think his facts are wrong. Most of the folks that did or tried it seemed to have a a very personal problem and it was for a singular issue, and it was not about guns. The gun was the tool, not the issue.

Not trying to defend Ann. I try to research most of what I hear from the far right or left. Try to do my own spin control. I have not been able to find anything on that without doing more work than I want to. Ignorant huh? Did you notice that was in the form of a question and not a statement?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Lionheart wrote:

The No Nothings existed in the 1850's. Wilkes was 17 in 1855... the war began in '61. Doubtful that that party was active or even in existance in 1865. Not that it would have mattered... Booth was a Rebel.

david.ross

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking. He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds. This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.
I will say however the Federal Gun-Free School Zones Act DOES NOT PROHIBIT PEOPLE FROM CARRYING IN A SCHOOL ZONE! Merely carrying does not affect interstate commerce. If you disagree, then you disagree with the opinion of SCOTUS gave in the case United States v. Lopez.

Also, I'm not sure about NH laws regarding carry on school grounds. If he has a firearm permit and the state law doesn't make such carry unlawful, then he may open or conceal carry his firearm on school property.

Thinking about it. You may need to educate yourself with the constitution. Many people have misconceptions about the Federal government. The Federal government is given a limited amounts of rights, they can not just say "This is the way it is."

Milbars

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
hsmith wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4

Matthews uses 1st amendment to attack the 2nd.

on "What about the 16th Amendment and income taxation":
It was passed by the Amendment process, following the law of this country's constitution. While I disagree with other aspects of how that money is used, it is legal by definition.

Of course, knowing how the editing/mics work, I'd be given about three words before the talking head starts ranting his point again.
Seems to me this last bit was Mr. Matthews attempting to link this gentlemen to some of the people (in NH if I remember right) who boarded themselves up in their house and getting into a police stand-off. Their beef was that taxes were illegal and they weren't paying them anymore. Maybe Mr. Matthews was trying to get him to admit he had the same ideal thereby linking him to "gun-carrying crazies"?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking. He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds. This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.
Not true if he has a CHP (aka CCW). He can walk right next to the school if he wishes based upon state law. Read U.S. Code 18,922.

6L6GC

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Thinking about it. You may need to educate yourself with the constitution. Many people have misconceptions about the Federal government. The Federal government is given a limited amounts of rights, they can not just say "This is the way it is."

just a note to point out that governments have powers, not rights. Individuals have rights, governments have powers.

builtjeep

imported post

Lionheart wrote:
"It is time to water the tree of liberty"

is obviously a reference to

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A man carrying a sign calling for the blood of tyrants, and a loaded gun, shows up at a presidential speech. A pundit asks him what he's advocating and he is evasive. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think he's done our cause any favors.
I don't think he was evasive, he DID make a point to state the quote in full. I also think it's high time that this is made clear to our government officials.

WE elect them to REPRESENT us, then, once they get to washington, they patently ignore the wishes of their constituents because they know what's good for us better than we do?

I think the combination of open carry with his sign is the perfect statement, "Nemo me impune lacessit", if they want to push, we WILL push back, and if the ballot box no longer works, the bullet box is all you are left with.

Now I'm sure that will get me added to at least a couple MORE lists, I'm not saying it's time to respond with violence, yet. But the fact is that our government and the media are continuing to not only ignore and dismiss the voices of the people, they are making a concerted effort to paint any who stand up for freedom and liberty as wacko's, racists, and terrorists. Every time they do it, they stir up more anger and resentment. So how many times do they get to kick the beehive before we stand up and show them that these insignificant little bugs that they see us as pack one helluva punch?

Lionheart

imported post

I think the combination of open carry with his sign is the perfect statement, "Nemo me impune lacessit", if they want to push, we WILL push back, and if the ballot box no longer works, the bullet box is all you are left with.

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

builtjeep

imported post

Lionheart wrote:

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
The ballot box will be tested in 2010, if it's not too late by then. As for the jury box, how exactly would that work?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

builtjeep wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

The ballot box will be tested in 2010, if it's not too late by then. As for the jury box, how exactly would that work?

Jury nullification, or grand jury indictment for treason?

Statesman

imported post

Someone should let the reporter know that police and SS were there too, and ........ wait for it ......... they had "guns". :what:

Isn't that shocking?

Vegassteve

imported post

Add Fox radio host Tom Sullivan to the list of folks to blackball. On his show today he out and out called the OC a wingnut and a crackpot. He had no love for him at all and sided with softball matthews.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Did anyone else notice something about this fellow when they were filming him on the street? Did you see the little earpiece wire hanging from behind his right ear and running down inside his shirt? It was one of those coiled wires like the SS wear.

I know, I know, maybe he was listening to his iPod or what ever, but...... what if this guy was a plant?

Vegassteve

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about this fellow when they were filming him on the street? Did you see the little earpiece wire hanging from behind his right ear and running down inside his shirt? It was one of those coiled wires like the SS wear.

I know, I know, maybe he was listening to his iPod or what ever, but...... what if this guy was a plant?

Yep I see that now. First let me state that I am a audio engineer. I work for a very large watershow on the strip here in Vegas and I have done alot of TV shoots as well. I 'think' that a news source may have wired him up for a interview. So he could here talkback from the station. Thats only a guess but it fits what I have done many times before myself. They do say they talked to him. So they may have kept him wired up for future interviews.