• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

KBCraig

imported post

The detective told him that if he didn't leave, he would be arrested for criminal trespass.

Whether the charge would stick, is immaterial. At that exact moment, he had a choice to make, and the church looked like a good option.

david.ross

imported post

KBCraig, give me a break. The guy isn't a detective, he is a sergeant. A detective would be the next rank higher.

nhportsmouthincidentwit.jpg

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
The detective told him that if he didn't leave, he would be arrested for criminal trespass.

Whether the charge would stick, is immaterial. At that exact moment, he had a choice to make, and the church looked like a good option.
So, that explains it. Thanks for the information.

KBCraig

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
KBCraig, give me a break. The guy isn't a detective, he is a sergeant. A detective would be the next rank higher.

nhportsmouthincidentwit.jpg
He identified himself as a detective lieutenant.

Take it up with him.

david.ross

imported post

KB,

He might have done it since his superiors told him to do so? If so, he should be have no liability, his superiors would be at fault. I'd have thought one would not act without verifying the law, but you know there are all types of people out there.

Phssthpok

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
KB,

He might have done it since his superiors told him to do so? If so, he should be have no liability, his superiors would be at fault. I'd have thought one would not act without verifying the law, but you know there are all types of people out there.

**COUGH**
Nuremberg
**Cough**

"I was only following orders" don't cut it.:X

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
KB,

**COUGH**
Nuremberg
**Cough**

"I was only following orders" don't cut it.:X

Morally, no. Legally, you look at the case of Ruby Ridge, and premeditated murderers appear to be immune from prosecution. Brass pass unlimited.

ne1

imported post

Heard Ann Coulter bring that up once.

Last night I heard Ann tell Giraldo Rivera that only one person is allowed to carry when she is speaking- her bodyguard. She certainly is not a Ron Paul.

ne1

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
ne1 wrote:

Got a link to that one? I can't seem to find it...
It was on FoxNews and I didn't record it. Surely someone out there knows where to find it.

buster81

imported post

ne1 wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
ne1 wrote:

It was on FoxNews and I didn't record it. Surely someone out there knows where to find it.
I heard it as well, but didn't record. Geraldo was on a rant about people carrying guns around the president, and Ann was trying to correct him. Geraldo blew her off and said if it's not against the law, it should be. I say the same thing about him talking.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

buster81 wrote:
ne1 wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
ne1 wrote:

I heard it as well, but didn't record. Geraldo was on a rant about people carrying guns around the president, and Ann was trying to correct him. Geraldo blew her off and said if it's not against the law, it should be. I say the same thing about him talking.
Giraldo 'talking' is what got him kicked out of the Desert Storm pool of imbedded reporters. He talks too much.

KBCraig

imported post

I won't ascribe cause & effect, but I will point out the correlation: Fox News turned to absolute crap at the same time they hired Geraldo.

Before that, they were a good news organization with a separate, but open and visible, pundit section. Now, they're mostly an opinion journal, with a small amount of news.