• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

KBCraig

imported post

Another URL for the MSNBC report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxI3npnmny0

This is what I said when I posted it on Facebook:

ZOMG! Gunz! You mean that's legal? WHY WON'T SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

What total morons these MSNBC commentators are. And worse, even having been told it's legal, they insist Will be carted off anyway.

They don't seem to wonder how many *concealed* guns are in the crowd (hundreds, I'll bet).

BTW, "private property" doesn't matter. In NH, he could legally carry on the sidewalk, to the school, and even IN the school.

Tawnos

imported post

hsmith wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUmCj4yud4

Matthews uses 1st amendment to attack the 2nd.
My response would be a bit different - on "did you bring a gun":
Perhaps you weren't paying attention Mr Matthews. I *did* attend an event, armed with a loaded firearm. People around me disagreed with my opinion, and I disagreed with theirs, and NO blood was spilled on the street. My sidearm never left its holster, and the fears and claims of danger were found, repeatedly, to be unfounded.

on "do you know the history of guns":
Yeah, I do, last I checked the assassinations of US Presidents throughout history has been done by cowardly men acting in concealment and in close quarters, the lone exception being Kennedy, who was shot with another hidden gun. If I had any intent to harm the President, why would I broadcast the presence of my gun? You're making an illogical leap borne on your own fears and irrationality!

on "what do you think about this country, etc":
I think we lost sight of what role the federal government is designed to play in this country. In Article 1 of the Constitution, combined with Amendments 9 and 10, it's clearly outlined that Congress shall pass no laws that deal with those things explicitly given to them to govern, nor prevented from the States' governance. Between abuse of "necessary and proper" in relation to the Commerce Clause, and a public that doesn't pay enough attention to care, that limitation has eroded to be practically meaningless

on "What about the 16th Amendment and income taxation":
It was passed by the Amendment process, following the law of this country's constitution. While I disagree with other aspects of how that money is used, it is legal by definition.

Of course, knowing how the editing/mics work, I'd be given about three words before the talking head starts ranting his point again.

hsmith

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
hsmith wrote:

Matthews uses 1st amendment to attack the 2nd.
My response would be a bit different - on "did you bring a gun":
Perhaps you weren't paying attention Mr Matthews. I *did* attend an event, armed with a loaded firearm. People around me disagreed with my opinion, and I disagreed with theirs, and NO blood was spilled on the street. My sidearm never left its holster, and the fears and claims of danger were found, repeatedly, to be unfounded.

on "do you know the history of guns":
Yeah, I do, last I checked the assassinations of US Presidents throughout history has been done by cowardly men acting in concealment and in close quarters, the lone exception being Kennedy, who was shot with another hidden gun. If I had any intent to harm the President, why would I broadcast the presence of my gun? You're making an illogical leap borne on your own fears and irrationality!

on "what do you think about this country, etc":
I think we lost sight of what role the federal government is designed to play in this country. In Article 1 of the Constitution, combined with Amendments 9 and 10, it's clearly outlined that Congress shall pass no laws that deal with those things explicitly given to them to govern, nor prevented from the States' governance. Between abuse of "necessary and proper" in relation to the Commerce Clause, and a public that doesn't pay enough attention to care, that limitation has eroded to be practically meaningless

on "What about the 16th Amendment and income taxation":
It was passed by the Amendment process, following the law of this country's constitution. While I disagree with other aspects of how that money is used, it is legal by definition.

Of course, knowing how the editing/mics work, I'd be given about three words before the talking head starts ranting his point again.
He did very well for being screamed at - he could have said some things different, but overall I'd give him a solid A.

Good exposure for firearm owners.

I may have had a different sign though.

Lionheart

imported post

"It is time to water the tree of liberty"

is obviously a reference to

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A man carrying a sign calling for the blood of tyrants, and a loaded gun, shows up at a presidential speech. A pundit asks him what he's advocating and he is evasive. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think he's done our cause any favors.

Huck

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
MSNBC: OMG, someone is exercising the fundamental human right of self-defense! We must have more illegal infringement on the 2A immediately!

How about the bit about how people seeing this guyon TV (like anyone watches MSNBC anyway) could give people the idea that they can open carry too. Like "The horror! People might actually believe that they can exercise their rights!"

Only people who're up to no good fear armed citizens.

PavePusher

imported post

To give scant due credit to Chris Matthews, he has been the only one I've seen recently (For the record, I haven't seen much TV lately) to at least have the courage or outrage to interveiw (rant at) someone who opposes his preferences. After that though, he still wears his rectum as a chapeau.

p2a1x7

imported post

Did you know that every person that has been carrying a firearm near a president has tried to assassinate the president until today? Chris Matthews just taught me some history.

zack991

imported post

The :D:D:D:D that will be on my face when reality hits them in the face will be priceless. Either them being fired because of the ratings falling like a rock, or when the economy collapses they become a Vitim of their own hate.

Lionheart

imported post

Did you know that every person that has been carrying a firearm near a president has tried to assassinate the president until today? Chris Matthews just taught me some history.

Chris Matthews often says stupid things, but he didn't say that. You're exaggerating this exchange:

"Given the violent history of this country with regard to presidents, and assassinations, why'd you bring a gun to an event with the President?"
"... Well, Chris--"
(interrupting to badger some more) "You know the history of this country. If you love this country, you know its history. You know about a problem with people with guns at presidential events. Why'd you bring a gun to an event with the President?"

VonKonig

imported post

William Kostric!

If you are a member or have been directed to this site and are reading this, I just want to say Thank YOU for your courage to not only attend a public Healthcare rally openly carrying your firearm while displaying a "Liberty Tree" sign, but for agreeing to discuss it on Hardball!

My hat is off to you personally, and we all here at OCDO owe you a debt of gratitude for putting the Second Ammendment and open carry on the National Stage in the manner in which you did -- peacefully, thoughtfully, and without apology.

Truly inspiring!

Armed

imported post

Just saw a piece on msnbc... a gun owner has been arrested. The mug shot they showed was NOT the same guy in the video posted here. They said he was arrested (or maybe detained) in the high school for carrying a pocket knife. When they checked his vehicle in the parking lot, he had a loaded gun. He was arrested as a result. Sorry - don't have the ability to rip video off the tv. Looking for a news link to the story....

KBCraig

imported post

Armed wrote:
Just saw a piece on msnbc... a gun owner has been arrested. The mug shot they showed was NOT the same guy in the video posted here. They said he was arrested (or maybe detained) in the high school for carrying a pocket knife. When they checked his vehicle in the parking lot, he had a loaded gun. He was arrested as a result. Sorry - don't have the ability to rip video off the tv. Looking for a news link to the story....

Here you go. A loaded handgun in a vehicle requires a license in NH, thus the charge.

http://www.wmur.com/news/20356764/detail.html

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. -- A Hampton, N.H., man was charged with trespassing after he allegedly tried to get into Portsmouth High School before President Barack Obama spoke at a health care town hall meeting Tuesday, police said.

Richard Young, 62, was detained by Secret Service personnel after he attempted to get into the high school, police said. The high school had been secured at the time in advance of the president's visit.

Police said he was also in possession of a folding pocketknife, and officers found a loaded handgun in his car, which was parked in on school property. Young was then charged misdemeanor carrying a loaded pistol without a license.

Police said he could face more serious federal charges.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

These news weenies haven't got the first clue... That commentary was hilariously (yet sadly) ignorant. Registered? What? In New Hampster? So, the tac-thigh holster was bit much... but it got their attention.

"Lawyers... emergency injunction"? Say what? Where's that MSNBC 'anchor' broadcasting from? How really ignorant of the Constitution are these people?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
These news weenies haven't got the first clue... That commentary was hilariously (yet sadly) ignorant.  Registered?  What? In  New Hampster? So, the tac-thigh holster was bit much... but it got their attention.

"Lawyers... emergency injunction"? Say what? Where's that MSNBC 'anchor' broadcasting from? How really ignorant of the Constitution are these people?

Ignorance is an act. They know exactly what the Constitution says, and their life's work is to help the government infringe upon it, with the ultimate goal of having a disarmed populace for criminals and the government to genocide.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Just showed him and his pistol. Explained it was legal. Said the SS and cops had eyes on him all day.

I am getting video of it now.
When I attended the GRPC, a couple years ago, Ron Paul spoke to a room in Kentucky filled with people wearing sidearms.

He didn't seem scared, and he received deafening applause.

Guns must not equal hate, Chris Matthews.

chiefjason

imported post

I think he did a pretty good job of not letting Chris twist him up too bad. He was trying hard for sure. The guy has some nerve. Good for him! So anybody know if it's true that all of the presidential assassinations have been by democrats? Wonder how Chris would have come back to that one. Heard Ann Coulter bring that up once.