• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier on MSNBC at Obama Rally!!!

Thndr

imported post

Note he is also wearing it during the interview with Chris. Not sure what it is, but I feel he handled himself well during the interview.

As far as how this effects the gun rights/ rights in general movement we will see.

M

McX

imported post

A VERY interesting thread. The video was shameful though; since when does the media dictate our rights, since when does the media dictate what action should be taken against- and it's for damn sure against- the OC'er present? Everyone should be more concerned about the weapon that may be NOT seen, or concealed at an event like this! Evil media hype, spreading fear once again. Fair and factual reporting, without stating personal views?!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about this fellow when they were filming him on the street? Did you see the little earpiece wire hanging from behind his right ear and running down inside his shirt? It was one of those coiled wires like the SS wear.

I know, I know, maybe he was listening to his iPod or what ever, but...... what if this guy was a plant?

Yep I see that now. First let me state that I am a audio engineer. I work for a very large watershow on the strip here in Vegas and I have done alot of TV shoots as well. I 'think' that a news source may have wired him up for a interview. So he could here talkback from the station. Thats only a guess but it fits what I have done many times before myself. They do say they talked to him. So they may have kept him wired up for future interviews.
Wired up for TV interview is a possibility for sure. I still wonder if he wasn't just a plant though, to devert the medias attention from the other protesters and their "signs". I mean they spent the whole segment talking about the WMG and said nothing about the rest. Didn't even pan the other protesters there with the camera. The Dems have beenusing that tactic allot lately and especially Obama.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Gentlemen, please excuse my ignorance with this, but I have been wanting to ask a question along the lines of this thread.

I have heard that a sheriff's authority exceeds that of county and state police and even that of federal LEO agents. Now if this is true, and please do correct me with any and all of this if needed, here's my scenario.

Suppose we have our OC'er here at an Obama gathering. Now of course the SS is going to do a thorough check of the area prior to POTUS's passing or visit. But suppose a sheriff sees some SS aggressively handling our non-resisting OC'er and steps up to tell them to take their hands off of him. The refuse and he arrests the SS men. Is this something that could take place and does a sheriff have such authority?

I know, stupid scenario, but hey... stuff happens, so I was just curious.

ODA 226

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Is this something that could take place and does a sheriff have such authority?
Yes he does and I think that more Constitutional Officers should start using their authority to curb the clearly un-constitutional actions of Federal authorities.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Is this something that could take place and does a sheriff have such authority?

Yes he does and I think that more Constitutional Officers should start using their authority to curb the clearly un-constitutional actions of Federal authorities.

It's been decades of sheriffs violating their oaths to uphold the Constitution, why would they stop now? :banghead:

KBCraig

imported post

Here is the entirety of Will's interaction with the police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZVacfe3BDY

Right after this, the Portsmouth Chief of Police called this lieutenant and told him the priest of the Greek Orthodox church right across the street would welcome Will on church property. Will accepted, and moved all of 30 feet from where he had been standing, from school property to church property.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Did anyone else notice something about this fellow when they were filming him on the street? Did you see the little earpiece wire hanging from behind his right ear and running down inside his shirt? It was one of those coiled wires like the SS wear.

I know, I know, maybe he was listening to his iPod or what ever, but...... what if this guy was a plant?
He was communicating with about six other people at the rally with radio. We're organized here in New Hampshire :cool:.

And while we're at it...
Who needs a gun at a political rally?

(Yes, the guy at 0:31 on the right is William Kostrick. His gun made the rally safer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxjahek0f8

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

He was communicating with about six other people at the rally with radio.  We're organized here in New Hampshire :cool:.

Ham radio or other?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

He was communicating with about six other people at the rally with radio. We're organized here in New Hampshire :cool:.

And while we're at it...

(Yes, the guy at 0:31 on the right is William Kostrick. His gun made the rally safer.)

Thanks for clearing that up for me LiveFree.

Amazing, the thug actually showed up with a "Brown Shirt"!

Lank

imported post

Wow! I'm amazed at how well the interview on hardball went. Kostric did a fantastic job.

His protest sign may have been pushing things a bit and was probably in poor taste.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Ham radio or other?
I don't actually know. They looked like the walkie-talkies that police carry.

He was interviewed on Alex Jones and was asked about it (see below). AJ said that Gary Frenchi and other patriots vouched for William (and fwiw, I do too).

Here's an interview of William on Free Talk Live (starts about 30 minutes in I think).

http://media.libsyn.com/media/ftl/FTL2009-08-12.mp3

Here's the Alex Jones interview (they talk about the idea of him being a "plant")

http://api.ning.com/files/DKyQrirI*cnmeZNQYNo-6-CD90HaPvO1ljpIHueH9QS1GuXpkMsivxpg9ezUKFFZuUefgHvT*P*4BoLrQlrZ*GgCNHzs2U07/WilliamKostricAlexJones081209.mp3

david.ross

imported post

You can find these clear coil earpieces for any radio you want.

Generally law enforcement will use Motorola. Motorola radios are well known to have the antenna attached to external microphones usually clipped towards the top of a shirt.

My Yaesu people assume is sometimes a scanner and I must inform them the item is an amateur radio. Amateur radios can receive on a wide band of frequencies. An amateur radio can be used to listen to public service frequencies if there is no encryption used. If the radio is "modded" then you can even transmit on the public service frequencies even though the act of transmitting, not receiving/possessing using a modded radio, on such frequencies is unlawful.

Below is a photo of a clear coil earpiece for a Yaesu VX series like my VX-7R.
001.jpg

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking.  He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds.  This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.

Actually, he was on school grounds earlier and was asked to leave. He stated to the officer that he has a NH permit to carry concealed and is therefore exempt under federal law (he is correct). The officer still requires him to leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZVacfe3BDY

CoonDog

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds.
No, you have this wrong. The federal law allows for the exception of individuals licensed to carry by the state in which the school is located. The man has such a permit to carry not only within the 1000 foot radius but to also carry on school grounds as well.

Huck

imported post

p2a1x7 wrote:
Did you know that every person that has been carrying a firearm near a president has tried to assassinate the president until today? Chris Matthews just taught me some history.

Well then according to Chris Matthewsthere must be daily assassinationattempts since the POTUS is surrounded byfirearm packingSecret Service personnel 24/7. :shock:

I wonder why we never hear about those daily attempts? Maybe Chris Matthews can enlighten us sometime. (sarcasm off)

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

And while we're at it...

Yes.

Even when what appeared to be hired thugs, certainly pro Obamacare thugs, confronted him, he stood his ground and he didn't do anything foolish with his gun.

http://www.youtube.com/v/sUxjahek0f8

These guys were spitting in faces and making threats, possibly even kicking though that part is not shown on the video. And they were mighty big.

The way the cops ignored them, and the way they nonchalantly strolled away past the cops says 2 things to me. 1) These guys had done this before. 2) The cops behaved strangely.

ETA - the thugs really remind me of Ex cops. The haircuts especially. They are not your typical left side of the street protesters.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

gutshot wrote:
JDriver1.8t wrote:
he would never be in the presence of the POTUS.

He was at a church, near the school where the POTUS was speaking.  He is not allowed under federal law (iirc) to go within 1000' of the school grounds.  This was never really an issue, but the news made it one.

He was on the school grounds. The police made him move to the church grounds, only about 30'.

My question is "Why"? He ostensibly had a permit issued by New Hampshire which would have exempted him under federal law. Was he violating New Hamphire law? He would have been ok here in Michigan.