• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys Meet and Greet = GREAT. :)

69Charger

imported post

We have our own designed Hat, holster with Logo and membership cards over in the 1911 forum in the Dan Wesson forum. We are the COTEP group. I think a OC logo would be great. I'm in. Can't wait to see it. :)

5-18-10024-1.jpg

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

It was nice to see you all there. Many of you I have met before. Aside from my daughter drinking 4 hot chocolates, served by the server, it was great LOL...drive home was wonderful!

Hope we all get a meet together again soon. I am horrible with names but it was nice chatting with a couple of the guys sitting across from me--I am really bad at names.

Batousaii

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
<snip> --I am really bad at names.

lol- Ya me too. That was one reason i liked Massivedesign's name tags. We should hook something up to get a batch going. The logo idea is cool too. lemme knowif there is somethingi can do to help.

;)Bat.

69Charger

imported post

Hay Bat. I PMed the man about a name tag and he is making me one and it will be in the mail today. Way cool. Give him a PM.
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

Nice to see such a big crowd turned out Dave. Also good to see a pic of alot of you. got to show my wife the group I spend so much time typing at and reading all the great post. She looked and the pic with the flag and asked "you think that flag is touching the ground"? I'm impressed with her noticing that, She has always been very religeous and not very involved in politics. Since I've been on here, I wind up discussing things that we talk about here and she has been taking more of an interest in our countries happenings. She is starting to see why there is a reason to get involved, and why I carry. Just thought I'd share, She's comming around and seeing that although prayer does wonders, it wont keep you from being raped, robbed, stabbed, shot, or beaten. Looks like this site raises more than 2A awareness. Keep on, Keepin on.

69Charger

imported post

Reassure your wife that the flag does NOT touch the ground. I built it to stay off the ground.

Olympia012.jpg

amzbrady

imported post

69Charger wrote:
Reassure your wife that the flag does NOT touch the ground. I built it to stay off the ground.
Good job. I just thought it was a good moment for her. Normally she would have pointed out something about clothes, or resturaunt decorations, ablivious to the activity. She noticed the American Flag... She's comming around. I think Reality is finally kicking in.

Ruby

imported post

IDEROS72 wrote:
By the way after the camp out I will be announcining the date for our Willow lake BB=q.Grand prize this year will be a new handgun. I haven't decided which one ,it will be a surprise.I will try to get the media out for that as well since they know me now..
If the media will be at the BBQ I will not be attending. While I agree in spirit with this forum, I cannot risk my income to OC. I have my own business, my customers watch the news I am sure, and I cannot afford the exposure; I would be out of business very quickly if my customers saw me at this kind of event. You might want to check with other members of the forum before you contact the media, other people may be in a sensitive position as well. Or not. I understand the reasoning behind wanting the media there and if most other people are for it, great. I wish we lived in a society where there was no reprisal for doing something that's legal. But we have to live in the world as it is, not as we wish it were. In any event, I hope those who attend have a great time.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
someone on this forum has a significant other, (you wont believe this)..
she was kicked out of her " knitting club " cause they found out that she was a 2nd amendment supporter!

From uncyclopedia.wikia.com

“Knitting needles don't kill people, old ladies do!”
~ Oscar Wilde on Knitting
Knitting needles as weapons
There are numerous instances in history when knitting needles have been used in assault or self-defense. Notable incidents include:

In 1994, a would-be rape victim in New York City defended herself with a knitting needle. Details of its use were not released to the press.

Knitting needles are not permitted on major airlines because of their potential to be used as a weapon. Also, there is a security concern that passengers may knit an Afghan.

Elvis Death Theory #249 claims that he was murdered with a knitting needle in a Burger King after an altercation of unknown cause.

Ninja always carry bamboo DPNs with them. Those who have found out how they use them as weapons died shortly afterwards.

None of the above information has been totally confirmed by CPaA Group and until it is, it is thus considered just heresay.

j2l3

imported post

She's back in her knitting club, it was short lived lunacy. She works for me, that's how I know.

In the past, the media has come for about 10 minutes and leaves. They conduct an interview or two with people who are willing, and it was easy to avoid the cameras if necessary.

We can definitely shield you from the media cameras if you like. It would be a shame to not attend for that reason.

Ruby

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
She's back in her knitting club, it was short lived lunacy. She works for me, that's how I know.

In the past, the media has come for about 10 minutes and leaves. They conduct an interview or two with people who are willing, and it was easy to avoid the cameras if necessary.

We can definitely shield you from the media cameras if you like. It would be a shame to not attend for that reason.
If I can avoid the cameras, I would love to come. I was looking forward to it and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to go because of the media. I wish I didn't have to hide. I have my own house cleaning business and have had for 11 years. My business is down due to the economy, just like a lot of other folks. I cannot afford to lose any customers. In the past 12 months I have lost 2, just for discussing guns (in a sensible, reasonable manner, I might add.). So I am "gun shy" for a very good reason. I CC almost 100% of the time. A few customers know I do and they are fine with it, most do not know and I need to keep it that way. So yes, I will attend and stay out of camera range. Thanks for the info and support.

j2l3

imported post

Ruby, everyone has various issues they need to deal with. I understand and believe most here do too, though I can't speak for them.

You will enjoy hte get together at Willow Lake when it's planned. No worries.

Ruby

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Ruby, everyone has various issues they need to deal with. I understand and believe most here do too, though I can't speak for them.

You will enjoy hte get together at Willow Lake when it's planned. No worries.
You are right, I know everyone has issues to deal with. However, I just joined this forum this month and have only OCed twice, both times at meet and greets. I don't mean to make a big deal of this, but this is a new issue for me to handle and I am not familiar with how other people handle it. I thank you very much for the info and reassurance!

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Ruby, the Willow Lake meet will be at my apartment complex, so while you're avoiding the media you can clean my apartment.

I mean, SOMEBODY needs to!:lol:

Seriously, we'd love to have you there. We'll keep you away from the media f you like. Please don't let that stop you from coming to see us.

amzbrady

imported post

My wife and I tripped down memory lane Sunday just on a whim to see our son. We stopped by to look at the place, hasnt changed much, speed bumps will still stuff your shocks through you shock towers. We used to live in apt O-2. Pac hwy sure has built up though.

Ruby

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Ruby, the Willow Lake meet will be at my apartment complex, so while you're avoiding the media you can clean my apartment.

I mean, SOMEBODY needs to!:lol:

Seriously, we'd love to have you there. We'll keep you away from the media f you like. Please don't let that stop you from coming to see us.
Thanks for the info, Bookman. When someone said Willow Lake, I envisioned a park, not an apartment complex. I will be there!