• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys Meet and Greet = GREAT. :)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The only thing what was or is missing is the PRESS, to see and report on honest happy family and friends partaking in a meal and company while exercising their right to bear arms.

Looks like a good outing.

Dave

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Ruby wrote:
Bookman wrote:
Ruby, the Willow Lake meet will be at my apartment complex, so while you're avoiding the media you can clean my apartment.

I mean, SOMEBODY needs to!:lol:

Seriously, we'd love to have you there. We'll keep you away from the media f you like. Please don't let that stop you from coming to see us.
Thanks for the info, Bookman. When someone said Willow Lake, I envisioned a park, not an apartment complex. I will be there!

Cool Beans!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ruby wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
She's back in her knitting club, it was short lived lunacy. She works for me, that's how I know.

In the past, the media has come for about 10 minutes and leaves. They conduct an interview or two with people who are willing, and it was easy to avoid the cameras if necessary.

We can definitely shield you from the media cameras if you like. It would be a shame to not attend for that reason.
If I can avoid the cameras, I would love to come. I was looking forward to it and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to go because of the media. I wish I didn't have to hide. I have my own house cleaning business and have had for 11 years. My business is down due to the economy, just like a lot of other folks. I cannot afford to lose any customers. In the past 12 months I have lost 2, just for discussing guns (in a sensible, reasonable manner, I might add.). So I am "gun shy" for a very good reason. I CC almost 100% of the time. A few customers know I do and they are fine with it, most do not know and I need to keep it that way. So yes, I will attend and stay out of camera range. Thanks for the info and support.
This is exactly why I have chosen to OC, to come out of the closet and to work on changing the perceptions. For decades various groups have promoted CC, don't tell your neighbors, etc.... Basically telling the general population that gun owners are bad, that they should hide, that it is ok to discriminate against them. Personally I am done with that mentality. No one, especially a independent woman, should have to feel ashamed or fear losing business over a Constitutional right. While it may take decades to earn back the respect and normalcy that gun owners deserve, I will be vigilant in the battle.

Ruby

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Ruby wrote:
j2l3 wrote:
She's back in her knitting club, it was short lived lunacy. She works for me, that's how I know.

In the past, the media has come for about 10 minutes and leaves. They conduct an interview or two with people who are willing, and it was easy to avoid the cameras if necessary.

We can definitely shield you from the media cameras if you like. It would be a shame to not attend for that reason.
If I can avoid the cameras, I would love to come. I was looking forward to it and was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to go because of the media. I wish I didn't have to hide. I have my own house cleaning business and have had for 11 years. My business is down due to the economy, just like a lot of other folks. I cannot afford to lose any customers. In the past 12 months I have lost 2, just for discussing guns (in a sensible, reasonable manner, I might add.). So I am "gun shy" for a very good reason. I CC almost 100% of the time. A few customers know I do and they are fine with it, most do not know and I need to keep it that way. So yes, I will attend and stay out of camera range. Thanks for the info and support.
This is exactly why I have chosen to OC, to come out of the closet and to work on changing the perceptions. For decades various groups have promoted CC, don't tell your neighbors, etc.... Basically telling the general population that gun owners are bad, that they should hide, that it is ok to discriminate against them. Personally I am done with that mentality. No one, especially a independent woman, should have to feel ashamed or fear losing business over a Constitutional right. While it may take decades to earn back the respect and normalcy that gun owners deserve, I will be vigilant in the battle.
Thank you gogodawgs for moving OC forward for all of us. I truly wish I could be open about it, but my income is more important. I agree with you in principal, but me losing my income over it wouldn't be helpful to me. It probably will take decades to change people's minds; blame the anti's for that. I truly wish I could be open as an example for other women. But my work is my sole source of income and it would be financial suicide for me to do that. At least I carry; I have taken responsibility for my own safety and that is a big step forward for women in general IMO.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Here is your solution

2553512.jpg

69Charger

imported post

You could put on a sweatshirt and a hat. Like my new hat. :)

5-18-10039.jpg

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Ruby wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Here is your solution

2553512.jpg
Very Funny!!! LOL LOL LOL! But tell me, since you are so inventive, what do you do about the boobs?!? Let's see you be inventive about that!
Are you indicating your boobs could be picked out of a line up :celebrateHoly Hooten Hooters Batman :lol:

amzbrady

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Ruby wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Here is your solution

2553512.jpg
Very Funny!!! LOL LOL LOL! But tell me, since you are so inventive, what do you do about the boobs?!? Let's see you be inventive about that!
Are you indicating your boobs could be picked out of a line up :celebrateHoly Hooten Hooters Batman :lol:
If ya got em, use em...

Ruby

imported post

BigDave wrote:
Ruby wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Here is your solution

2553512.jpg
You guys are hilarious!! I think that kind of OC (or concealment, as the case may be) would be pretty uncomfortable. I am rolling on the floor! Glad to see that people on the forum have a sense of humor.:D

Ruby

imported post

BTW, I just want to say that I enjoyed the meet & greet at Denny's. I have been so busy since then that I forgot my manners! It was good to meet people I hadn't met yet and good to see those of you I know. :D You guys are a great bunch of people; most of the "gun people" I have met are, more so than other groups I have known in the past. That said, I am a bit disappointed to see the logos, T shirts, patches, etc. start to appear. I mean, c'mon guys, do we really need all that frou frou?!? I left all that behind in Girl Scouts. I would hate to see this become some "exclusive club" that would give the general public the wrong impression as to our purpose. I know I am new to the forum, but I have opinions too and am willing to listen to other's opinions as well. I am fine with those who disagree with me. To me, from what I have learned from you guys, OC is about exercising a Constitutional right and letting people know that they have that same right. And to also accustom (excuse spelling)the public to seeing ordinary people carrying guns, going about their daily lives. I don't think it's an ego trip nor should it be. I have gotten the impression that this group and forum wants to be inclusive, not exclusive. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.:lol:

69Charger

imported post

I would like more logos, hats and T shirts. I have no prob with showing I am a part of
a group. Have ya ever seen any 2nd amendment stuff? Colt, AK47, Smith Wesson, Dan Wesson, Glock?ect. Its all good. Bring it on. :)
Dave

Ruby

imported post

69Charger wrote:
I would like more logos, hats and T shirts. I have no prob with showing I am a part of
a group. Have ya ever seen any 2nd amendment stuff? Colt, AK47, Smith Wesson, Dan Wesson, Glock?ect. Its all good. Bring it on. :)
Dave
Dave, I don't need any external "stuff" to know that I have chosen to be part of this forum. The externals are not what it's about for me. Different strokes for different folks. What matters to me is what's between the ears and in the heart, not what my hat or T shirt says. The presence of my gun says everything else that might need to be said.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ruby wrote:
69Charger wrote:
Dave
Dave, I don't need any external "stuff" to know that I have chosen to be part of this forum. The externals are not what it's about for me. Different strokes for different folks. What matters to me is what's between the ears and in the heart, not what my hat or T shirt says. The presence of my gun says everything else that might need to be said.
I second this one, I have plenty of firearm related clothing, but you will seldom see me wear it in the city. I am hoping to put a different image out there for non gun owners and those politically on the fence. I personally choose to not be 'in your face' about my support of the second amendment.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Ruby wrote:
69Charger wrote:
Dave
I second this one, I have plenty of firearm related clothing, but you will seldom see me wear it in the city. I am hoping to put a different image out there for non gun owners and those politically on the fence. I personally choose to not be 'in your face' about my support of the second amendment.
+1

69Charger

imported post

Where your T shirt under your other shirt. Call it Concealed Wearing. Maybe one of these days people will be comfortable Open Wearing. :banghead:
Dave

Like it has been said. To each there own. :)
1 more thing. How is open cayying a gun not in your face about the 2nd amendment?

Ruby

imported post

69Charger wrote:
Where your T shirt under your other shirt. Call it Concealed Wearing. Maybe one of these days people will be comfortable Open Wearing. :banghead:
Dave

Like it has been said. To each there own. :)
1 more thing. How is open cayying a gun not in your face about the 2nd amendment?
Attitude, Dave, attitude. Do YOU think that wearing a gun in public is in someone's face about the second amendment?!? Is that why YOU wear it?!? In most all of the OC stories I have read on here, people were just going about their business not trying to draw any attention to themselves. The idea is to normalize OC, not shove it down people's throats.You seem to want an excessive amount of attention for some reason. If you truly believe your own statement above that carrying a gun openly is being in someone's face about the 2A, then you have admitted that that is why you do it. I am beginning to believe that you are using this forum and the meet and greets to draw attention to yourself instead of helping normalize OC. It's all about Dave. And no, I will not apologize for being blunt. I just don't want this turned into someone's sideshow at a circus and I believe other people don't want that either. I have nothing against you personally, just your methods.