• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys Meet and Greet = GREAT. :)

69Charger

imported post

I am surprised that you are so offended by a T shirt. :shock:
I am not an in your face kind of guy. I am an open guy that puts it all out there for the world to see. Do all the people who bought those guns and coffee T shirts fit into that all about you category. Sorry Ruby, If you are disturbed about such a small thing like this.
We all have our own opinions.
Mine is
I have nothing to hide.
Dave

Ruby

imported post

69Charger wrote:
I am surprised that you are so offended by a T shirt. :shock:
I am not an in your face kind of guy. I am an open guy that puts it all out there for the world to see. Do all the people who bought those guns and coffee T shirts fit into that all about you category. Sorry Ruby, If you are disturbed about such a small thing like this.
We all have our own opinions.
Mine is
I have nothing to hide.
Dave
You still don't get it. It's not about the T shirts, hats, logos, etc. It's about the ATTITUDE behind all that, which you still have not addressed. I will not belabor the point any more; I realize I am wasting my breath and my time.

69Charger

imported post

No prob here. I am secure with myself after 30 years of carrying, years in the Marine Corp, raising 3 boys, married 34 years, never been in jail, well respected by every one that has worked with or deal with me on a daily basis.
We all may have our insecurities, but mine is not one about my 2nd amendment rights or how, where and when I carry my firearm.
Good luck with how you deal with this.
Dave

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The only shirt I thought about wearing would say "Go ahead and Ask Me".

I know there are folks who want to talk about it but dont want to approach me.

Ruby

imported post

69Charger wrote:
No prob here. I am secure with myself after 30 years of carrying, years in the Marine Corp, raising 3 boys, married 34 years, never been in jail, well respected by every one that has worked with or deal with me on a daily basis.
We all may have our insecurities, but mine is not one about my 2nd amendment rights or how, where and when I carry my firearm.
Good luck with how you deal with this.
Dave
Good for you. Some of us, and I am not the only one, judging from the comments when I first joined this forum, have to consider our jobs and income and choose when, where, and how we carry. If you can open carry when and where you want to, I am happy for you; not all of us can. I still have my gun with me concealed. I am not in any doubt as to my 2A rights. But when a person's income depends on other people's opinions, common sense has to prevail. Besides which, all the personal info has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. I'm sure the same could be said about most of the people on the forum, myself included.

69Charger

imported post

No prob Ruby. My point was that My attitude, although a bit cocky, is that I am an open guy. I like my guns, shooting my guns and being with people who enjoy the same. Open or Concealed, doesn't concern me.
Protecting our rights do.
I hope I have not made you see me as some wacko with an in your face complex. This is not me. I'm just real comfortable with my rights. And show it in the way I act and dress. (at least I dont dress in camo. Ha):D
Still friends?
I hope so. :)
Dave

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

69Charger wrote:
Where your T shirt under your other shirt. Call it Concealed Wearing. Maybe one of these days people will be comfortable Open Wearing. :banghead:
Dave

Like it has been said. To each there own. :)
1 more thing. How is open cayying a gun not in your face about the 2nd amendment?

The same way carrying a cell phone is not in your face about the 1st amendment, but a 'Abortion Kills' t-shirt is in your face. Dave, you have seen me, black holster, black gun, conservative dress, etc... Yes others do approach me from time to time, but most people do not, they observe a guy going about his business with no other types of things going on. They observe across the grocery store from a distance of curiosity.

The stereo type that a majority of Americans see in the main stream media about gun owners is camo pants, NRA or other t-shirt, similar hat, white middle-aged male. Well since I am the latter, I choose to undo the former to obliterate the stereo type that those that observe me in public see. I have the guns n coffee t-shirt, I worked in a sporting goods store for years and have plenty of gun related clothing and gear, I have cowboy hats and boots but they all have a time and a place to be worn. I take responsibility for my actions when representing the OC movement and understand the dynamics of how gun owners are portrayed when I walk down Ruston Way or through Best Buy.

69Charger

imported post

I fallow you and understand what you are saying.
There is a time and place for everything.
I only put on the Gun related stuff when it feels appropriate. (to me:))
There is a lot of real tacky stuff out there. That stuff stays on the shelf when I buy.
Keep on doin what you do. You are one who helps the cause.
Thank you. :)
Dave

Ruby

imported post

69Charger wrote:
No prob Ruby. My point was that My attitude, although a bit cocky, is that I am an open guy. I like my guns, shooting my guns and being with people who enjoy the same. Open or Concealed, doesn't concern me.
Protecting our rights do.
I hope I have not made you see me as some wacko with an in your face complex. This is not me. I'm just real comfortable with my rights. And show it in the way I act and dress. (at least I dont dress in camo. Ha):D
Still friends?
I hope so. :)
Dave
Of course we're still friends! If you can't disagree with your friends, who can you disagree with? I just hope that you willl consider that when you open carry, to the general public, you represent ALL gun owners. This is true for all of us. If we ever hope to get anywhere with OC, we need to portray ourselves in a positive light, as ordinary everyday people going about our business. It's going to take some time and a lot of effort on everyone's part to undo the damage that the antis have done. We don't want to confirm the image that they have planted in peoples' minds. I think gogodawgs put it very well. Have a good day, I am off to work.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Ordinary people do all types of ordinary things and wear all types of ordinary clothing. There is nothing out of the ordinary about people OC'ing while going about their ordinary lives in an ordinary way doing and wearing ordinary things like ordinary T-shirts. I know someone who CC's and he is constantly wearing some sort of gun T-shirt. My kids wear a Beretta cap from time to time.

I suppose I should not OC because I have big scary tattoo's :what:

IMG000018.jpg

haveaniceday.jpg

I should not post these images on my Facebook, I might give people the wrong impression?

DSCI0020small.jpg

69Charger

imported post

This is where I like to put on my gun related stuff.
Dave :)

10-24-09010.jpg

Ruby

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Ordinary people do all types of ordinary things and wear all types of ordinary clothing. There is nothing out of the ordinary about people OC'ing while going about their ordinary lives in an ordinary way doing and wearing ordinary things like ordinary T-shirts. I know someone who CC's and he is constantly wearing some sort of gun T-shirt. My kids wear a Beretta cap from time to time.

I suppose I should not OC because I have big scary tattoo's :what:

IMG000018.jpg

haveaniceday.jpg

I should not post these images on my Facebook, I might give people the wrong impression?

DSCI0020small.jpg
Personally, I don't care what you do. Gun T shirts are NOT ordinary or everyone would be wearing them. If you choose to confirm the antis image of gun owners, go right ahead. I would like to see a more positive image of us portrayed. Certainly everyone is entitled to exercise their 1A rights. I'm not judging anyone here. If you can deny that in-your-face T shirts, caps, logos etc. doesn't make people see us in a negative light, that it doesn't turn people off, then you live in a different reality than I do. It seems to me that maybe you and a couple of other people are putting personal gratification above trying to win acceptance for OC.

69Charger

imported post

OK. Who fed Ruby after midnight?
Just kidin ya know. :)
Dave

swatspyder

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Just to let you know, the way you altered that image, still leaves a thumbnail image with your face. For future reference for everyone, if you just place an image over another and save it, most times it will leave behind the original image hidden within the new one.

13583ade5511847b4ed58ba.jpg

Be careful with what you post online. For most of you who know very little about computers, you would be surprised at the amount of forensics data that is recovered from drives. Especially be careful with what you post online. If you do not want it posted on a billboard next to I-5 forever, don't post it online.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Above, I have no issue with showing my face...I just thought a happy face would look frindly for anti-gunners;)

sudden valley gunner wrote:
There is no way you can confuse sylvia for the image the anti's have gun folk. :D

I am definately not the image one see's when they think of a gun-toter, I am sure of that! Unless the image is of a gun-toting lesbian...hoefully someday that will be the image:celebrate

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Above, I have no issue with showing my face...I just thought a happy face would look frindly for anti-gunners;)

sudden valley gunner wrote:
There is no way you can confuse sylvia for the image the anti's have gun folk. :D

I am definately not the image one see's when they think of a gun-toter, I am sure of that! Unless the image is of a gun-toting lesbian...hoefully someday that will be the image:celebrate
Sylvia and Gray offer OC a very diverse group that absolutely stuns the anti gun crowd. Their courage on this issue is well received by me and others I have spoken too about our efforts. Ruby too is in a minority group and as you can see OC is beginning to expand and grow more diverse. Hats off to them as they break down different stereo types then I have to break down.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

It is nice to see Ruby taking part in breaking down sterotypes. CC/OC needs more females that are out there being seen and heard. There is a ot of social pressure for all types of women across all sexual orientations to conform to the vctimization expectation. It would be nice to see more women at the group meet-ups.

amzbrady

imported post

Ruby wrote:
69Charger wrote:
Where your T shirt under your other shirt. Call it Concealed Wearing. Maybe one of these days people will be comfortable Open Wearing. :banghead:
Dave

Like it has been said. To each there own. :)
1 more thing. How is open cayying a gun not in your face about the 2nd amendment?
Attitude, Dave, attitude. Do YOU think that wearing a gun in public is in someone's face about the second amendment?!? Is that why YOU wear it?!? In most all of the OC stories I have read on here, people were just going about their business not trying to draw any attention to themselves. The idea is to normalize OC, not shove it down people's throats.You seem to want an excessive amount of attention for some reason. If you truly believe your own statement above that carrying a gun openly is being in someone's face about the 2A, then you have admitted that that is why you do it. I am beginning to believe that you are using this forum and the meet and greets to draw attention to yourself instead of helping normalize OC. It's all about Dave. And no, I will not apologize for being blunt. I just don't want this turned into someone's sideshow at a circus and I believe other people don't want that either. I have nothing against you personally, just your methods.

+1 That is very true Ruby. I agree, I grew out of printed T's back in my 20's, although they have mentioned a pin or coin to show support of OCDO, I am all for that, or even something usefull like a belt to hold up a holster or a knife. I personally see where some do carry for show, not for cause or just for defense. In fact I remember someone on this forum from anotherthreadsaying...

"It will be a hoot to see his face when I take off my coat and have this big old 45 hangin off my belt. Can you say, DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS."

I dont agree with Scary Carry. To me that is intimidation.