• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys Meet and Greet = GREAT. :)

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
It is nice to see Ruby taking part in breaking down sterotypes. CC/OC needs more females that are out there being seen and heard. There is a ot of social pressure for all types of women across all sexual orientations to conform to the vctimization expectation. It would be nice to see more women at the group meet-ups.
+1/2... Yes, you need to break down thestereotype, woman = victim (dont understand what sexual orientation has to do with anything?). CC/OC does need more females out there being seen and heard. I personally think that Defensive carry and self defense should be a mandatory class in high school. Woman are victimized, and should be trained to deal with it, instead of having to live in fear of it.

Ruby

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
It is nice to see Ruby taking part in breaking down sterotypes. CC/OC needs more females that are out there being seen and heard. There is a ot of social pressure for all types of women across all sexual orientations to conform to the vctimization expectation. It would be nice to see more women at the group meet-ups.
Sylvia, I have nothing against you or anyone else on this forum. I was raised without prejudice; my mother made sure that I understood that we are all human beings and all deserving of respect and our rights. I am not prejudiced in any way against anyone. (Except maybe illegals, but that's another topic.) And maybe I need to broaden my horizons a bit. I just see and hear so much anti-gun propaganda that I would hate to see the people on this forum contribute to it with their behavior. I'm sure you know what I mean. My income depends on the good will of the people I work for, most of whom are liberal. I have to keep a low profile. I wish I didn't but I do. Even if I could be more open about OC, I still would not wear gun related clothing, etc. But that's just me. For me, I think there is a fine line between educating someone about OC and shoving it in their face. I also would like to see more women at the meet & greets, mainly because I think women need to be concerned about their safety more than most of them currently seem to be. It took a shooting at Southcenter Mall in Tukwila in 2008 to wake me up. I wasn't involved, thank God, but it was a wake up call for me. There are more female gun owners and shooters now than ever before and I think that's a good thing. The antis have done a good job in convincing people that they don't need guns or that guns are bad. We all are fighting an uphill battle; for them, not us. We are already convinced of our need for protection. This battle is for all of us, really, so we can rest assured that we will continue to have our rights. All I am saying really is that we will not win people over to our way of thinking by pissing them off. And Dave, no one fed me after midnight; maybe that's the problem! LOL As you can tell, I have strong opinions on things, but I will respect others opinions even if I don't agree with them. We all are a strong minded bunch or we wouldn't be here! If I have offended anyone, I apologize, that was not my intention. I do my best to get along with everyone without sacrificing what I believe in and I think most people do the same. So I call truce. I respect your right to express yourself however you see fit, please respect me if I diagree. Thank you.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
+1/2... Yes, you need to break down thestereotype, woman = victim (dont understand what sexual orientation has to do with anything?). CC/OC does need more females out there being seen and heard. I personally think that Defensive carry and self defense should be a mandatory class in high school. Woman are victimized, and should be trained to deal with it, instead of having to live in fear of it.

Being a lesbian, there are many lesbians that are fearful of firearms. What does sexual orientation have to do with it, you ask?...Lesbians are statistically more likely to b raped by men older tha them and are more likely to not know the person who assaults them. Heterosexual women are more likely to be raped by someone they know.

I felt the need to include sexual orientation in response to someone pointing out that there are LGBT-peole who own and carry firearms.

69Charger

imported post

AMZ
That comment came from me my friend. And it was a hoot. It was the same look I gave a LEO at the Puyallup fair when I saw him with his full size 1911 hangin off his belt. Deer in the headlights.
Get over it.
Hop off your high horse and give it a break.
Maybe some of you need to look at and judge yourself before you judge others.
Have a nice day. :)
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

Being a lesbian, there are many lesbians that are fearful of firearms. What does sexual orientation have to do with it, you ask?...Lesbians are statistically more likely to b raped by men older tha them and are more likely to not know the person who assaults them. Heterosexual women are more likely to be raped by someone they know.

I felt the need to include sexual orientation in response to someone pointing out that there are LGBT-peole who own and carry firearms.

So the jist of it is,"women are more likely to be raped by men". Again sexual orientation shouldnt matter here. The point is all women no matter race, creed, religeon, or sexual orientation should be able to and should know how to defend themselves.

And did I read it right, you are saying "more lesbians are afaid of firearms than straight women"????

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

So the jist of it is,"women are more likely to be raped by men". Again sexual orientation shouldnt matter here. The point is all women no matter race, creed, religeon, or sexual orientation should be able to and should know how to defend themselves.

And did I read it right, you are saying "more lesbians are afaid of firearms than straight women"????

I question why you are so concerned about my putting "sexual orientation" in my response? Does it really matter that I put it in there? IDID NOTsay "more lesbians are afraid of firearms than straight women," (read, read, read) I said "Being a lesbian, there are many lesbians that are fearful of firearms." I merely made an observation about the community which I exist.

Are you fishing for some sort of arguement? Are you seriously bothered that I included the words "sexual-orientation?"

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

I question why you are so concerned about my putting "sexual orientation" in my response? Does it really matter that I put it in there? IDID NOTsay "more lesbians are afraid of firearms than straight women," (read, read, read) I said "Being a lesbian, there are many lesbians that are fearful of firearms." I merely made an observation about the community which I exist.

Are you fishing for some sort of arguement? Are you seriously bothered that I included the words "sexual-orientation?"
No Sylvia, I am not fishing for an arguement. I just dont see what sexual orientation has to do with open carry or the 2A. I do not carry because I am a white, male, heterosexual, and have never felt the need to explain that fact in the open carry forum (until now for some reason). The point I am trying to make Sylvia, is lets stay ontopic.Speaking of which, it looked like you had a great time at the denny's meet.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Above, I have no issue with showing my face...I just thought a happy face would look frindly for anti-gunners;)

sudden valley gunner wrote:
There is no way you can confuse sylvia for the image the anti's have gun folk. :D

I am definately not the image one see's when they think of a gun-toter, I am sure of that! Unless the image is of a gun-toting lesbian...hoefully someday that will be the image:celebrate
Sylvia and Gray offer OC a very diverse group that absolutely stuns the anti gun crowd. Their courage on this issue is well received by me and others I have spoken too about our efforts. Ruby too is in a minority group and as you can see OC is beginning to expand and grow more diverse. Hats off to them as they break down different stereo types then I have to break down.

Amzbrady,

I brought it up because the LGBT community tends to be liberal. The LGBT community tends to follow the liberal mindset when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. I think it is important that we have leaders like Gray and Sylvia that help breakdown that particular stereo type. There are many stereo types that will have to be broken down, this is just one of them.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
No Sylvia, I am not fishing for an arguement. I just dont see what sexual orientation has to do with open carry or the 2A. I do not carry because I am a white, male, heterosexual, and have never felt the need to explain that fact in the open carry forum (until now for some reason). The point I am trying to make Sylvia, is lets stay ontopic.Speaking of which, it looked like you had a great time at the denny's meet.

Kinda hard to move on from the above wen you load your resonse with crap that I feel inclined to responde to. Whatdoes being gay have to do with OC and the 2nd Amendment...It has everything to do with OC and the 2nd Amendment. As I said before, I was responding originally to someone who pointed out my sexual-orientation. That is the only reason sexual-orientation came up.

I carry for many reasons, one of which is I realize and have been the receiver of attack for being gay and for being a gay person who has children...yes, OC and the 2nd Amendment has to do with groups of people arming themselves because they are targets of attack for merely being gay and for being gay and having children. FBI stats, look it up, attacks against gay people up 16% while all other violent crimes against all other groups are down.

I wish you were right my sexual-orientaton has nothing to do with OC and the 2nd Amendment. Just like you, my heterosexual friend, I am pro- 2nd Amendment and pro-OC/CC, the difference is I am a targeted for being gay, you are not targeted for being heterosexual. In addition to that, there is a misconception out there that gay people are easy targets and are lineral anti-gunners..not this gay person;) someone attacks me or my family, their ass is going down.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
Above, I have no issue with showing my face...I just thought a happy face would look frindly for anti-gunners;)

sudden valley gunner wrote:
There is no way you can confuse sylvia for the image the anti's have gun folk. :D

I am definately not the image one see's when they think of a gun-toter, I am sure of that! Unless the image is of a gun-toting lesbian...hoefully someday that will be the image:celebrate
Sylvia and Gray offer OC a very diverse group that absolutely stuns the anti gun crowd. Their courage on this issue is well received by me and others I have spoken too about our efforts. Ruby too is in a minority group and as you can see OC is beginning to expand and grow more diverse. Hats off to them as they break down different stereo types then I have to break down.

Amzbrady,

I brought it up because the LGBT community tends to be liberal. The LGBT community tends to follow the liberal mindset when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. I think it is important that we have leaders like Gray and Sylvia that help breakdown that particular stereo type. There are many stereo types that will have to be broken down, this is just one of them.
Sorry, I didnt know we were playing certian cards within this group.I shalldigress.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Sorry, I didnt know we were playing certian cards within this group.I shalldigress.
Obviously you have an axe to grind with gayness. Deal with it on your own time. Nobody is playing any card. I shall digress.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Obviously you have an axe to grind with gayness. Deal with it on your own time. Nobody is playing any card. I shall digress.
Ya, I am not quite sure what you are looking for brady? Both Sylvia and I have stated some observations that are played out in the real world. There is no card to be played, I just have acknowledged the truth regarding liberal perceptions of the LGBT world and how they are suppose to be anti gun. OCDO is fortunate to have a couple of liberal OCers that are not anti gun and are rather vocal about thier rights.

69Charger

imported post

It would be an honer to have you attend all of the Meets at Dennys with me Sylvia.
Ignore the internet chatter. :(
See you there.
6-19-10 10am.
I will be the one in the evil hat and maybe a Dan Wesson T Shirt. :what:
And maybe a 45 on my hip that no one will notice. :)
Dave

PS
Just bein a bit of a smart ars.
But I do want every one to still come.
We can still show our support for our 2nd amendment rights.
And put all this bickering behind us.:)

69Charger

imported post

My son and I are going for breakfast there at 9:30am tomorrow if there is any one that wants to join us. Would be good to see ya. :)
Dave and Alex.

tyguy808