• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County DA REFUSES to enforce state laws, says they are unconstituional

M

McX

jump up and down! right on! one of the happiest thread topics i've seen in a long time!

Captain Nemo

This is a copy of my email to Mr.Fox. I urge you to join me.

Mr. Fox I have recently read your public comment concerning the SCOTUS decision of McDonald v. the City of Chicago and your opinion of its effect on Wisconsin gun laws. Sir, I wish to extend to you my heartfelt thank you. I do so not so much as a gun rights advocate but as a citizen of Wisconsin. It is rare that we hear of any law enforcement officer and/or politician openly acknowledge that their first obligation to the citizens of Wisconsin is allegiance to the federal and state constitutions. Without doubt you will undergo criticism from some of your contemporaries, some politicians and certainly the anti-gun factions. They do only because they don't have the courage you have expressed.

Liberty is the most precious commodity on earth, the framers of the U.S. Constitution knew that, and we have our young people fighting two wars in distant lands giving their lives to protect those liberties. We must not let their deaths be for naught. You are one of those rare politicians that reviere their sacrifices. So, although you will probably receive criticism for your stand, rest assured that you have an equal cadre of people that are blowing their trumpets for you. Again, I Thank You.

fisheyes

As for me I have hunted in that area for ever, and lease 120 acres in Jackson Cnty, all I can say is finally........ someone with there head screwed on right!!!!!! Black River Falls is a great little town, but there is crime there, and the bad guys really didnt care that this is a great little town, but they might now if they find out that this guy has said protect yourself and yours and to hell with the criminals ........ I am sure that there will be a lot of other PLACES JUMPING ON BOARD THE FREEDOM TRAIN soon ........ now if we can get communist Milwaukee and its twin Madison to follow suit, we may acctually have a free state, the way it was meant to be." But dont hold your breath" cause Milwaukee is run by a smuck that wants to go to Madison and Madison is well .........just Madison....... hopefully in November we will get rid of both these guys........I could go on and on and on .............

Have a great 4th

M

McX

ya know.....if j.b. joins in, and all the other state d.a.'s do too, we could get no permit concealed by default!

johnny amish

This is the great news, we all need to e-mail him with a letter of thanks. Just sent mine. We need to praise when praise is earned and Mr. Fox has earned it. To take a public stance like this will most likely cause him some grief, the anti-gunners will likely be contacting him also. Our voice needs to be louder.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
If we all contact our local DA's and bring their attention to this maybe we could get some of them out of the closet too! Why don't we make an organized effort to do so? Get everyone to email every DA one by one. Bring their attention to this and ask them to jump on the bandwagon!

My guess on why he didn't include the GFSZ is that SCOTUS specifically mentioned "Schools" as a place where firearms could be regulated. SCOTUS did not say "School Zones" however; (at least that I found) so maybe the DA missed that?

It seems to me he is basing his entire view on the fact that it is now considered a fundamental right and ignoring that SCOTUS didn't answer all the "reasonable restriction" questions. I think this may be the right way to look at it. Being a fundamental right definitely causes the states police power to be secondary to the right; at least IMHO.

Last edited:
M

McX

there ya go guys. were now 'carry encouraged' how you do it is your business! LET FREEDOM RING!

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is what I just sent to the Walworth county DA:

 Philip A Koss
1800 County Trunk NN
PO Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Phone: 262-741-7198

Mr Koss
I have enclosed a memo issued by the District Attorney of Jackson County outlining the effects of the recent McDonald Vs. Chicago SCOTU ruling on WI law.
I was enquiring whether your office had also analyzed the ruling and if you had a similar stand.
As a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc and www.opencarry.org I firmly believe that between the 2d amendment of the US Constitution and the Wisconsin Constitution makes these laws unenforceable.
I look forward to your response.

Paul L Fisher

Let's get a letter writing campaign to every DA in the state and also to the AG to see if we can do this BEFORE Doyle leaves office!!!! What a slap in the face that would be!

M

McX

better toss this in in the interim, doug help me out on this, 'cause i saw this, so i know it exists, i just don't know where. your computer's got a whole lot more buttons on it than mine do:

the property owner, his agent, or designatee may carry concealed on property owned by him.

ok, all of you here; raise your right hand...........no the other one......you are all hereby designated!

LET FREEDOM RING!

paul@paul-fisher.com

better toss this in in the interim, doug help me out on this, 'cause i saw this, so i know it exists, i just don't know where. your computer's got a whole lot more buttons on it than mine do:

the property owner, his agent, or designatee may carry concealed on property owned by him.

ok, all of you here; raise your right hand...........no the other one......you are all hereby designated!

LET FREEDOM RING!

I thought it was only the owner and there was actually more grey area than that if you rented the property your business was located on. But I could be nuts!!

goforlow

WOOO HOOOO!!!

There is a new light at the end of the tunnel, and I don't think this one is a train!!

Send a letter like the one previous, to your county DA.

We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. As members of this board and/or WCI, be part of the solution!!

Yeah FREEDOM!!

fjpro2a

One small step

Let's move as quickly as we can, and make great leaps forward. But, remember, a small step forward is also good.

M

McX

i'm not sure paul. but i OWN this place....lucky me huh? anyway, i KNOW i saw the owner, agent designatee thing, i'm hoping doug can dig it up, then we go forward from there!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
i'm not sure paul. but i OWN this place....lucky me huh? anyway, i KNOW i saw the owner, agent designatee thing, i'm hoping doug can dig it up, then we go forward from there!

AFAIK, there is nothing in any law "allowing" an owner or agent to have a CCW on private property. There is only an affirmitive defense to such, outlined by Hamdan.

Nothing keeps you from being arrested and prosecuted, but there is a defense to the charge, and most likely it would be dismissed; at least in the case of the owner of the property. An agent of the owner is yet to be tested in court I think.

IANAL, of course.

M

McX

dang. well, i'm still sticking with how you carry is your business here. my land. my rules. and i say LET FREEDOM RING.

B

bhancock

Just sent thank you to Mr. Fox and sent a request to La Crosse County to do the same. I live about 4 mile south of the Jackson County line and buy all my Firearms and most my ammo at Moe's Hardware in BRF. It is a good day to visit Jackson County and spend some money on ammo.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I just sent this to Mr Fox:

Mr Fox,

I just read your memo regarding the enforceability of various state laws in light of the recent SCOTUS ruling.

I appreciate your proactive approach to this. I have used your memo to ask my local DA Phillip Koss to review as well.

I know the AG doesn't normally issue opinions at the request of individual citizens so I was hoping you can ask him to review the ruling's effect on state laws as well.

Thank you again and you can be assured that if you run for an office I can vote for, you will have my vote.

Thanks again for standing up for freedom!

I believe he can ask the AG for an opinion, can't he?