• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County DA REFUSES to enforce state laws, says they are unconstituional

J.Gleason

Banned
This is a copy of my email to Mr.Fox. I urge you to join me.

Mr. Fox I have recently read your public comment concerning the SCOTUS decision of McDonald v. the City of Chicago and your opinion of its effect on Wisconsin gun laws. Sir, I wish to extend to you my heartfelt thank you. I do so not so much as a gun rights advocate but as a citizen of Wisconsin. It is rare that we hear of any law enforcement officer and/or politician openly acknowledge that their first obligation to the citizens of Wisconsin is allegiance to the federal and state constitutions. Without doubt you will undergo criticism from some of your contemporaries, some politicians and certainly the anti-gun factions. They do only because they don't have the courage you have expressed.

Liberty is the most precious commodity on earth, the framers of the U.S. Constitution knew that, and we have our young people fighting two wars in distant lands giving their lives to protect those liberties. We must not let their deaths be for naught. You are one of those rare politicians that reviere their sacrifices. So, although you will probably receive criticism for your stand, rest assured that you have an equal cadre of people that are blowing their trumpets for you. Again, I Thank You.

Email sent

Captain Nemo

There is no question that Mr. Fox will undergo extensive critism from the anti's and gun-unfriendly DA's and politicians. It is up to us to keep blowing on the ember. We must bombard our respective DAs and legislators with a show of support for Mr. Fox. We must also let JB VanHollen know our feelings. The last personal email address I have for JB VanHollen is vanhollenjb@doj.state.wi.us . The AG is prohibited by state law from responding to us with an opinion but he surely will read his email and get the message.

Mr. Fox is correct in his statement that up to this point in time the Wisconsin legislature and supreme court have held the position that police power shall prevail. The burden has been on the private citizen to prove he/she had just cause to use a firearm for personal protection. That fact was made very clear in State v Hamdan. The SCOTUS decision in Heller and in McDonald dispelled that theory. Mr. Fox has been brave enough to recognize the significance of those decisions. We now have 71 other DAs to convince.

Yuo out-of-staters that cruise this forum: It wouldn't hurt the open carry cause if you also expressed your support of Mr. Fox to AG VanHollen. Show him that this issue has national attention.

paul@paul-fisher.com

There is no question that Mr. Fox will undergo extensive critism from the anti's and gun-unfriendly DA's and politicians. It is up to us to keep blowing on the ember. We must bombard our respective DAs and legislators with a show of support for Mr. Fox. We must also let JB VanHollen know our feelings. The last personal email address I have for JB VanHollen is vanhollenjb@doj.state.wi.us . The AG is prohibited by state law from responding to us with an opinion but he surely will read his email and get the message.

Mr. Fox is correct in his statement that up to this point in time the Wisconsin legislature and supreme court have held the position that police power shall prevail. The burden has been on the private citizen to prove he/she had just cause to use a firearm for personal protection. That fact was made very clear in State v Hamdan. The SCOTUS decision in Heller and in McDonald dispelled that theory. Mr. Fox has been brave enough to recognize the significance of those decisions. We now have 71 other DAs to convince.

Yuo out-of-staters that cruise this forum: It wouldn't hurt the open carry cause if you also expressed your support of Mr. Fox to AG VanHollen. Show him that this issue has national attention.

I have posted the opinion to JB's Facebook page as well asking for an official opinion in support.

This is what I sent Kedzie and Nass:

Sen Kedzie/Rep Nass,

I have added a link to a memo from the Jackson County DA showing which state laws, in his opinion, that are unconstitutional in light of the McDonald vs Chicago lawsuit.

I would ask that you at the soonest possible time work on getting those laws repealed. In addition the Gun Free School Zones.

The Republican Party of WI has endorse 'Constitutional Carry" which means no permit for CC. I urge you work towards that as well.

Meanwhile, I will work on getting you a Governor that will support our God give rights as well.

The iron is hot, it is time to strike a victory for our rights.

--
Paul L Fisher

Last edited:

Teamtnt2004

Got one sent out to the DA of Rock County. Hope to hear from him soon.

J.Gleason

Banned
See how the legal system works at the dirty end. Cops investigate, detain and recommend charges, but they do not themselves make a charge.

Will we see the other County DAs follow suit and will the Attorney General back them up? These offices must be flooded with inquiries and our strong request that they do so.

Note that § 948.605 was not mentioned as unconstitutional by this DA.

I'm not sure Doug he does say he believes Section 941.235, prohibiting the possession of firearms in public buildings; to be unconstitutional. A school is a public building. Though he does not specifically say GFSZ, IMHO, I think he was including the GFSZ. That is just my .02. Of course you could always send him an email and ask.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The Bradites speak up.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-supremecourtguns-,0,7690998.story

Peter Hamm is a spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. He says Fox is inviting crime into Jackson County and if he won't enforce the state's laws he should be removed from office.

Ha Ha Ha :lol:
Inviting crime? These guys have no clue!
We should remove the ones that will enforce it from office and the legislatures that enable/mandate them!

J.Gleason

Banned

We should remove the ones that will enforce it from office and the legislatures that enable/mandate them!

Daley is the one who should be removed from office. First he threatens a reporter with a firearm and then he blatantly scoffs at the SCOTUS ruling. He has become a dictator in Chicago and should be removed from office ASAP.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I'm not sure Doug he does say he believes Section 941.235, prohibiting the possession of firearms in public buildings; to be unconstitutional. A school is a public building. Though he does not specifically say GFSZ, IMHO, I think he was including the GFSZ. That is just my .02. Of course you could always send him an email and ask.

Some schools are public buildings. The private ones have "gun free" zones too.

TFred

Peter Hamm is a spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. He says Fox is inviting crime into Jackson County and if he won't enforce the state's laws he should be removed from office.
You always have to keep in mind who is doing the talking. The Brady Bunch sincerely believes that all non-Law Enforcement or military gun owners are de facto criminals. So, by their own definition, any reduction in enforcing gun laws is indeed inviting "crime", as seen by their definition of crime.

TFred

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
You always have to keep in mind who is doing the talking. The Brady Bunch sincerely believes that all non-Law Enforcement or military gun owners are de facto criminals. So, by their own definition, any reduction in enforcing gun laws is indeed inviting "crime", as seen by their definition of crime.

TFred
The silly part is that he IS enforcing the law, the supreme law of the land, the Wisconsin and U.S. Constitutions.

I'm sorry, I've been reading comments on JSonline and that's the biggest thing these fartknockers don't get.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Sarah Brady and Peter Hamm, tyrant wannabes.

The BCPGV has a real problem with democracy. In Wisconsin the DAs are elected to four year terms by the people, their constituents and electorate.

And this after jumping through a mile of hoops to comment on the crime-capitol Tribune site,
Server Error
Sorry, the server returned an error.
Please try again later.

Last edited: