• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimberguy Encounter Video

T Vance

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
TVance
Did the "on-call prosecuter" end up calling the officer?

I've been following this and it certainly seems like someone called the officer, he is apparently either reading our loud, or reciting what he's hearing from someone at the 6:37 mark "... if a person has a CCW permit, he or she can carry openly and may transport in a vehicle without (unintelligible) ..."

It sounds like he is reading it word for word from something.

Kimberguy, did you give any officers any kind of pamphelt or OC business card during this stop?

T Vance

imported post

If possible, could you post all of the videos in their RAW, UNCUT format too from each video? There seems to be a lot of things going on in this encounter that are not edited into this 1st video (of the motorcycle stop) that I'd like to hear.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

I've had lots of conversations with people on the phone that will parrot back what they've just been told, apparently to ensure that they have heard correctly. So... indeed, he's reciting something either spoken or read. You'd think after enough repetitions that the meaning of what he's saying would sink in, wouldn't you?

Somewhere, that officer has a disconnect where the words he is saying apparently go out of his mouth, but they don't go into his head.

In any forthcoming lawsuit, those words would be very useful, agreed? :cool:

PDinDetroit

imported post

I really liked it that the officer needed to call the "on-call prosecutor" to help him figure out what he was doing. It is good to ask for help, but the officer here really should know his job by now and that OC is legal in MI after how many times stopping KimberGuy??? Whatta PUTZ!

When the officer stated that "you are in violation of the CCW regulations on the back of your card", I would have simply pointed out that the back of the card states the following:

"This license allows the licensee to carry a pistol on or about his person anywhere in the state, except a licensee shall not carry a concealed pistol at a (list of PFZ's)...".

No where on the card does it list the manner of carry other than in the PFZ's. No where in the MCL's can I find a MUST or SHALL CONCEAL.

The CPL Class I went to claimed that I gave up the right to OC when I got a CPL. I still cannot find that anywhere in the MCL's either, nor would any type of law like that stand-up to scrutiny under US 2A or MI Constitution Article I Section 6.

T Vance

imported post

at 4:10 do you say " I am done talking to you"? I am using headphones but am still having a difficult time understanding everything that is said.

T Vance

imported post

On this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3TuTm4a-M# did you mesh several audio clips on top of each other (the cop and Kimberguy talking & the officer in the car)? It's hard to understand what is being said at times.

Kimberguy, I want to get these videos from you when you get a minute. I can make an audio clip (similar to my Target one) when I get a chance, detailing who is saying what and at what times, and what is going on to make it a bit easier to follow.

Thanks for posting these Mike!

mikestilly

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Listening to it now. Could you/would you post all the raw videos online?

T - It's not as easy as you say. First off we have 4 videos all about 45 minutes long. One video shows them in view which I've used as the base video. The first video I posted is the best representation of what happened. Only a small portion is completely overlapped which I posted the second video of just the outside conversation. I'm going to do what I just did till i have 4 of 4 completed. You've missed nothing with what I've posted.

mikestilly

imported post

Denny wrote:
Maybe we should send the open carry leo packet pdf. to all the email addresses listed here:

http://www.cityofjackson.org/departments/police/pact.asp?page=B1

I see officer Albrect is listed. What do ya think?

That with a link to the Youtube channel for added "training" lol Still cant figure out why this clown pulled him out again after he already got the answer from the prosecutor the first time.

PDinDetroit

imported post

I am thinking that the Jackson City PD Officers should be made to go through OC Sensitivity Training if a lawsuit was filed and won. It would be just like training a dog to sit completely still when a cookie is placed on the ground 6 feet in front of them.

No! No! Bad Cop (whack on the nose)!

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Listening to it now. Could you/would you post all the raw videos online?

T - It's not as easy as you say. First off we have 4 videos all about 45 minutes long. One video shows them in view which I've used as the base video. The first video I posted is the best representation of what happened. Only a small portion is completely overlapped which I posted the second video of just the outside conversation. I'm going to do what I just did till i have 4 of 4 completed. You've missed nothing with what I've posted.
I'll just get the videos from Kimberguy. Thanks.

CoonDog

imported post

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wanted to comment on the cigarette ash. First, is it littering if you're on private property and the owner/agent/manager doesn't press charges? IANAL, but it seems to me that if you can get a signed affidavit from the manager, you could use this in court. Second, you could subpoena testimony from the manager and ask if they allow smoking on the premises. The answer is no doubt "Yes" since you were smoking right in front of him. Then ask if it's allowed to ash where you did. The upshot for me is that since this all happened on private property, the alleged injury is governed by private rather than public policy. Where does the LEO get authority to right a ticket on private property if it's not a problem for the property owner or agent on the scene?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

324.8901 Definitions.
Sec. 8901.

As used in this part:

(a) "Litter" means rubbish, refuse, waste material, garbage, offal, paper, glass, cans, bottles, trash, debris, or other foreign substances or a vehicle that is considered abandoned under section 252a of the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.252a.

(b) "Public or private property or water" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(i) The right-of-way of a road or highway, a body of water or watercourse, or the shore or beach of a body of water or watercourse, including the ice above the water.

(ii) A park, playground, building, refuge, or conservation or recreation area.

(iii) Residential or farm properties or timberlands.

(c) "Vehicle" means a motor vehicle registered or required to be registered under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923.

(d) "Vessel" means a vessel registered under part 801.

History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995 ;-- Am. 2004, Act 494, Imd. Eff. Dec. 29, 2004