• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimberguy Encounter Video

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
Just watched the motorcycle video. Very amusing.

I like the discussion the cops have about the legality of oc on a motorcycle.

Very good of kimberguy being polite with yes sir, no sir...also on immediately disclosing, although disclosing while oc'ing on a motorcycle may or may not be required as neither you or your pistol are IN a motor vehicle. And the cpl law only requires you disclose when you are carrying a concealed pistol.

I think the safest way to get that point settled by the courts is by a person with a cpl (other than kimberguy...he has enough on his plate) If by some miracle you were found guilty of not disclosing, it would not be a felony.....vs a non cpl holder oc'ing on a motorcycle and somehow being found guilty of transporting a pistol or himself "IN" his motorcycle.

What if Kimberguy got off the motorcycle as soon as he stopped? At that point he wouldn't be VCCing and wouldn't need to disclose anything.

(VCC=vehicle concealed carry) {The imaginary disappearing of a firearm in Michigan when the person Openly Carrying a pistol in a holster gets in a car, truck, bus, motor-home or on a motorcycle, quad, snowmobile};)

conservative85

imported post

I don't know where to begin...Fat, Mohawk cop...Not to mention, violating Constitutional rights. what the hell kinda police dept. does Jackson run?

I am going to Jackson I do not know when, but I am going.

I think we need to march...

wally1120

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Kimberguy wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Sounds like they mention us hanging out and OCing at the fireworks in the first video. 7:18
I havn't watched it with the sound in some time now.

Someone says "There was a whole bunch of them at the fireworks...(inaudible)...about 8 of them walking around".

As I recall, there was only 4 of us OCing all together at once. I Cabman was there OCing too, but he was somewhere else. Not one officer approached us that night.
Yeah I recall that only there being3 OCing, and 1 CCing Multiple firearms. Never ran into Cabman at the fireworks tho. Did however have someone call the cops on me when just about everyone else went to the bathroom,But the cops never approached me at the fireworks.

wally1120

imported post

I think if you do come to Jackson sometime then I will be down to go for a march. Maybe able to bring some of the FUZZ out, and get some attention from them.

mikestilly

imported post

Hey guys. Worked on the second video today. It's going to take a while. There were 3 conversations sometimes at the same time. So I've been capturing the most important stuff and been able to mix some of the conversations as they made sense in the video. This has been the trickiest video editing I've ever done with 4 videos all happening at the same time :) I'll knock it out hopefully before the end of this week.

Kimberguy

imported post

dougwg wrote:
hehe

So did you get a dear?

I got nothing so far.
i was so flabbergasted by everything i couldn't sit in my shack, i had to go home. I kept running through everything in my head, especially the whole smoking thing. I am curious to know how it would have turned out had I not had that cigarette, because i did quit.

so no, i haven't gotten anything yet this year

Kimberguy

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I figured you went out more then just that one day.
lol yeah, I have, i missed a deer opening day. had my shotgun sighted in wrong. I heard you are in town.... we should catch a cup of coffee if you are still around.

lapeer20m

imported post

dougwg wrote:
What if Kimberguy got off the motorcycle as soon as he stopped? At that point he wouldn't be VCCing and wouldn't need to disclose anything.

(VCC=vehicle concealed carry) {The imaginary disappearing of a firearm in Michigan when the person Openly Carrying a pistol in a holster gets in a car, truck, bus, motor-home or on a motorcycle, quad, snowmobile};)
I disagree. i think an openly carried firearm in a vehicle is considered unlawful transport, not carrying a concealed weapon. The law states that without a cpl, you cannot transport a pistol "concealed or otherwise" in a motor vehicle. The law recognizes that a pistol in a vehicle is not necessarily concealed.

as far an an attorney for kimberguy.....have you tried getting in contact with any of the attorneys for other oc cases....like the guy in south haven, or even contact the out of state firm that handled the recent civil case in NM and see who they would recommend. ?

mikestilly

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
dougwg wrote:
What if Kimberguy got off the motorcycle as soon as he stopped?  At that point he wouldn't be VCCing and wouldn't need to disclose anything.

I disagree.  i think an openly carried firearm in a vehicle is considered unlawful transport, not carrying a concealed weapon.  The law states that without a cpl, you cannot transport a pistol "concealed or otherwise" in a motor vehicle.  The law recognizes that a pistol in a vehicle is not necessarily concealed. 

as far an an attorney for kimberguy.....have you tried getting in contact with any of the attorneys for other oc cases....like the guy in south haven, or even contact the out of state firm that handled the recent civil case in NM and see who they would recommend.  ?

Show me the law that states that it is illegal for a CPL holder to open carry in their car. I was pulled over last night for speeding I was OC'ing the cop was very nice and there was no problem. This was in Novi I shoulda known better they get speeders all the time out there.

Mike

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
dougwg wrote:

I disagree. i think an openly carried firearm in a vehicle is considered unlawful transport, not carrying a concealed weapon. The law states that without a cpl, you cannot transport a pistol "concealed or otherwise" in a motor vehicle. The law recognizes that a pistol in a vehicle is not necessarily concealed.

as far an an attorney for kimberguy.....have you tried getting in contact with any of the attorneys for other oc cases....like the guy in south haven, or even contact the out of state firm that handled the recent civil case in NM and see who they would recommend. ?
Please clarify what you're trying to say. Bolded, not the small stuff

lapeer20m

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:

Please clarify what you're trying to say. Bolded, not the small stuff

oops.

What i meant is:

WITHOUT A CPL
....an openly carried firearm in a vehicle is considered unlawful transport, not carrying a concealed weapon.

Just making the argument that a pistol is not legally or magically concealed just because it is IN a vehicle. The law does not state that a pistol in a vehicle is concealed.

This is based on the fact that the law says it is illegal to transport a loaded pistol "concealed or otherwise" in a vehicle. (unless you have a cpl) The law seems to indicate you can carry a non-concealed pistol in your vehicle, but it is still illegal transport if you don't have a cpl.

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.
Sec. 227.
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

does everyone agree that a pistol in a vehicle is not necessarily concealed?

Also, open carrying a pistol on a motorcycle may be legal, since the law clearly states "in a vehicle" and neither the pistol or the driver are "in" the motorcycle.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

TVance
Did the "on-call prosecuter" end up calling the officer?

I've been following this and it certainly seems like someone called the officer, he is apparently either reading our loud, or reciting what he's hearing from someone at the 6:37 mark "... if a person has a CCW permit, he or she can carry openly and may transport in a vehicle without (unintelligible) ..."

T Vance

imported post

You CAN transport a firearm in a vehicle without a CPL, but it must be out of reach of anyone in the vehicle, and the ammo must not be in the firearm itself. So it is not considered unlawful transport if you transport it the way I suggested without a CPL.