• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's Green Cafe Veteran's & Homeless Veterans Dinner Events, 15 & 29 December!

msusnVet

Have fun! Do you have a ccl? If so, it doesn't matter if you have permission or not. As others have said, don't call the cops, they are allowed to lie to you.

Thank you very much, ccl should be getting here soon, submitted on Nov 3. No, I will not contact the cops since I am personally checking it out.

protias

Thank you for the URl, but I will take the DOJ statute over anything that organization you posted or any other organization has to say about the law involved.

Ok, well, look at the information in my signature, it has all the needed information on carrying in WI.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rrying-(OC)-In-WI-Here-s-what-you-should-know

If you still don't trust anyone here, then I guess there isn't much of a point to be here. Sorry if that seems crass, but if you don't trust the information, you'll never be able to trust anything anyone says.

MKEgal

I think I can come to the one on the 29th.

As for our newest incarnation of lunchables...
[hijack]
msusnVet said:
what are the scheduled hours a person can open carry at this event?
Since you'll probably spend most of the time in the restaurant, hours & permission don't matter.
The restaurant is NOT a Class B premises.

msusnVet said:
So who has the written permission and hours to open carry in a tavern at this event?
Don't need it; it's not a tavern.
The restaurant & tavern are separate properties.
Even if you go into the tavern it doesn't have to be written permission.

msusnVet said:
Thank you for the URl, but I will take the DOJ statute over anything that organization you posted or any other organization has to say about the law involved.
Since you didn't bother to even look at that webpage, you wouldn't know this, but...
there's a tab in the upper right that says "legal",
and on the menu under that tab is a link that says "Wisconsin legal citations"
and the page that brings up has links to PDFs of the laws,
all starting with legis.state.wi.us
Official enough for you?
[/hijack]
[ignore=msusnVet]

msusnVet

I think I can come to the one on the 29th.

As for our newest incarnation of lunchables...
[hijack]

Since you'll probably spend most of the time in the restaurant, hours & permission don't matter.
The restaurant is NOT a Class B premises.

Don't need it; it's not a tavern.
The restaurant & tavern are separate properties.
Even if you go into the tavern it doesn't have to be written permission.

Since you didn't bother to even look at that webpage, you wouldn't know this, but...
there's a tab in the upper right that says "legal",
and on the menu under that tab is a link that says "Wisconsin legal citations"
and the page that brings up has links to PDFs of the laws,
all starting with legis.state.wi.us
Official enough for you?
[/hijack]
[ignore=msusnVet]

Thank you for the nice post and changing my mind about seeking an opinion from Racine County before I attend on Dec. 15th and Dec.29th. One can never be too careful. Wis State Stat. 941.237 (3) (g).

I do not understand the lunchable thing, I am able to do lunch everyday.

Last edited:
M

McX

Thank you for the nice post and changing my mind about seeking an opinion from Racine County before I attend on Dec. 15th and Dec.29th. One can never be too careful. Wis State Stat. 941.237 (3) (g).

I do not understand the lunchable thing, I am able to do lunch everyday.

moot point, as Lizzy's is located in Kenosha county, not Racine. I personally would ask any questions i would have of Paul Fisher, not the police. but i am funny that way.

msusnVet

moot point, as Lizzy's is located in Kenosha county, not Racine. I personally would ask any questions i would have of Paul Fisher, not the police. but i am funny that way.

Very interesting, Wikipedia has Kansasville located in Racine County. I will find out for sure on my pre Dec.15 trip to this cafe/lounge.

M

McX

what county is in is irrelevant, you are missing the point, i will copy paste it here again:

I personally would ask any questions i would have of Paul Fisher, not the police.

msusnVet

what county is in is irrelevant, you are missing the point, i will copy paste it here again:

I personally would ask any questions i would have of Paul Fisher, not the police.

You are correct, the county is of no importance, I just mentioned what county for my own reference and nothing about who in particular I may contact.

I will say Mr. Fisher is in all likelihood a very good fellow. He told me to have fun on my trip and that was very nice of him.

Last edited:

msusnVet

Visited Lizzys green cafe.
Breakfast was quite a bit above the norm.
Desiree is a very nice young lady, very nice singing voice.
She is a Ricki Lake look and sound alike.
Had a couple or so beers in the twilight zone.
A very nice carry friendly place for the Vets doins.
No need to say anymore. Period.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
First Dinner Event In Two Days!

Bump! I hope some of us can attend. Please make an effort to attend the event on the 29th if you can only attend one of them. The event on the 29th are for our homeless Veterans.

Outdoorsman1

Visited Lizzys green cafe.
Breakfast was quite a bit above the norm.
Desiree is a very nice young lady, very nice singing voice.
She is a Ricki Lake look and sound alike.
Had a couple or so beers in the twilight zone.
A very nice carry friendly place for the Vets doins.
No need to say anymore. Period.

Wow.. Actual proof you were there... Good On You...

Some here in the past have claimed to be there witout proof... You sir have bested them...

Outdoorsman1

msusnVet

Wow.. Actual proof you were there... Good On You...

Some here in the past have claimed to be there witout proof... You sir have bested them...

Outdoorsman1

Mr. Fishers assessment was quite spot on. I was trying to be politically correct and I actually despise political correctness. An extreme attitude adjustment was made after viewing the twilight pointed out to me by Miss D.

As the author of this thread points out, if one can make it on these dates, I bet one will not forget the experience.

Outdoorsman1

He's been to troll school.

He got the name, the look, and the sound right (I have heard her sing).

Kinda confused though, as far as I know, they do not do Kareoke for breakfast...???

Oh yea, and it is the Twilight Lounge... Not The Twilight Zone.....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

msusnVet

He got the name, the look, and the sound right (I have heard her sing).

Kinda confused though, as far as I know, they do not do Kareoke for breakfast...???

Oh yea, and it is the Twilight Lounge... Not The Twilight Zone.....

Outdoorsman1

I ate breakfast at about one pea em the day I was there. Desiree was singing with the radio or tape, which ever to Xmas songs.

Yep, you are right on the name, just my spin on it. Love the ceiling.