• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's Green Cafe Veteran's & Homeless Veterans Dinner Events, 15 & 29 December!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I ate breakfast at about one pea em the day I was there. Desiree was singing with the radio or tape, which ever to Xmas songs.

Yep, you are right on the name, just my spin on it. Love the ceiling.

Her name is Deserae, not Desiree. De-Ser-A

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Tonight Is The First Night For The Vets! Hope Some Of Us Can Make It!

Why thank you, being a cook is a very honorable profession.

LOL! You got me there! Yes, a cook or Chef is very honorable and a very difficult profession. I hope to meet you at Lizzy's on the 29th. :)

I can't make this one but I will be at the event on the 29th! Please support our Veterans! If anyone can make this event please do so. If you can only make one event please attend the event on the 29th for our homeless Veterans!

Thanks everyone.

Outdoorsman1

msusnVet

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1
He got the name, the look, and the sound right (I have heard her sing).

Kinda confused though, as far as I know, they do not do Kareoke for breakfast...???

Oh yea, and it is the Twilight Lounge... Not The Twilight Zone.....

Outdoorsman1
I ate breakfast at about one pea em the day I was there. Desiree was singing with the radio or tape, which ever to Xmas songs.

Yep, you are right on the name, just my spin on it. Love the ceiling.

Yep... seems like you were there alright..... Or maybe all the things you mentioned have already been talked about here in different threads... guess the only way to know for sure is to introduce yourself to one of the "regulars" xx xxxx xxxx...and become part of the group....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

guess the only way to know for sure is to introduce yourself to one of the "regulars" from this site and become part of the group. Outdoorsman1
I have already welcomed this fellow USN veteran to the group, quietly, privately, respectful of our potential differences.

Outdoorsman1

I have already welcomed this fellow USN veteran to the group, quietly, privately, respectful of our potential differences.

I am sorry, I could have been more clear...

I was speaking of the "group" that meets regularly at "Lizz'y Green Cafe" as well as the "Twilight Lounge"

I have edited my previous post to try and remove confusion.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

MKEgal

protias said:
Anyone remember sheller who said he was a veteran?...
Yeah, all kinds of trolls popping up lately.
Thank goodness for the block feature! At least I don't have to be bothered by their drivel.
Report them, block them, move along.

jamesisel

Carpool

I will be going on the 29th (tomorrow). I will be leaving from Milwaukee if anyone wants to carpool. All I would ask is a couple of dollars for gas. I will be bringing my trained Service Dog along (he's a sweetheart) so If your scared of dogs don't ride with me
.........I drive a F-150 Supercrew, so plenty of room

Last edited:

G17C

Tonight

I will be there and bringing a guest. I can't leave milwaukee though until around 5:15 so wer will be a little later.

MKEgal

Since nobody else has said anything yet...

It was a nice, small, group last night.
Good conversation was had, new people were met, & I found another beer I like. :D
And that band was pretty good, even though I generally avoid listening to heavy metal.
How anyone can do a striptease to that is beyond me.
Good thing some of you were able to get video.

Guys, check your PMs please.
I sent you the info I was trying to explain last night.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Since nobody else has said anything yet...

It was a nice, small, group last night.
Good conversation was had, new people were met, & I found another beer I like. :D
And that band was pretty good, even though I generally avoid listening to heavy metal.
How anyone can do a striptease to that is beyond me.
Good thing some of you were able to get video.

Guys, check your PMs please.
I sent you the info I was trying to explain last night.

Hey!! I can strip to anything!