• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misinformed NRA instructors in Ct.

Rich B

Why? They aren't supposed to be doing such in a course. Whether what they present is true or false, it isn't part of the approved curriculum at all.

And like I said, that is a discussion for another thread/effort. Feel free to spearhead that effort. In the meantime, we are starting small and trying to get them to stop spreading misinformation.

Rich B

Exactly that.... reasonable.

Again, 'reasonable' is very subjective. I wouldn't consider any permit process to be 'reasonable'.

I think there could be a process to report instructors, but there must also be a mechanism in place where slander and defamation can't take place. Some of the highly profitable instructors hate guys like me that don't charge an arm and a leg and teach a proper course.

That is fine, but a complaint that instructors are teaching law and teaching it wrong in a basic pistol safety course seems like a valid complaint to me.

wrightme

And like I said, that is a discussion for another thread/effort. Feel free to spearhead that effort. In the meantime, we are starting small and trying to get them to stop spreading misinformation.

He is teaching an NRA course.

He is teaching subjects that are NOT sanctioned by the NRA.

Reporting that to the NRA will acheive your objective. Why not use that to your advantage? You may NEVER get the person to stop spreading misinformation. But, you CAN get him to stop spreading misinformation in the subject course.

Last edited: