• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia Rally

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

My kids are a bit younger than 17 thank goodness (I have 3 daughters and 1 son). Hopefully we will have another meet in the next month or so.

1911er

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
My kids are a bit younger than 17 thank goodness (I have 3 daughters and 1 son). Hopefully we will have another meet in the next month or so.

Well you must have been un-dyke like at one time if you have 4 children they don't just happen.:lol::what:

every female is considerd a lady untill they prove themselves otherwise

Norman

imported post

At least from me, "Lady" isn't an insult, and I have been taught that the term "Dyke" is derogatory, therefore I do not use it, no offense.

As for kids. Someone there had a few little ones playing up front. There was also a couple that had a little boy and girl . All very well behaved and quite cute.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Norman wrote:
At least from me, "Lady" isn't an insult, and I have been taught that the term "Dyke" is derogatory, therefore I do not use it, no offense.

As for kids. Someone there had a few little ones playing up front. There was also a couple that had a little boy and girl . All very well behaved and quite cute.

I am not the one who brought male/female, sexual orientation or any of that into this threat. The comment "listen lady...if you are in fact a lady" was a statement made by someone else. I am not sure what they meant by that so I have to conclude that they are questioning whether or not I am a "lady." I acknowledge that I am not a lady and if I was, so what. I question the reason this was even brought up by the original poster of the statement.

I think the "lady" response has to do with the fact that I have an opinion that I express. I can see how that would make some men uncomfortable and angry.

Personally, I do not find the term dyke offensive since I am in fact a dyke.

It is nice to read that there are others out there who have well behaved children as well.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nothing better than a woman with a gun! Here is one of the best of all time!

annieoakley1899-500.jpg

69Charger

imported post

Here are some great gals. And my Dan Wesson Heritage.

DAN018.jpg

kyle.huff

[no reference to THAT Kyle Huff...], Washington, U
imported post

Norman wrote:
My wife will be glad to hear you say this, she was concerned they were a little disruptive as they were quite restless..

Full Disclosure; Any good quality in my children is entirely my wifes doing.. I am only responsible for their bad behavior! =c )

I will say, since my wife and I have been carrying (CC and OC), my children no longer make remarks about others carrying firearms - I see many children point out my firearm, or those worn by LEOs - but my kids couldn't care less. When my wife and I spoke with a WSP Officer on the steps of the Capitol building that day, my son only commented on his hat, which gave us quite the chuckle.. I must admit, they do have funny hats..

She was carrying a Beretta PX4 40 S&W by the way..

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kyle.huff wrote:
Norman wrote:
My wife will be glad to hear you say this, she was concerned they were a little disruptive as they were quite restless..

Full Disclosure; Any good quality in my children is entirely my wifes doing.. I am only responsible for their bad behavior! =c )

I will say, since my wife and I have been carrying (CC and OC), my children no longer make remarks about others carrying firearms - I see many children point out my firearm, or those worn by LEOs - but my kids couldn't care less. When my wife and I spoke with a WSP Officer on the steps of the Capitol building that day, my son only commented on his hat, which gave us quite the chuckle.. I must admit, they do have funny hats..

She was carrying a Beretta PX4 40 S&W by the way..

Your kids were great.

My daughters (15 and 17 who were filming the event in their Husky gear) also don't really point out guns and understand they are no big deal when being worn properly. I started with them when they were 2 years old. First it was don't touch tell an adult. And in the last few years they know how to handle and safely check a firearm.

They told many of thier friends at school what they did on Saturday and found some friends (girls) that want to go shooting with them!

Norman

imported post

They were great Kyle. You could tell they were a bored, but I didn't hear a peep out of them and you both were really attentive to them. They did great as far as I'm concerned. Beretta man myself, your wife has good taste.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
half my family un-friended me on Facebook because I posted this statement "Our Republic is not a Democracy. Just because people win elections does not mean they can legislate anything. The Constitution is our supreme law and must be strictly adhered to or our Republic will wither on the vine. If Obama can refuse to show his original birth certificate and spend millions to protect it from being revealed and still be president, our country is not long for this world. Its only a matter of time before the Constitution and Constitutional rights we all seem to hold dear no longer have any teeth."

Now how is that something vicious or bad? I certainly don't know... but at least 1/3 of my family emailed me after I wrote that and said that I was a horrible person and to not expect an invite to Thanksgiving ever again. They called me a racist because I felt that Obama should at least prove he was born in the US by showing his original birth certificate.... is that too friggin much to ask? The rest just unfriended me with no explanation.

Interestingly enough, I have not lost as many friends on Facebook as I have family... but the trend still exists... and of my friends, they think I hate Obama... and any explanation I try to give pertaining to the needed adherence to our Constitution falls on deaf ears or they also claim I must really hate Obama.

The biggest one I get is.... "Where were you during the 8 years of Bush??? Huh!!! Huh!?!" to which I respond... "Oh, I don't know... living in Asia for 12 years!!!" I voted Libertarian the whole time... AND I wrote letters... but I was dealing with other issues abroad..." That shuts them up... but other than that... they have nothing.

There are many reasons to dislike Obama and what he's doing, from both political spectrums, but the "why can't he produce his original birth certificate" stuff needs to go away entirely.

Let's follow along with my thought here, but let's say I decided in 2016 or 2020 to run for President of the United States. I would be qualified as I would be 35 years of age by the time I am sworn in to office, however because me and my parents moved repeatedly over the years, they do not have my original birth certificate. I was born only a few miles away from the Mexican border.

Do you think that I should somehow magically make my "original birth certificate" appear out of the ether before I should be allowed to run for President? Shouldn't the certified copy of my birth certificate from the State of Arizona suffice? I mean, I was born right next to the border, I could have possibly been born in either of the Mexican State's of Sonora or Baja California Norte since I was supposed to be born in a "border town".

If Obama can refuse to show his original birth certificate and spend millions to protect it from being revealed and still be president, our country is not long for this world

Because apparently you don't understand how the adversarial judicial process works. Since I am currently involved in federal civil rights litigation and work with my lawyer for strategies and legal research, I had to do a lot of study on federal judicial and constitutional procedure.

When you are sued, in order for you to win a defense, you either need to defend yourself personally, or hire lawyers. There were DOZENS if these suits kind of nationwide both in the state courts and in the federal courts, and then-Senator Obama had to hire lawyers to meet as defense against each and every suit. Lawyers are very expensive, especially for these sort of off the wall legal challenges in both state and federal court. The rule is: If you don't show up in court to defend yourself, you lose by default, and the plaintiffs legal arguments will win, even if they claim that the presidential candidate is a space alien.

Expecting someone to somehow save a birth certificate for 45 or 50 years from the hospital is ridiculous. Society today is too mobile for that. That is why we have the certified copy system for birth certificates which works to get a passport or a trusted traveler card (I have both). Given your standard, I could never qualify to be President because my "original" birth certificate system is missing, and even if I do somehow find it, they'd want to talk to the doctor who supervised my mother's delivery for me. Since he's dead now (the guy was in his 50's when he delivered me in the early 80's), they'll claim it's not a good enough and continue to challenge my "natural-born" status.

Previous attempts to "disqualify" Presidential candidates have focused on where one is actually born (For Senator McCain, he was born in the Panama Canal Zone, other candidates have been born on military bases, and in the case of Barry Goldwater, he was born when Arizona was not a state but a territory, not on whether or not they have their "original papers".

The reason for the racism claim is the perception that only Obama has been subject to these sort of questioning of their "original papers". Others still that unfriended you likely perceived you in a negative light as in "you believe that sort of BS? I guess my perception of your intelligence is wrong".

People discount you as a gun owner immediately when you spout "birther" rhetoric or in similar kind, make a statement that Obama can sign an agreement or a treaty with the UN to ban guns unilaterally (I actually overheard this in conversation during the 2A rally on saturday.

I deal in reality and facts. Treaties require 2/3rd vote of the US Senate (making any gun ban a political impossibility), and both executive agreements and treaties require compliance with the constitution per Reid v. Covert (1957).Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, and the certified copy of his birth certificate can be used to get a United States passport as a born US citizen without having seperate ICE papers that naturalized citizens are required to. There are numerous reasons to question the current President's policies than just questioning where he is born. Don't take the "cheap shot" rather than directly questioning his policies.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yep wrong thread but Gray is pointing out some very good falicies in someone's thinking. Washington for Liberty maybe striving for some good things but for the wrong reasons.

Could Barak have been born somewhere else, yes, but it can't be proven either way, I lived in Hawaii and I know what it is like, it is pheasable. The problem is that focusing on that is a distraction rather than focusing on his policies.

U.N. gun control won't happen even if a president and congress signed the treaty, the bill of rights, especially after incorporation, of the second ammendment will trump any "treaty".

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Yep wrong thread but Gray is pointing out some very good falicies in someone's thinking. Washington for Liberty maybe striving for some good things but for the wrong reasons.

Could Barak have been born somewhere else, yes, but it can't be proven either way, I lived in Hawaii and I know what it is like, it is pheasable. The problem is that focusing on that is a distraction rather than focusing on his policies.

U.N. gun control won't happen even if a president and congress signed the treaty, the bill of rights, especially after incorporation, of the second ammendment will trump any "treaty".

Is there some sort of move by the current President and Congress to sign a treaty with the U.N. which bans firearms in the States? I have seriously not read(e) anything about this.

Obama has policies that people do not agree with...that is not out of the ordinary for a President. I have not agreed with every policy of either Bush or Obama (I am only old enough to have voted for those two Presidents). I have always figured that when I disagree with a particular policy it means that I am just like every one else who has an opinion about what America should and should not be doing.

DEROS72

imported post

We are America and need to get out of this UN crap.We answer to no one..

You might want to read the Un report on small arms:

The U.N. Disarmament Scheme To Be Negotiated By The Clintons in JUNE
twg2a PitBull | April 27, 2010 at 06:30 | Categories: Miscellaneous, The United Nations | URL: http://wp.me/pMJTI-de
Small arms Report of the Secretary-General Summary Most present-day conflicts are fought primarily with small arms and light weapons. Such weapons are broadly used in inter-State conflict, and are the weapons of choice in civil wars and for terrorism, organized crime and gang warfare. The dividing lines between underdevelopment, instability, fragility, crisis, conflict and war [...]

Read more of this post

Add a comment to this post