• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia Rally

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Do people actually read link that they post? There is nothing in there concerning domestic US arms restrictions. This document discusses almost exclusively "illicit" firearms trade (internationally) and ownership throughout all the world (more specifically, internationally in states that are unstable) as well as appropriate disposal of surplus ammunition post-conflict.

Where is the gun-grabbing policy in here?

Where in this document is the proof thatthe government trying to take US law-abiding citizens firearms from them?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I didn't say there was a move for this. Simply pointing out that if there was it wouldn't be valid any way.

I understand the intent of your post. Sorry but there are times that I feel neck deep in "gun-grabber" theorists pontificating inaccurate BS.

Yes, hypothetically it is possible that Obama is actually a little Arian Hitler that is hell-bent on taking away our firearms then gassing all of us...about as likely as Palin being elected to President, EVER

If you were born in Hawaii also and you acknowledge that there are birth certificate issues in that state, is your natural born American citizenship in question also? Do you doubt your American born legitimacy or is it more convenient for you to question that "American-ness" of others around you that you might not agree with? I am not attacking you, just asking some real questions

This is one of the downsides of political figures calling one another "un-American." The public latch onto that pointless term and start flinging it at one another when disagreements arise, as they always do. We are like a bunch of monkey at the zoo swinging from trees throwing our excrement at one another. There seriously has to be a debate reboot in this country before we all descend in to complete stupidity.

If we are American and if America is something special and above all the BS that goes on around the world we need to prove it by digging ourselves out of the gutter of misinformation and false accusations.

Norman

imported post

Sylvia, it may not specifically quote us for disarmament, but it's pretty far out there regardless. We are our own country, we don't need to be singing up with the UN for anything.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

That is why although it could be feasable that he was not born in the U.S. it is at this point without any proof a useless and pointless argument.

He is american, many here are american that were not born here, but that isn't the issue. You are leaving out the detail that most people with birth certificates issued in Hawaii don't have a confusing timeline, of when their mother was in a foreign country or not.

Although I am not a "birther" I simply grasp how it is possible for this to happen, not only in Hawaii at that time but any state, especially in the very laid back and "relaxed" state of Hawaii. If a mother brought a baby into a hospital and said she gave birth at home, a doctor would have no reason to doubt her story and issue a birth certificate, especially in the early '60's.

Many people are concerned about the current administration's stance on guns because allthe past stance's before becoming a president has been very anti-gun. Andmost of the cabinent and whowas appointed as a Supreme court justice all seem to be anti-gun. So there is a worry.

DEROS72

imported post

Norman wrote:
Sylvia, it may not specifically quote us for disarmament, but it's pretty far out there regardless. We are our own country, we don't need to be singing up with the UN for anything.

Precisely Norman we need to get rid of the UN and never sign anything they propose.They are the most dangerous organization in history ...http://bobbyblue4u.multiply.com/journal/item/971

Watch the video at the bottom of this Page...

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

FWIU the US has held that we are not going to sign onto any treaty with the UN unless certain conditions were met and the conditions were not and will not be met. Regardless, as stated above, the US is a sovreign country with a Constitution and as such the treaty will be as worthless as the paper it is written on.

The UN was formed after WWII, so yes, you are right, it could not stop WWII because it did not exist. That is not to say it would have stopped WWII, just saying that it did not exist.

Obama and most anti-firearm congress-people realize that firearm restrictions on the Federal level are a loss politically. Hence the 60 Democrats that right off the bat after the election vowed they would have no part of firearm restriction legislation...many of those Democrats are in the pro-gun states and know it would be political suicide--a fact they are very much aware of.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Many people are concerned about the current administration's stance on guns because allthe past stance's before becoming a president has been very anti-gun. Andmost of the cabinent and whowas appointed as a Supreme court justice all seem to be anti-gun. So there is a worry.

Yes, Obama is from Chicago where there is a ban on firearms. That ban existed before him. The people he is replacing the Supreme Court with are liberals...makes sense. Conservatives have for the most part have supported conservatives tot he bench and liberals support liberals...nothing unique about Obama's stance.

Since this is a thread about the rally last weekend maybe we should talk about that. Are our rights under attack in Washington State?...not as much as it seemed. Gregoire in response to the police shootings did not even touch restricting firearms because she knows it is a losing battle. What I would like to see lifted is college campus carry but that is a campus issue and a Constitutional issue, not an RCW issue.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:

Yes, Obama is from Chicago where there is a ban on firearms. That ban existed before him. The people he is replacing the Supreme Court with are liberals...makes sense. Conservatives have for the most part have supported conservatives tot he bench and liberals support liberals...nothing unique about Obama's stance.

Since this is a thread about the rally last weekend maybe we should talk about that. Are our rights under attack in Washington State?...not as much as it seemed. Gregoire in response to the police shootings did not even touch restricting firearms because she knows it is a losing battle. What I would like to see lifted is college campus carry but that is a campus issue and a Constitutional issue, not an RCW issue.

The president's own words and votes in the past concerning firearms are what people are concerned about, not where he is from. His cabinent and appointments own words and history on firearms have folks concerned. They all for the most part have been very negative on firearms. I think the highlighted part of your post above is very much the same reason they haven't done much about it Federally either.

Let's not forget that our state constitution is actually more strong than the federal one concerning gun's. Gregoire would have had big big battle to change that, especially when she narrowly "won" the gov. position the last two times. I am fairly certain that she won't win this time even if she chooses to run.

kyle.huff

[no reference to THAT Kyle Huff...], Washington, U
imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
The UN was formed after WWII, so yes, you are right, it could not stop WWII because it did not exist. That is not to say it would have stopped WWII, just saying that it did not exist.
I don't mean to nit-pick, but I think this is fairly import to note, as it affects sudden valley gunner's credibility; sudden valley gunner said, and I quote:

The League of Nation's started by Woodrow wilson after WWI was useless and did nothing to prevent WWII.
He said nothing of the United Nations founding - The League of Nations was kicked off in 1919 - WWII was from 1939 to 1945. What sudden valley gunner said was accurate and credible.

Otherwise I have no comments concerning the particular discussion, just following it, I thought that to be something important to point out.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

kyle.huff wrote
I don't mean to nit-pick, but I think this is fairly import to note, as it affects sudden valley gunner's credibility; sudden valley gunner said, and I quote:

The League of Nation's started by Woodrow wilson after WWI was useless and did nothing to prevent WWII.
He said nothing of the United Nations founding - The League of Nations was kicked off in 1919 - WWII was from 1939 to 1945. What sudden valley gunner said was accurate and credible.

Otherwise I have no comments concerning the particular discussion, just following it, I thought that to be something important to point out.

It is still Gunners fault!:lol:....Thank you for pointing that out. When I read(e) it I thought about the UN and responded.

Gunner, I am sorry:D. Kyle, thank you.;)

Squeak

imported post

Be vigilant, my friends. Nothing from this administration surprises me. Good video. At least the Japanese were smart enough as to not invade America.

Norman

imported post

*drool* Yeah

url]

DEROS72

imported post

OOOOH ...Aaaaaah .yeah thats really nice but wake up guys befor you don't have it anymore..

[size=[url=http://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.php&id=1792758384&mid=23f007cG216f8010G593f02fG0&n_m=jhartman@cableone.net]Julie Anderson][/size][/url]April 25, 2010 at 10:06pm

[size=(no subject)][/size]

[size=On Wednesday, Obama][/size] took the first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control (Arms Trades Treaty Resolution and U.N. Small Arms Treaty), the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress (Article ll, Section 2, Clause 2, U.S. Constitution). Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment. This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.