• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Registry?

kdick3

imported post

Again,

What have YOU accomplished by "kicking the bull?"

Third time:

Thanks for contributing to the disarmament of 35,000+ students.

Until anyone tells me what "stirring the pot" has accomplished in the last 10 years, I won't believe it does any good. ;)

A list of things you all have personally accomplished yourselves, will do. And I'm not talking about the NRA, LSA, or anything like that (since a few of you seem very anti-organizations). And none of this, "we've raised awareness" bullsh*t. I raise awareness on a daily basis carrying an empty holster to school and I don't count that as a "personal accomplishment."

The people I'm speaking to know who they are. This is not an attack. I'm genuinely curious as to how "stirring the pot" has helped in any way, shape, or form.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
Again,

Third time:

Until anyone tells me what "stirring the pot" has accomplished in the last 10 years, I won't believe it does any good. ;)

A list of things you all have personally accomplished yourselves, will do. And I'm not talking about the NRA, LSA, or anything like that (since a few of you seem very anti-organizations). And none of this, "we've raised awareness" bullsh*t. I raise awareness on a daily basis carrying an empty holster to school and I don't count that as a "personal accomplishment."

The people I'm speaking to know who they are. This is not an attack. I'm genuinely curious as to how "stirring the pot" has helped in any way, shape, or form.
You really can't be serious.

Do the names Brad Krause and Mark Marchiafava mean anything to you?

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
Again,

Third time:

You really can't be serious.

Do the names Brad Krause and Mark Marchiafava mean anything to you?
Mark Marchiafava?

Never heard of him.

P.S. Thanks for the smart-ass comment :)

By the way, I don't consider the BPS ordeal a big win... Because let's face it. It's not.

Edit: Also, if possible can we keep the sucking up to a minimum? We're all adults here.

kdick3

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Oops, can't do that.
According to your hero/mentor, nolacopusmc, that would qualify as "self-promotion."

I'll leave you to argue with someone else, as you are NOT the least bit interested in truly being a free man.
Point and case I guess.

Is it really you don't want to gloat? Or you just really have nothing substantial to gloat about? In the mean time associations like the NRA, LSA, and SCCC fight for YOUR right to go "stir your pot". Stir away Mr. Marchiafava, you can thank the real "heroes of the cause" for your ability to do so. But when you do, remember, you're hurting more than just your own public image.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
Oops, can't do that.
According to your hero/mentor, nolacopusmc, that would qualify as "self-promotion."

I'll leave you to argue with someone else, as you are NOT the least bit interested in truly being a free man.
Point and case I guess.

Is it really you don't want to gloat? Or you just really have nothing substantial to gloat about? In the mean time associations like the NRA, LSA, and SCCC fight for YOUR right to go "stir your pot". Stir away Mr. Marchiafava, you can thank the real "heroes of the cause" for your ability to do so. But when you do, remember, you're hurting more than just your own public image.
You're officially a troll.

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
Oops, can't do that.

Point and case I guess.

Why am I a troll?

And what kind of substance have you added to this conversation? Except sucking up to Mark and co-signing everything he says? And you call me the troll.... :lol:

Please don't de-rail the thread any further than I have. I'd really like to know what "kicking the bull" has accomplished for the OC cause? Other than negatively affecting others who are REALLY fighting for your / mine / our rights.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

ROFL !@#!

I just spit my sweet tea all over my keyboard!

You calling someone a Troll !?!?

pot-kettle-black.jpg

hypocrite.jpg

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you read around this board a bit you find hundreds of small victories that were initiated when OCers bumped into anti-gunners. Local store managers corrected by the main office, cities and counties reversed by preemption statutes, etc...

Washington must be approaching 100 reversals alone. The only way that happens is if people OC and either actively look for opportunities or accidentally bump into an anti.

No OC, no opportunity.

WA has gone from zero to (nearly) universal acceptance of OC in a few years because a very active core of folks kept pushing it, hard. (Thanks gents.)

No reason any other place can't do the same. Several states in fact have.

The folks making this effort get enough stress from these confrontations. I'd recommend we try to support them a bit more here at OCDO.

Don't like some one's manner, presentation, grammer, style of dress? Think all OCers should present the same image?

I disagree. All manner of people should OC. It is a right for everyone. Even folks you don't like. Especially the folks the government doesn't like.

Carry on.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
Why am I a troll?
Because you're anti OC, and you won't support those doing the heavy lifting. In fact, you're attacking them.

You're trying to get us to do nothing under some magical promise that rights will appear, when you and Dustin both know that such a course will produce no improvement in OC, exactly what both of you want.

Dustin

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
If you read around this board a bit you find hundreds of small victories that were initiated when OCers bumped into anti-gunners. Local store managers corrected by the main office, cities and counties reversed by preemption statutes, etc...

Washington must be approaching 100 reversals alone. The only way that happens is if people OC and either actively look for opportunities or accidentally bump into an anti.

No OC, no opportunity.

WA has gone from zero to (nearly) universal acceptance of OC in a few years because a very active core of folks kept pushing it, hard. (Thanks gents.)

The folks making this effort get enough stress from these confrontations. I'd recommend we try to support them a bit more here at OCDO.

Don't like some one's manner, presentation, grammer, style of dress? Think all OCers should present the same image?

I disagree. All manner of people should OC. It is a right for everyone. Even folks you don't like. Especially the folks the government doesn't like.

Carry on.

+1 :)

BulletProof

imported post

As always the whole point to OC gets clouded by a bunch of jibberish. Everyones here talking about "Winning" our rights and freedoms.. THEY ARE ALREADY RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, whats to win?

Now it is a simple matter of Felxing those rights. Some chose the "in your face" approach, and now people are comparing that to the black civil rights movement, well then lets be honest, the majority of those who tried the "in your face" approach, were Hanged and Shot, so if Mark and 357 want to try that approach, let them be, Mark can be like MLK, not worth a @#$% until he got shot,lol. Maybe we will look back in the History books and there will be 357 swinging from a tree with 200 anti-gunners standing around,lol. Lets face it, those types of events did far more for the cause than anything else in the 60's, i an not opposed to making Mark and .357 a Martyr. If they are voulenteering, then i say let them be!

Funny thing is that i agree that sometimes you have to stir the pot as some call it, but first you have to use the RIGHT INGREDIENTS IN THE DAMN SOUP.

A man only has the rights which he can defend.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
You're trying to get us to do nothing under some magical promise that rights will appear, when you and Dustin both know that such a course will produce no improvement in OC, exactly what both of you want.
Yet another strawman. :quirky
Man your on a roll today.

I think you should take the time to READ the post in this topic.

Your problem seems to be that if someone disagree's with you,

THEYMUST BEWRONG !

That's a sad state to be in sir.

I'm so against OC, that I OC everywhere I go, anddo not have a CHPPermit. Should I be doing the opposite?

I've been here supporting the OC Movement before you got here, and I've done so also at EVERY range I've ever gone to. I've been spreading the word bird, and OC.ing way before I ever joined this site. Now you show up out of no where and since then this place is LOST members. Heck some of them don't even bother to post here anymore.

Louisiana Carry ring a bell?

AGAIN, you should go back through this topic, and pick out ALL the questions that you refuse to answer and try answering them. You MIGHT learn something.

Dustin

imported post

BulletProof wrote:
well then lets be honest, the majority of those who tried the "in your face" approach, were Hanged and Shot, so if Mark and 357 want to try that approach, let them be,

That's whatI said earlier, but somehow ifyou disagree with that exact method, thenyou must be a retard who hates OC. :quirky

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
Why am I a troll?
Because you're anti OC, and you won't support those doing the heavy lifting. In fact, you're attacking them.

You need to practice up on your trolling, my friend.

I've said on multiple occasions that I OC. I carry an empty holster to school every day at LSU. I don't even HAVE a CC permit yet, but when I get one I'm going to CC AND OC.

Heavy lifting? You're doing the heavy lifting? Clearly you have not read my other posts. How many times have you been to the state legislature to lobby for (or against) a bill? Or are you too busy bullying door greeters at various privately owned stores? And you think you're the only one doing heavy lifting?

Thanks for trying, come back again!

kdick3

imported post

Jim675 wrote:

No OC, no opportunity.

Carry on.
I agree with you for the most part, Jim. These encounters are necessary. Every time I have my empty holster on and someone passes me on their way to class and asks, "Hey, why are you carrying a gun?" I politely inform them, "I'm not carrying a gun, it's just an empty holster in protest for the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus movement. I'm showing all would-be rapists, robbers, and any other bad guy that I'm disarmed and defenseless." And they say, "Oh, okay!" And they move on. Maybe they thing, "Man, that guy is wacko" or maybe they think, "Dang, he does have a point." Either way, I leave them that option and they are more opt to say, "That makes a lot of sense! Why should I disarm myself if the LSU-PD can't even protect us students? Who's going to protect me?"

If I were to say, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're so naive! Have you ever HEARD of the US Constitution or the 2nd Amendment?" what do you think they would walk away saying?

Or if I marched straight into the Chancellors office with my empty holster and demanded to speak with him and yelled at him about how he publicly offered dissent to the SCCC bill in the legislature do you think he'd change his mind at all? Not a chance in Hell. Instead I'd be reaffirming his belief that all gun owners are "nut-jobs" and he'd have me arrested because he felt "threatened." Then where would I be? Sharing an LSU PD jail cell with Bubba and the Chancellor would be even MORE against guns on campus.

This is not me plugging the SCCC movement at all. I'm simply using this as an example.

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
BulletProof wrote:
lets be honest, the majority of those who tried the "in your face" approach, were Hanged and Shot
We'll be honest as soon as you can justify that dumb$hit claim.
Removed to remain somewhat civil.

By the way, for someone so against personal attacks (as you stated in other threads) you sure do like to turn to them when you've got nothing better to say.