• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Registry?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
BulletProof wrote:
lets be honest, the majority of those who tried the "in your face" approach, were Hanged and Shot
We'll be honest as soon as you can justify that dumb$hit claim.
Removed to remain somewhat civil.

By the way, for someone so against personal attacks (as you stated in other threads) you sure do like to turn to them when you've got nothing better to say.
Oh, God, not another one of these tag-teams of lesser lights who make ignorant statements then make a faux show of standing up for each other's feelings when upbraided.

So you really think that the majority of participants in the Civil Rights Movement were "hanged and shot?"

You said you were in some sort of college? You might want to confirm this "fact" with any of the History faculty.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
Jim675 wrote: SNIP:
Or if I marched straight into the Chancellors office with my empty holster and demanded to speak with him and yelled at him about how he publicly offered dissent to the SCCC bill in the legislature do you think he'd change his mind at all? Not a chance in Hell. Instead I'd be reaffirming his belief that all gun owners are "nut-jobs" and he'd have me arrested because he felt "threatened." Then where would I be? Sharing an LSU PD jail cell with Bubba and the Chancellor would be even MORE against guns on campus.
Sure he'd be offended. But no one above was yelling at the public that I saw.

Let's say the school you attend has a central quad area that's popular for students to use for meetings / stumping / skate boarding and a professor-looking type said "Get your evil holster out of here!", would you?

Maybe some nearby students chimed in and agreed.

Would you leave never to return faux-armed?

Or would you attempt to tell him/her that they're misinformed and keep coming back whether they swing to your side or not?

The fact that you disputed their opinion does not make you confrontational. The fact that you return, dressed as you wish, does not make you a bully.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
If you read around this board a bit you find hundreds of small victories that were initiated when OCers bumped into anti-gunners. Local store managers corrected by the main office, cities and counties reversed by preemption statutes, etc...

Washington must be approaching 100 reversals alone. The only way that happens is if people OC and either actively look for opportunities or accidentally bump into an anti.

No OC, no opportunity.

WA has gone from zero to (nearly) universal acceptance of OC in a few years because a very active core of folks kept pushing it, hard. (Thanks gents.)

No reason any other place can't do the same. Several states in fact have.

The folks making this effort get enough stress from these confrontations. I'd recommend we try to support them a bit more here at OCDO.

Don't like some one's manner, presentation, grammer, style of dress? Think all OCers should present the same image?

I disagree. All manner of people should OC. It is a right for everyone. Even folks you don't like. Especially the folks the government doesn't like.

Carry on.

Nice post, Jim. It goes to the heart of what this board is about. Perhaps we can all strive to keep this in mind when someone posts about something that doesn't quite fit our own view of how things ought to be.

We can still have vigorous discussion; but perhaps without the level of vitriol that has been evidenced of late.

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
BulletProof wrote:
lets be honest, the majority of those who tried the "in your face" approach, were Hanged and Shot
We'll be honest as soon as you can justify that dumb$hit claim.
Removed to remain somewhat civil.

By the way, for someone so against personal attacks (as you stated in other threads) you sure do like to turn to them when you've got nothing better to say.
Oh, God, not another one of these tag-teams of lesser lights who make ignorant statements then make a faux show of standing up for each other's feelings when upbraided.

So you really think that the majority of participants in the Civil Rights Movement were "hanged and shot?"

You said you were in some sort of college? You might want to confirm this "fact" with any of the History faculty.
Don't you condescend me! If you have anything of substance to add to this conversation then feel free to add it. If not then leave.

I'm not standing up for others' feelings. Its funny how hypocritical you are. When I came here blasting MEM about his freedom cycle you were the first one to jump in front and cry out, "Lookout Mark! It's another one of those bayou shooters! They just come here and try to hurt your feelings!" You stuck up for him like he was your father. Maybe he is, I don't know. What I do know is you have yet to answer my questions...

kdick3 wrote:
Instead, where have your efforts gotten you?
kdick3 wrote:
What have YOU accomplished by "kicking the bull?"

Third time:

Thanks for contributing to the disarmament of 35,000+ students.

Until anyone tells me what "stirring the pot" has accomplished in the last 10 years, I won't believe it does any good. ;)

A list of things you all have personally accomplished yourselves, will do. And I'm not talking about the NRA, LSA, or anything like that (since a few of you seem very anti-organizations). And none of this, "we've raised awareness" bullsh*t. I raise awareness on a daily basis carrying an empty holster to school and I don't count that as a "personal accomplishment."

The people I'm speaking to know who they are. This is not an attack. I'm genuinely curious as to how "stirring the pot" has helped in any way, shape, or form.

kdick3 wrote:
I'd really like to know what "kicking the bull" has accomplished for the OC cause?
Jim has been the ONLY one to answer any of my questions, but you only seem interested in bashing what other people have to say.

You know what we call that? A forum troll.

So, Jim, you've made some really good points. None of which I disagree with. Smoking357, let's hear what you've done. Not Mark. You. Since you love to avoid the topic so much, here it is... I'm calling you out. What have YOU done?

kdick3

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
Jim675 wrote: SNIP:
Or if I marched straight into the Chancellors office with my empty holster and demanded to speak with him and yelled at him about how he publicly offered dissent to the SCCC bill in the legislature do you think he'd change his mind at all? Not a chance in Hell. Instead I'd be reaffirming his belief that all gun owners are "nut-jobs" and he'd have me arrested because he felt "threatened." Then where would I be? Sharing an LSU PD jail cell with Bubba and the Chancellor would be even MORE against guns on campus.
Sure he'd be offended. But no one above was yelling at the public that I saw.

Let's say the school you attend has a central quad area that's popular for students to use for meetings / stumping / skate boarding and a professor-looking type said "Get your evil holster out of here!", would you?

Maybe some nearby students chimed in and agreed.

Would you leave never to return faux-armed?

Or would you attempt to tell him/her that they're misinformed and keep coming back whether they swing to your side or not?

The fact that you disputed their opinion does not make you confrontational. The fact that you return, dressed as you wish, does not make you a bully.

I agree, I would do just that.

What I would NOT do is round up some friends and go out of my way JUST to spend time in the Quad with the intentions of stirring up trouble. That is bullying in my opinion.

If you had a reason to be in the Quad on a daily basis then no, I'm not saying you should remove your empty holster. Go there with it on. But don't go there with the sole intentions of looking for "sheeple to educate" because that's asking for trouble.

Just like a store. If a store doesn't want you there Open Carrying, take your business elsewhere. It's that easy...

DannyAbear

imported post

kdick3 wrote:

Third time:

Until anyone tells me what "stirring the pot" has accomplished in the last 10 years, I won't believe it does any good.

I think to have contributed to 'disarming 35,000 students, they would have to have been able to be 'armed' in the first place, which they were not;

You don't happen to be NOLACOPS little brother, huh?

kdick3

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
kdick3 wrote:

Third time:

Until anyone tells me what "stirring the pot" has accomplished in the last 10 years, I won't believe it does any good.

I think to have contributed to 'disarming 35,000 students, they would have to have been able to be 'armed' in the first place, which they were not;

No I'm not.

Please see my response(s) to Smoking357.

Edit: Made a mental note and added to you the ever-growing list of people who are too dumb to think of an intelligent response and instead resort to flinging personal attacks... Seems that Jim is the only one here who cares to explain your "side" civilly. He is NOT on the list. :)

Oscarr

imported post

kdick3 wrote:

What I would NOT do is round up some friends and go out of my way JUST to spend time in the Quad with the intentions of stirring up trouble. That is bullying in my opinion.

If you had a reason to be in the Quad on a daily basis then no, I'm not saying you should remove your empty holster. Go there with it on. But don't go there with the sole intentions of looking for "sheeple to educate" because that's asking for trouble.

Just like a store. If a store doesn't want you there Open Carrying, take your business elsewhere. It's that easy...
Hi kdick3, I just wanted to throw in a comment on the above bolded part. I in -part- agree with you. I say in part cause I believe that OC'ers are a minority in America, hell they're a minority just within the gun-owning community, so I think how we put our foot forward does count.

But I disagree about the 'not going there with the sole intention to educate' -- why not? It's not bullying to me, it'd be just like any other protest/public-talks/demonstrations you see people doing. I mean there's people that stand up and scream about banning guns, having public demonstrations, etc, why can't we have them to?

Wouldn't it fall under the right to peaceably assemble covered by the FIRST ammendment?

Edit: Going by the logic of 'bullying' - I don't want to see anymore animal rights activists demonstrations in shreveport, naked (body painted) chicks talking about how horrible I am for killing animals for food. I find it to be bullying ;) -- now, I'm not trying to be a smartass here, really I'm not, just trying to prove a point. Hope it came across correctly in the text. ;)

rmansu2

imported post

STOP!!!

This Post was started in reference to places OC'ers are welcome not who could sling the most mud. If you must attack each other, some of us would appreciate it if you could keep it to yourself. Or to thosepost with topicsstarted for that purpose. I'm sure FishingBack didn't start this postin hopes to see this childish bickering. Now if anyone else would like to answer his question I am sureitwould be much appreciated.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
When I came here blasting MEM about his freedom cycle
I know. Your only purpose here is to troll.

You should have come here to work for OC. Who comes to a group and "blasts" one of its senior members who has sacrificed so much for our rights? What sort of poor manners were you raised with?

You'll get a better reception if you stop this "blasting" attitude and work toward the common goal of full and unfettered OC. You agree with this goal, right?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:
kdick3 wrote:

Third time:

No I'm not.

Edit: Made a mental note and added to you the ever-growing list of people who are too dumb to think of an intelligent response and instead resort to flinging personal attacks... Seems that Jim is the only one here who cares to explain your "side" civilly. He is NOT on the list. :)
So you "blast" Mark; you call Abear "dumb," and you believe the majority of those involved in the Civil Rights Movement were hanged and shot. You're a great addition to this place.

You're walking around a college campus with an empty holster, and you're telling the rest us not to fight too hard for OC?

kdick3

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
kdick3 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:
kdick3 wrote:

Third time:

No I'm not.

So you "blast" Mark; you call Abear "dumb," and you believe the majority of those involved in the Civil Rights Movement were hanged and shot. You're a great addition to this place.

You're walking around a college campus with an empty holster, and you're telling the rest us not to fight too hard for OC?
You never quit do you?

Have you read anything I've said?

I'm for OC'ing blah blah blah. Stop trying to paint me as an asshole invader to your beloved forums and answer my questions. You sit here and call me a troll? All I did was disagree and the flame fest took off.

All I want is some intelligent input to the conversation, instead of this bulls**t.

I'm done. Commence the flame fest, if that's all you want to do. I think I've made my point, well received or not. I've heard your arguments (the good ones, at least) and I hear where you're coming from (those of you who decided to answer them anyway).

By the way, I'm not against protesting, I've been to many protests. I'm against protesting with the intent of causing trouble. Raising awareness is fine, pissing people off because you think you have the "right" to do so is not.

BulletProof

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

See thats exactly what you do, remove data so that you have an argument, i said Majority of "in your face" activists got shot and hanged..

in case you arent aware, heres a memorial to them.. now show me the list of names of "in your face" activists that werent killed.

Questioning my IQ is a direction that you really shouldnt go. I may not type in correct grammar, but i can assure you my ability to just know everything is about as substantial as your ability to totally turn things around to suit your argument.

any chance you will just say "oh umm ok im wrong"? or will you do as always and try to twist this into something else to hide your ignorance? BTW, the later is not working, everyone has learned to enter any thread in which you post, with a pair of rubber boots.

usal38168.jpeg

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
You'll get a better reception if you stop this "blasting" attitude and work toward the common goal of full and unfettered OC.

Believe me, he's not the one withthe reception issue here.

And as far as anyone can tell, yes DannyAbear displays a level of ignorance and trollism.

Let's take a look at all "9" of his post.
#1:
DannyAbear wrote:
Small world, huh?

Shorty - also of 27.205 hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2:
DannyAbear wrote:
Now, now; that boy gives new meaning to the word dumb. Good Buddy

#3:
DannyAbear wrote:
+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000

#4:
DannyAbear wrote:
You would not be in a corner, if, after having been banned, you did not come back with your new BS name....................

#5:
DannyAbear wrote:
+10000

There should be something on florida for you to preach about, insted of worrying about us in La.

Wonder what happened to nolacopwannabe, must not be able to come up with new name to get back on yet..

Or maybe there was a hurricane today and he's busy collecting his share of other peoples 'stuff', that is what the nopd does, isn't it/

#6:
DannyAbear wrote:
Well, NOLACOPDICK, I see it didn't take too long to come up with another name?

#7:
You copy/pasted My article from BS.com about BPS.

#8:
DannyAbear wrote:
But we will probably end up with another holiday next year

#9:
DannyAbear wrote:

Yep, I can just feel the wisdom and passioncoming out of his posts, can'tyou?

Pathetic ....

kdick3

imported post

Oscarr wrote:
kdick3 wrote:

Hi kdick3, I just wanted to throw in a comment on the above bolded part. I in -part- agree with you. I say in part cause I believe that OC'ers are a minority in America, hell they're a minority just within the gun-owning community, so I think how we put our foot forward does count.

But I disagree about the 'not going there with the sole intention to educate' -- why not? It's not bullying to me, it'd be just like any other protest/public-talks/demonstrations you see people doing. I mean there's people that stand up and scream about banning guns, having public demonstrations, etc, why can't we have them to?

Wouldn't it fall under the right to peaceably assemble covered by the FIRST ammendment?

Edit: Going by the logic of 'bullying' - I don't want to see anymore animal rights activists demonstrations in shreveport, naked (body painted) chicks talking about how horrible I am for killing animals for food. I find it to be bullying ;) -- now, I'm not trying to be a smartass here, really I'm not, just trying to prove a point. Hope it came across correctly in the text. ;)
You're right, I agree with you. I think there's a time and a place for everything.

When I refer to bullying, I'm not speaking about where you are / what you are doing more so how you go about doing it. The "in your face" condescending approach that seems to be taken so often when people are arguing any subject is what I'm referring to as bullying. I don't believe that approach does any good for yourself or anyone associated with your cause.

Edit: Also when I said "don't go there with the sole intentions of looking for "sheeple to educate" " I meant going there taking the "in your face" / condescending road (which is why I used the term "sheeple"). People don't respond well to that kind of behavior.

Oscarr

imported post

Thanks for clearing up your meaning kdick3, I think 95% of the arguments 'we' (meaning anyone here on these forums) have is due to a lot of miscommunication, lack of inflection in voice, etc.

kdick3

imported post

Oscarr wrote:
Thanks for clearing up your meaning kdick3, I think 95% of the arguments 'we' (meaning anyone here on these forums) have is due to a lot of miscommunication, lack of inflection in voice, etc.
Yeah, it's hard to tell what people mean when you can't hear them say it. :lol:

Dustin

imported post

DannyAbear wrote:
--Deleted--

Just making a point. :)

Your free topost all the troll talking smack you like, I could careless. It's just more rif-raf to sift through.

Eitherway in that year you seem to have how many post flaming Nola alone ? 7 of your now 10 post have been made in the past two days.

Doesn't sound like you learned too much in that year.

What pisses people off is when people pop in here, say smart ass things with NO substance and then pop out. That's called trolling.

:cool:

turbodog

imported post

FishingBack wrote:
I know that MEM and others have been practicing OC and raising awareness.

I wonder if there is a log of businesses that are identified as OC friendly or hostile?

Has there been much OC activity in NWLA? I heard about the infamous incident in the Ruston Walmart. I'd be up for an OC trip up here.
Fishingback,

Very little of what's been posted has to do with the your topic. Please accept my apology as a member of this forum for what your thread has degenerated into.