• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE DANBUS FUND

doug23838

imported post

Sent via PayPal.

I have to admit. I love using PayPal ( a patently anti-gun ) orgnization to help provide for the legal defense of an OC'er.

There is satisfaction in the delicious irony.

elliotkm

imported post

doug23838 wrote:
Sent via PayPal.

I have to admit. I love using PayPal ( a patently anti-gun ) orgnization to help provide for the legal defense of an OC'er.

There is satisfaction in the delicious irony.
One of the main reasons that I haven't shifted VCDL away from PAYPAL.:lol:

Mack Elliott

2a4all

imported post

I tried to post again at Pilot Online, and saw this after I clicked "submit":

This comment is awaiting staff approval.

Submitted on Sat, 10/18/2008 at 1:16 am.

The membership of OpenCarry.org has established The Danbus Fund to help with Danladi Moore's legal expenses incurred in his defense against trespassing charges filed by the City of Norfolk while he was exercising his constitutional right to carry a firearm at Waterside.

Start here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17293.html for the info on why we are getting up donations for his legal defense.

Contributions can be made to:
The Danbus Fund
First Market Bank
11101 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond VA 23235
or via PayPal

TFred

imported post

da7f2q8 wrote:
I tried to post again at Pilot Online, and saw this after I clicked "submit":

This comment is awaiting staff approval.

Submitted on Sat, 10/18/2008 at 1:16 am.

The membership of OpenCarry.org has established The Danbus Fund to help with Danladi Moore's legal expenses incurred in his defense against trespassing charges filed by the City of Norfolk while he was exercising his constitutional right to carry a firearm at Waterside.

Start here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17293.html for the info on why we are getting up donations for his legal defense.

Contributions can be made to:
The Danbus Fund
First Market Bank
11101 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond VA 23235
or via PayPal
Sounds like you have been blacklisted.

Did you happen to read through the terms and conditions? I wonder if they cover anything you might be saying here? (Not that you should have before posting, hardly anyone does...)

Those who know they cannot win in a fair fight, have no reason to fight fair.
(Paraphrase from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie...)

TFred

sidestreet

imported post

Made my "first installment" with skidmark this morning at the breakfast.

Thanks for standing up for all of us, Dan.

We are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

sidestreet

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

It's too bad we could not get NIGHTLINE to do a follow-up story on Dan since they interviewed him at the VCDL picnic. See Dan at 5:44 in the clip below.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/mY8XxVmSpCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mY8XxVmSpCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash[/flash]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:
savery wrote:
Skidmark,

Any way you can give us a counter of how much the fund is up to?

I'll post on a weekly basis unless there is a real interest in daily totals. I'm not going to give the initial deposit amount for personal reasons. As of this very moment that is the only deposit in the fund.

I've asked someone I trust to try using PayPal to make a token deposit to verify that it can be done. As soon as that has been taken care of I'll post the PayPay account info for those that want to use it. GearPay is down so will take a while longer to set up an account.

stay safe.

skidmark
I'll take mine first thing Monday!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

peter nap wrote:
skidmark wrote:
savery wrote:
Skidmark,

Any way you can give us a counter of how much the fund is up to?

I'll post on a weekly basis unless there is a real interest in daily totals. I'm not going to give the initial deposit amount for personal reasons. As of this very moment that is the only deposit in the fund.

I've asked someone I trust to try using PayPal to make a token deposit to verify that it can be done. As soon as that has been taken care of I'll post the PayPay account info for those that want to use it. GearPay is down so will take a while longer to set up an account.

stay safe.

skidmark
I'll take mine first thing Monday!
Skidmark Wrote:
I have opened "The Danbus Fund" at First Market Bank. This is an account where you can donate to
danbus's legal defense of the trespassing charge.

Donations can be made by going to any First Market Bank branch and telling them you want to make a deposit to "The Danbus Fund." In a few minutes I will have set up PayPal an

Sorry Skid, I quoted the wrong post...what I meant was since I was local, I would drop it by instead of mailing it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/

MoneyExchange competes with PayPal and does not dislike gun owners like PayPal/ebay.

I just signed up. Plus.. it does not take any fees off the top like PayPal does.. so if you donate 100.00, the other person GETS the entire 100 bucks!

Ed

Unless you use a credit/debit card, PayPal does not take any $$ off the top. Also, I can only get 5 donations via credit/debit before I'd have to upgrade to paying for the service, which I will not be doing. So -

PLEASE DO NOT USE CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TO DONATE.

I'll look into setting up an account with revolutionmoneyexchange, and will be setting up an account with GearPay as soon as their site is back up for business.

I've gotten a few cash donations that need to be deposited so will get a total and post it later today.

Thanks to all who have donated.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:

MoneyExchange competes with PayPal and does not dislike gun owners like PayPal/ebay.

I just signed up. Plus.. it does not take any fees off the top like PayPal does.. so if you donate 100.00, the other person GETS the entire 100 bucks!

Ed

There will be NO account with revolutionmoneyexchange. They only accept checking account tranactions and The Danbus Fund is set up in a savings account.

Should have tried to set up the account first, then posted the info. Sorry for tying up bandwidth.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PLEASE STOP USING CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS WITH PayPal :exclaim:

Sorry for the loudness, but PayPal is taking $$ off the top if you use a credit or debit card.

You can link to your checking account and have the $$ come directly from there.

Again, thanks to everyone who has donated or is going to donate.

stay safe.

skidmark

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

skidmark wrote:

Sorry for the loudness, but PayPal is taking $$ off the top if you use a credit or debit card.
Thats why I said:

ed wrote:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
skidmark wrote:

Thats why I said:

ed wrote:

Again - There will be NO account with revolutionmoneyexchange. They only accept checking account tranactions and The Danbus Fund is set up in a savings account.

skidmark