• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would it take for you to revolt?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The goal here is the normalization of the right to open carry handguns in our normal everyday lives.

One key aspect in normalization is that the action is no longer on the bleeding edge of the envelope. As long as that very narrow notion is all OCDO supports, it will never be normalized as there will be nothing else in contrast. Open Carry will always be for 'that guy' until someone takes it further and becomes the new 'that guy.' Denial of this reality guarantees that Open Cary will never be normalized and the stated goal undermined by those claiming to seek it...

Lets keep trying the problem, it MUST be the solution... I bet if I shoot myself in the foot a second time, it'll be magically healed... Maybe we can hump our way to Virginity, or spend out way out of Debt, too...

Is OCDO too big to fail?

Dumb.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The problem with that is, who do you classify as a "Domestic Enemy"? Is it all politicians or just some of them? And if it is the politicians, why is killing them necessary when they can be simply voted out?

The so-called terrorists could have changed the world for the better with one simple alteration of their tactics.

We would love them as much as our own children if only they had flown those planes into the capital building while congress was in session, instead of the World Trade Center.

Instead, they attacked civilians. They forget, the majority of america does not like or want it's own government. the notion of unity, and the reason so many foreign nations hate us, is that they believe we stand behind our governments decisions and actions, and we don't. The bastards are out of control.

We let it get this bad. We have no choice but to admit that. A little help, or a big help, would have been appreciated. Instead, they came after us... Dumb.

Thinking Americans and 'the terrorists' were on the same page until then; we needed help kicking our government's ass. We needed it! Now.... Fail. It has grown like that big blob in the movie Evolution. It is far worse than it ever was, and the one group of people crazy enough to help us, have made themselves into enemies...

False Flag? Perfect...

Last edited:

Jack House

Is the government doing any of those things?
If the government was doing those things I thought required open hostilities to stop, then would I not be out there instead of in here answer this question? Thought provoking indeed.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Motofixxer

There are many people--in VERY high places of the US and State Governments--who ALREADY think that the majority of the people in the US are revolting.

And THAT, dear friend, is the problem--our Servants think they are our Masters, and they think that WE are somehow beneath them...

Speaking of...I just found this it's captivating

[video=youtube;pcGSd4-1xho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcGSd4-1xho[/video]

frommycolddeadhands

The so-called terrorists could have changed the world for the better with one simple alteration of their tactics.

Yeah, they should have stayed in bed that day. Then we'd still have our twin towers in the NYC skyline, and a few thousand people would still have their moms, dads, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, etc.

We would love them as much as our own children if only they had flown those planes into the capital building while congress was in session, instead of the World Trade Center.

I don't know if you're just looking for a negative reaction to this statement, or if you actually believe this, but I'll go ahead and take the bait and let you know that I strongly disagree. There were PEOPLE on those aircraft, in case you'd forgotten. People who were going places. Some just trying to get home, and some who were travelling on business so they could feed their families. Then a group of murdering f----wads came crawling out from under a third-world rock and decided to crash the jet on American soil, murdering thousands.

I don't care if they hit the trade centers/pentagon/and a field in PA, or if they were trying to take out the senate. They're still murdering cowards, and no, I would not embrace them for attacking my country, and killing my countrymen. I'm no fan of this administration. I think the majority of our politicians are either inept, idiotic, or purposefully greedy. Some of them are just nuts and want to push some crazy agenda. So be it. We're the idiots who keep re-electing these yack-holes. That's democracy.

And I won't applaud any foriegn national for trying to destroy that.

Thinking Americans and 'the terrorists' were on the same page until then; we needed help kicking our government's ass. We needed it! Now.... Fail. It has grown like that big blob in the movie Evolution. It is far worse than it ever was, and the one group of people crazy enough to help us, have made themselves into enemies...

False Flag? Perfect...

They weren't "Crazy enough to help us". They want to kill us all. They aren't fighting against the American government, they are trying to destroy western civilization you fool. They want to keep their Sharia law, and the freedom and open lifestyles of the western world are a threat to that. They hate McDonalds, they hate women walking around in bikini's on a beach, they hate that a person can be gay and not be stoned to death for it. They're religious zealots to the nth degree.

You want to join up with these folks? Good luck pal. After they're done using you for their own ends they'll probably chop your infidel head off and stick it on a pike.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
They weren't "Crazy enough to help us". They want to kill us all.

You missed the point completely...

The 'Terrorists' only hate us because they think that we have a representative government and that it's actions are a unified representation of our interests. We do NOT have a representative government, and it's actions do NOT represent us or our will. We know our government is way out of control. It's our fault and we have to own up to that. It is easy to point at others, but difficult to admit our own failings.

If the bastards had paid a little more attention, we could have defeated our common enemy. Now, this enemy has grown to proportions that may never be controllable.

That same old line... But it was applied to the wrong people:
TheHateUsForOurFreedom.jpg

frommycolddeadhands

You missed the point completely...

The 'Terrorists' only hate us because they think that we have a representative government and that it's actions are a unified representation of our interests.

No, the terrorists hate all of Western civilization and want to destroy it. They don't confine themselves to attacking America. They've done attacks in Europe as well (although none quite so deadly as those on Sept 11)

They don't give a flying f**k whether they have a representative government or not. It is the ideology of freedom that they cannot stand. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but the Al-Queda are NOT tolerant and freedom loving people. To them Islam is the only religion, and anyone who doesn't accept that should be put to death. Sharia law is the ONLY law, and if you don't follow it you will be put to death.

Western philosophies of tolerance, religious freedom, freedom of choice, freedom of expression, etc are all considered to be EVIL and are something that they want to destroy because it doesn't mesh with their fundamentalist views. It isn't our government that they hate, it's our way of life. It's our ideology.

Again, if you want to join those monsters, go right ahead. I'll be looking for you next time I'm over in the sandbox, and my 5.56 NATO really doesn't give a sh*t whether you wear a turban or a baseball cap while you're collaborating with the enemy and planning to kill my friends.

j4l

No, the terrorists hate all of Western civilization and want to destroy it. They don't confine themselves to attacking America. They've done attacks in Europe as well (although none quite so deadly as those on Sept 11)

They don't give a flying f**k whether they have a representative government or not. It is the ideology of freedom that they cannot stand. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but the Al-Queda are NOT tolerant and freedom loving people. To them Islam is the only religion, and anyone who doesn't accept that should be put to death. Sharia law is the ONLY law, and if you don't follow it you will be put to death.

Western philosophies of tolerance, religious freedom, freedom of choice, freedom of expression, etc are all considered to be EVIL and are something that they want to destroy because it doesn't mesh with their fundamentalist views. It isn't our government that they hate, it's our way of life. It's our ideology.

Again, if you want to join those monsters, go right ahead. I'll be looking for you next time I'm over in the sandbox, and my 5.56 NATO really doesn't give a sh*t whether you wear a turban or a baseball cap while you're collaborating with the enemy and planning to kill my friends.

100% spot-on.

Consider this also, Ix, Ali Goatfondler, living in a mud hut in some ravine in Sor-E-Pol region doe'snt know, or care less what the heck our government is, or what you or I think of it. He would'nt know the difference between it and a community organizer's convention. Their ideological focus is on eliminating any/all who are'nt THEM, or like them.
End story.

Prior to their (Al-Q/Taliban, specifically) attack on us, they were targeting Budhists, for crying out loud, and destroying anything and everything they could find that represented that faith.

In Africa, in Sudan in particular, the Islamist have been attempting genocide on just about anyone/everyone refusing to convert to Islam, for more than 20 years. Be them Christian, or traditional, local Animists. Do you really think John Q. Villager in Southern Sudan is targeted because he supports and American/Western culture or government policy he isnt even aware exists?

Ix, your police/police-state paranoia is reaching a very very unhealthy stage. Seek help, bro.

frommycolddeadhands

100% spot-on.

Consider this also, Ix, Ali Goatfondler, living in a mud hut in some ravine in Sor-E-Pol region doe'snt know, or care less what the heck our government is, or what you or I think of it. He would'nt know the difference between it and a community organizer's convention. Their ideological focus is on eliminating any/all who are'nt THEM, or like them.
End story.

Prior to their (Al-Q/Taliban, specifically) attack on us, they were targeting Budhists, for crying out loud, and destroying anything and everything they could find that represented that faith.

In Africa, in Sudan in particular, the Islamist have been attempting genocide on just about anyone/everyone refusing to convert to Islam, for more than 20 years. Be them Christian, or traditional, local Animists. Do you really think John Q. Villager in Southern Sudan is targeted because he supports and American/Western culture or government policy he isnt even aware exists?

Thanks for adding that on. I was going to mention the fact that Al-Bubba in the sand dunes probably has no idea how our government operates, but these days the Taliban has access to wi-fi and are probably googling away while their goats wander off....

j4l

Thanks for adding that on. I was going to mention the fact that Al-Bubba in the sand dunes probably has no idea how our government operates, but these days the Taliban has access to wi-fi and are probably googling away while their goats wander off....

Lol. exactly. Which is another huge sore-point of mine, for another thread someday...
this time 11 yr.s ago, Buba would have been saying "Internewha?" Now, all of a sudden, we've managed to consider wifi,broadband, and cell phones as much, if not more of, a priority in nation-building (another massive sore-point they dont deserve to get) as water and electricty to caves and mud huts...

frommycolddeadhands

Lol. exactly. Which is another huge sore-point of mine, for another thread someday...
this time 11 yr.s ago, Buba would have been saying "Internewha?" Now, all of a sudden, we've managed to consider wifi,broadband, and cell phones as much, if not more of, a priority in nation-building (another massive sore-point they dont deserve to get) as water and electricty to caves and mud huts...

I laughed like a madman when the news said that Osama Bin Laden had a Playstation, a cooler full of Pepsi, and a bunch of Little Debbie snacks in the 'living room' of his compound.

I wonder how many times I sniped him on Modern Warfare.....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
100% spot-on.

Uhm, isn't this my point? They don't know, so they follow the lies... Just like us.

I've never met anyone who was wearing a Turban, and I've received the 'if you're not like me, I will destroy you' attitude from thousands of people... White, caucasian, wealthy, well-dressed, republicans.... Hmm.... The problem is glorifying hatred, doesn't matter who is doing it....

End story.

Deliberately mis-understanding is different from legitimate ignorance?

Ix, your police/police-state paranoia is reaching a very very unhealthy stage. Seek help, bro.

Red Kool Aid, Blue Kool Aid... Drink one and laugh at those who drink the other?

Just as we, they are not a unified front, either.

I'm not bothering to disagree with you... Just pointing out that you're making the same mistake they did... The history is not something I need a lesson on, we can go Biblical about it if you want to. Ignorance of the topic is not a problem I have.

Keep repeating history if you like... I'd rather get out of the hand basket if you insist on taking that course...

Enemy Soldiers carry pictures of their families in their pockets, too....

The "Terrorists" speak for the minority, how many dumbsh!ts follow, or don't... You don't know. Kinda like the MERUKUH!!! Red Republican Neo Cons... Most Americans are not that stupid... But we keep voting against the Democrats without concern for what we're voting FOR. Frankly, people that dumb and hateful expected the Laws of Nature to not fall on them like so many tons of really tall building? Come on, use your effing brain instead of an agenda. Cause and effect. It's simple... It doesn't matter what faction you love more than your own children; the Laws of Nature will not bend to your votes.

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

Uhm, isn't this my point? They don't know, so they follow the lies... Just like us.

I've never met anyone who was wearing a Turban, and I've received the 'if you're not like me, I will destroy you' attitude from thousands of people...

Deliberately mis-understanding is different from legitimate ignorance?

Red Kool Aid, Blue Kool Aid... Drink one and laugh at those who drink the other?

Just as we, they are not a unified front, either.

I'm not bothering to disagree with you... Just pointing out that you're making the same mistake they did... The history is not something I need a lesson on, we can go Biblical about it if you want to. Ignorance of the topic is not a problem I have.

Keep repeating history if you like... I'd rather get out of the hand basket if you insist on taking that course...

Enemy Soldiers carry pictures of their families in their pockets, too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to think that you are being sarcastic in the vein of "A Modest Proposal". However, if you are not, it bears saying that the destruction of the US government would NOT change the world for the better! Despite their failings, they still represent the best government ever to exist on the planet!

We need to continue to work toward a more libertarian society but we have been consistently winning! Why would you exchange that for the anarchy that any alternative would entail?

John

Instead, they attacked civilians. They forget, the majority of america does not like or want it's own government. the notion of unity, and the reason so many foreign nations hate us, is that they believe we stand behind our governments decisions and actions, and we don't. The bastards are out of control.

We let it get this bad. We have no choice but to admit that. A little help, or a big help, would have been appreciated. Instead, they came after us... Dumb.

False Flag? Perfect...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I would like to think that you are being sarcastic in the vein of "A Modest Proposal". However, if you are not, it bears saying that the destruction of the US government would NOT change the world for the better! Despite their failings, they still represent the best government ever to exist on the planet!

It used to be a 10 out of 10. Everyone else was a 1 or a 2. Now, it's a 3 out of 10. Still 'the best' technically... But...

We need to continue to work toward a more libertarian society but we have been consistently winning! Why would you exchange that for the anarchy that any alternative would entail?

Uhm, Libertarian = Anarchist. They just changed the name because of the false image Anarchism has been given... Same thing.

If this is winning, I'd hate to see losing. It looks more like a declaration of Glorious Failure... Snatching Defeat from the clutches of Victory, and acting like that's a good thing...

What I'm pointing out is that our current batch of politicians think they are untouchable and can do anything, anytime, to anyone; and never suffer the wrath of Human Nature. If a few hundred of them were to die a horrible firey death, they might be convinced otherwise. The way they act today, I don't think anything less would work.

Would it destroy our government? No. It would have no choice but to learn that is is not untouchable, and it's victims will not remain bound forever. Eventually, someone, somewhere will make them pay up. It is inevitable. It is the Law of Nature.

For such things, sooner is always better than later.

Perhaps my idea of what 'might have been' isn't entirely accurate. Nor was it intended to be... It is indisputable that if those planes had been flown into the Capital Building instead of the World Trade Center, our entire species would be much better off. The degree of improvement may be debatable, but that it would be an improvement over our current situation is NOT. I'm sure that if we could rewind, and not have our current timeline to contrast it with, we still wouldn't see it as a good thing. But now that we have gone down this road and see the truth clearly; flying into the Capital Building, they would have been doing us a huge favor.

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

It used to be a 10 out of 10. Everyone else was a 1 or a 2. Now, it's a 3 out of 10. Still 'the best' technically... But...

If you're trying to grade the United States on a scale of 1-10, I'd like to know what you're using as a measuring rod between then and now. Seeing as how this country used to have slavery/segregation/Jim Crow laws up until the mid 1900's, and police officers were allowed to beat confessions out of people through the 1950's, I'd say we've made some vast improvements on civil rights in the past 50 years or so.

Our economy sucks right now, and we need to bring jobs back to the USA instead of shipping them overseas, and (as always) there are corrupt bureaucrats and police officers out there. It ain't perfect, but it's a damn site better than "3 out of 10"

Uhm, Libertarian = Anarchist. They just changed the name because of the false image Anarchism has been given... Same thing.

Anarchist = a person who wants to destroy all forms of government and allow anarchy to rule

Libertarian = a person who wants an extremely limited government

Those are not the same thing. If you want an education feel free to visit Ron Paul's website.

If this is winning, I'd hate to see losing. It looks more like a declaration of Glorious Failure... Snatching Defeat from the clutches of Victory, and acting like that's a good thing...

WTF are you talking about? You'd rather join the Al-Queda because you think they're somehow better than what we've got going on now?

Wave bye-bye to your:
-Freedom of speech
-Freedom of choice
-Freedom of religion
-Freedom of expression
-Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
-The ability to vote for anything, at any time, ever

And I hope you like your women in burka's. I also hope you like having the top part of your head covered with a cap 24/7. Hope you look good with a beard. And you better get used to praying on your knees, facing east, four times a day while they play prayers over the city's loudspeakers. That's a real hoot. Enjoy pooping in a hole in the ground and wiping your butt with your hand (no TP for these zealots) and your children will probably be used as suicide bombers-- but thats okay. Family honor and all. Plus if you refuse, they kill your WHOLE family, so it's a numbers game really. And if your daughter is 'shameful' in any way, well...better get out the big bag of rocks. Time for an honor killing...

Yeah, that sounds much better than life now. Cable TV, best technology in the world at our fingertips, flushing toilets, the ability to disagree with others, the ability to worship freely, to say what we want, wear what we want, express ourselves openly, vote for our representatives, be active in our local governance, pursue things that make us happy. Yeah, a gun to the back of your head 24/7 is much better...**eyeroll**

What I'm pointing out is that our current batch of politicians think they are untouchable and can do anything, anytime, to anyone; and never suffer the wrath of Human Nature. If a few hundred of them were to die a horrible firey death, they might be convinced otherwise. The way they act today, I don't think anything less would work.

Were you in a coma last November when the Tea Party voted out a sh**load of democrats, regained control of the house, and elliminated the supermajority in the senate? The Dems were shocked as hell and running for cover. Even the president came out and gave that lame "Uh, the past 2 years weren't REALLY my policies...they were just emergency measures" speech that nobody bought.

Politicians know they're touchable. We can vote 'em out, and we made that painfully clear to them last year, which resulted in a MAJOR slow down of Obama pushing insane legislation through the rubber-stamp congress.

Come election day, Obama is out on his rear too. People are starting to pay more attention now than they have in a long time. No fiery death required.

Would it destroy our government? No. It would have no choice but to learn that is is not untouchable, and it's victims will not remain bound forever. Eventually, someone, somewhere will make them pay up. It is inevitable. It is the Law of Nature.

For such things, sooner is always better than later.

Perhaps my idea of what 'might have been' isn't entirely accurate. Nor was it intended to be... It is indisputable that if those planes had been flown into the Capital Building instead of the World Trade Center, our entire species would be much better off. The degree of improvement may be debatable, but that it would be an improvement over our current situation is NOT.

Our elected officials are just that. ELECTED. If you want to change things up then get politically active, and try to educate the idiots who keep voting Pelosi and Frank back into office year after year.

And no, it is not "indisputable" that if the planes had hit the capital building instead of the twin towers that the world would be a better place. I'll dispute it right now.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
A bunch of Fairy Tales

I could debunk that all individually, but it all falls into the same category; things that exist in Theory, but are quite the opposite in Practice.

You must live in a wonderful land with Unicorns and Rainbows and Fairy Dust...

America is freedom only on paper. Reality is that only the predators have Rights.

What you describe would be nice, and the divergence between Reality and What You Described is precisely the scale of 1-10 I was using. Lets do math and call it "Delta R." Delta R = 7.

Prejudice has simply changed form. Corruption is protected. If the smoke and mirrors worked on you... Well, we'll never agree. If reality were as you describe it, we would not be having this conversation...

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

I could debunk that all individually, but it all falls into the same category; things that exist in Theory, but are quite the opposite in Practice.

You must live in a wonderful land with Unicorns and Rainbows and Fairy Dust...

America is freedom only on paper. Reality is that only the predators have Rights.

What you describe would be nice, and is exactly the ruler for the 1-10 scale. It used to be like that, but it isn't anymore. Prejudice has simply changed form. Corruption is protected. If the smoke and mirrors worked on you... Well, we'll never agree. If reality were as you describe it, we would not be having this conversation...

Right, claim that you can debunk everything without offering even the slightest attempt, then revert to 'unicorn and rainbow' analogies followed by more claims that you don't back up. That's weak my friend.

At least you didn't resort to outright name calling, so I guess that's something.

I would think that the fact that you can go online into a public forum and spout this nonsense without some gov't official kicking your door in and carting you away would be evidence enough that you do in fact have the freedom of speech and the freedom of expression, but I guess that sort of common sense and appreciation for liberty is lost on you.

Yes, we need to watch our liberties very carefully, and yes, we need to guard our rights and keep our politicians in check, but despite whatever reality you have playing in your head, we're still the most liberated people on the planet.

And that 'freedom on paper' that you keep referring to, is called the US Constitution, and it is still the law of the land.