• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. Membership Drive Status

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

It has to do with the venue. When we attended functions in La Crosse over the summer, we couldn't enter the building because it was a government building. The organizer knew we couldn't enter the building and chose the location anyway. Should we then say the organizer doesn't support our rights? Not from where I sit.

The organizers of the event wanted a place large enough to hold several thousand people. The owner of the venue was nice enough to allow them to use the facility but placed the "no firearms" stipulation on the organizer.

If we wanted to hold a seminar to educate the public about OC, and we were offered a school auditorium, would we refuse the venue and thus the opportunity to educate the public, simply because we couldn't carry? I think not. We would accept the venue, hold the seminar, and educate the public. Likewise, we will attend this event, respect the request of the organizer, and work to inform the public about OC.

It is the same as when we attend political events, held in bars, so we can speak with the politicians and the public. We respect the law and do not carry there.

This subject was argued ad nausium on a previous thread, our goal is to help educated the public and sign up NEW members. We will abide by the request and request all members of OCDO who choose to attend to do the same.

We anticipate there will several venues where we cannot carry but can sign up new members. This thread relates to the Wisconsin Carry, Inc. membership drive. We will continue to use it to tell you when/where we will be in the future, not to attack those who are nice enough to allow us to attend their event.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.WisconsinCarry.org
Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
608-792-0669

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
Just like the Eau Claire Expo we did last weekend, this is NOT an Open Carry event. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. respects therights of those whoorganize these events, and we respectfully request all attendees be respectful of the organizers rights as well.

We will be there to provide information on the organization, and to encourage new members to sign up.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.WisconsinCarry.org
608-792-0669
The Organizer of the Sheboygan rally called me the other night, very upset..she was told by someone that a bunch of people were going to be showing up with guns... I calmed her down saying, that OCDO people always respect the wishes of the organizers & the wishes of property owners.
This escapes me!!!! An organizer of a constitutional rally upset that attendees may exercise thier constitutional rights??
if it was up to her she would be ok with it, she owns guns too. She has to abide by the rental agreement that was signed between her & Menards. don't take it out on the Rally people, they are powerless.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I am wondering how many members we have, I don't care what member number I am. Has no meaning in the grandscheme of things.

Support The 2nd

imported post

I'd say you all aught to be worrying about getting everybody you know signed up as a member instead of "how many" members there are. There were/are 2,300 signatures on the petition. They should have 80% of that unless the majority are; all talk and no action.

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I would like to join, but I am unable to donate funds at this time. As there didn't seem to be a option to join with out clicking on the DONATE icon I will defer.

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I am wondering how many members we have, I don't care what member number I am. Has no meaning in the grandscheme of things.

So did you change your mind and join?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

There are a couple of reasons why we aren't announcing membership numbers. Though I'm sure at some point in the future we may. The short answer is that we have new members every day so our membership hasn't stabilized. If I give you a number today, its wrong by tomorrow. The second reason is there are 2 risks in publishing member numbers right now. Both relate to expectations.

We need everyone who has any interest in gun-rights and freedom in Wisconsin to join our effort. Its essential that people take and demonstrate a willingness to act, not just talk. If we announce a member count today, the risk is some people will say "wow, thats a lot, they've got it covered, I don't need to join"

Of course its also possible some people will say "wow, we need more members and join".

The same risk exists with the media, law-enforcement, and corporate lurkers. We know these groupswatch this site: (see detailed explanation below) and there is an element of power in the unknown. Imagine a store asks one of our members to leave for lawfully carrying and we contact them to apply pressure that we all, as consumers, have over those who need our business. Would "Corporate ExecX"come here doing some researchand say "wow, Wisconsin Carry has5,000 members" and consider a more rights friendly policy? Or would they come here and say "wow, Wisconsin Carry ONLY has 5000 members?" and not be as concerned about changing their policy?

We don't know the answer. For that reason we aren't announcing any membership numbers. I would anticipate at some point in the future when membership stabilizes, we may.

Hopefully our actions will always be effacacious enough that media/corporate/law-enforcement assumptions will be that we have more members than we actually do because we are so effective.

I will say that I think you would all be proud of the number of members we have so far, but also understand that the fight for freedom and restoration of our rights will proceed fastest with even more members. We DO still need more support to fund the lawsuit.

On a side note regarding our being watched by media and law-enforcement:

Postings from this forum have even been entered as evidence in depositions in the Federal Lawsuit that was filed against West Milwaukee and Chilton. (note this is a different lawsuit than Wisconsin Carry's GFSZ lawsuit but the same attorney John Monroe)

See: (this link contains pdf's of the original complaint, answer to the complaint and plaintiffs and defendants request for summary judgements)

http://georgiacarry.com/gonzalez_westmin/

If you have time to read it, these is a VERY interesting read. John Mornoe (Civil Rights Attorney and board member of Georgia Carry) is the attorney on the Gonzalez case as well as Wisconsin Carry's lawsuit against Wisconsin to overturn the GFSZ act.

If you have time to read the depositions and answers to it, you'll see what a skilled litigator our attorney is. I would especially draw your attention to: (our attorney John Monroe's response to the defendants response to motion for partial summary judgement) (again, please note this is a different lawsuit than the GFSZ lawsuit John Monroe has been retained by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. to litigate.)

http://www.georgiacarry.com/gonzalez_westmin/Doc%2037%20Pla%20Resp%20to%20Def%20MSJ.pdf

(Please note this is a DIFFERENT lawsuit than our GFSZ lawsuit.)

Its also notweorthy to see that transcripts from THIS forum were entered into evidence. See page 2 of:

http://www.georgiacarry.com/gonzalez_westmin/Doc%2025%20Brief%20in%20Support%20of%20Def%20MSJ.pdf

So its clear that media and law enforcement monitor this site.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

A few more comments:

If anyone has questions about Wisconsin Carry, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM and I will answer any questions I am able. Obviously, I can share more information privately then on an internet forum monitored by law-enforcement and media.

Secondly, if you are a Wisconsin Carry member, you have demonstrated your commitment to freedom and gun-rights in Wisconsin and I can share much more information with you as a result. Wisconsin Carry members, please contact me atany time.

comp45acp

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
Just like the Eau Claire Expo we did last weekend, this is NOT an Open Carry event.  Wisconsin Carry, Inc. respects the rights of those who organize these events, and we respectfully request all attendees be respectful of the organizers rights as well.

We will be there to provide information on the organization, and to encourage new members to sign up.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
http://www.WisconsinCarry.org
608-792-0669
The Organizer of the Sheboygan rally called me the other night, very upset..she was told by someone that a bunch of people were going to be showing up with guns... I calmed her down saying, that OCDO people always respect the wishes of the organizers & the wishes of property owners.
This escapes me!!!! An organizer of a constitutional rally upset that attendees may exercise thier constitutional rights??

+1

bigdaddy1

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
There are a couple of reasons why we aren't announcing membership numbers. Though I'm sure at some point in the future we may. The short answer is that we have new members every day so our membership hasn't stabilized.
I don't think we're looking for a concrete number, just an idea of how many members we have gained since the drive started. A progress report more or less.

blaze

imported post

I am in total agreement with Wisconsin Carry Inc about not releasing any info on number of members.

I personally hopethey do not release any info until much later this year, and depending on election results, maybe not even then.

BTW Glock 34, I did go to Woodmans corporate last week on the daybeforethe issue was resolved. I went, I asked, I was conquered. But I tried.:lol:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

blayze wrote:
BTW Glock 34, I did go to Woodmans corporate last week on the daybeforethe issue was resolved. I went, I asked, I was conquered. But I tried.:lol:
Blayze: The fact that you went is what matters. With the faxes, emails, phone calls, and a personal visit, combined they adopted a new policy, because we stood in solidarity.

That is why we should all join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. to stand in solidarity.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
blayze wrote:
Blayze: The fact that you went is what matters. With the faxes, emails, phone calls, and a personal visit, combined they adopted a new policy, because we stood in solidarity.

That is why we should all join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. to stand in solidarity.
Amen.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Thank-you for your support Old Grump and welcome to the Founders Club.

The support of all of the members who have stepped up for freedom in Wisconsin is fantastic.