• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

LkWd_Don

Ok maybe this should be taken to another thread? But where I live, it's subsidised housing... I live on disability and hate it alot... I'd much rather be working... But can anybody prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that washington state does not allow landlords to prevent renters from having weapons or firearms in their homes?

If we are talking an apartment complex, then the Landlord/Tenant Law would govern 100% and with RCW 59.18.130 only saying that you can not engage in the unlawful use of a firearm, you should be good and should be able to ignore the landlady.

Duties of tenant.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=59.18.130

Each tenant shall pay the rental amount at such times and in such amounts as provided for in the rental agreement or as otherwise provided by law and comply with all obligations imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of all municipal, county, and state codes, statutes, ordinances, and regulations, and in addition shall:
(8) Not engage in any activity at the rental premises that is:

(a) Imminently hazardous to the physical safety of other persons on the premises; and

(b)(i) Entails physical assaults upon another person which result in an arrest; or

(ii) Entails the unlawful use of a firearm or other deadly weapon as defined in RCW 9A.04.110 which results in an arrest, including threatening another tenant or the landlord with a firearm or other deadly weapon under RCW 59.18.352. Nothing in this subsection (8) shall authorize the termination of tenancy and eviction of the victim of a physical assault or the victim of the use or threatened use of a firearm or other deadly weapon;

However, you do not say that you are in an apartment complex, just that it is subsidized. So, if you are renting a room in someone's home or are renting a single unit from a private property owner (maybe a converted garage or a single family rental home) and that owner is allowing section 8 subsidies, then you may have to abide by the extra rules the landlord puts in the contract. If this is the case, you still have a choice. Comply, hire a Lawyer or pinch pennies till you can move to an apartment complex that can not pull that crap.

IANAL, I am just good at researching and reading most laws.

cpgrad08

CC at the Fair today. No problems had a good time with my younger sis. Eat some fair food, went to the GOP Both and got me this awesome sign (not at the GOP).
Photo_00019.jpg

Tacitus42

Grim start another topic on the matter and you will learn alot about property rights-as long as your renting and not in the commission of a crime they can't say **** about what you have in your apartment.

Now back to my OC report-

Busy day today. had the day off and lots of places to go.

.seattle
went up to kinukuniya bookstore located inside teh uwajimaya shopping center (international district) was there for about an hour, had a bite to eat in the commons area. no problems, not even any comments which is pretty normal every time i go up there.

.yelm/mckenna
county line guns-had to unload as per store policy but i am used to that, picked up some range ammo and tried to get hthe wife interested in a sidearm......she wants the cannon on the floor.
:shocker:

.hit the yelm walmart for some general shopping (OC BBQ and other things). as always no issues
.yelm liquer store, got some more of my tasty cap't morgans tattoo rum and some pinnacle vodka-no issues

another un-eventful adventure.

Note to self: Do Not Frequent This Establishment

DeltaOps

At my parents for most of the day. Took my Dads Glock 19 gen 1 home so I can fire it on Tuesday. Stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse to check the price of some ammo and other stuff.

Tomorrow I will be going to SPORTCO to price some things and then may be headed back to The Sportsmans Warehouse.

LkWd_Don

OD'd in the Barnes & Noble in the Lakewood Towne Center and the Half Price Books in Tacoma today while looking for text books needed for my upcoming classes at Pierce College.

No problems, no issues.

DamonK

Carried on sunday. Open at the tacoma sportsman's club (I'm a member) safeway, sportsman's warehouse, walmart etc. Got a few compliments on my 1911, as usual :) then CC at the fair on sunday all day with no problems. Well I did have a screaming three year old, but after all the sugar that her mom pumped into her, that's to be expected.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

SeattleWingsfan

Sunday afternoon. FredMeyer Lakewood/UP. Open carried in went right to digital camera area. which is right accross from the checkout stands. I heard what I thought was a few comments about MWAG. random words stuck out carry, shoot... But I didn't hear everything. a couple minutes later a nice young lady came over and asked if I could be helped. I think she was a manager of somekind. She never said a word to me about a gun, until after she helped by calling a few stores to locate the camera I wanted. As I was walking away she said "What kind of toy ya got?", I turned around and said are you refering to my Sig? She said yes and we had a great conversation about open carry, guns, etc. She mentioned a few tellers went to her and asked about me carrying a gun and she said "I don't see a problem, it's in a holster and if he was going to shoot somone he would have by now." She said she likes the open carry, and is going to get her CPL soon because she has her rifle and shotgun, and Pistol is next.

Went to other FredMeyer, Pacific and 82nd I believe. Went in stoped into restroom. two younger thuggish guys washing hands, as I walk past them to the back of the restroom, I hear one say quietly, yo that dude just came in has a piece. Other guy said he's undercover lets get out. Very strange.

This morning 7-11 lakewood pacific and 108th Guy came to me at the fountain drink machine and asked if I get hasslled for open carry. He stipulated mainly from police. I said I have never had a bad experience with a LEO, just uninformed citizens. He said he had been reading horror stories online. Said he had a CPL and was reading about open carry. But he didn't seem to know of this site.

aa1911

Grim start another topic on the matter and you will learn alot about property rights-as long as your renting and not in the commission of a crime they can't say **** about what you have in your apartment.

Now back to my OC report-

Busy day today. had the day off and lots of places to go.

.seattle
went up to kinukuniya bookstore located inside teh uwajimaya shopping center (international district) was there for about an hour, had a bite to eat in the commons area. no problems, not even any comments which is pretty normal every time i go up there.

.yelm/mckenna
county line guns-had to unload as per store policy but i am used to that, picked up some range ammo and tried to get hthe wife interested in a sidearm......she wants the cannon on the floor.
:shocker:

.hit the yelm walmart for some general shopping (OC BBQ and other things). as always no issues
.yelm liquer store, got some more of my tasty cap't morgans tattoo rum and some pinnacle vodka-no issues

another un-eventful adventure.

I've never unloaded, go in there all the time. Did I miss a sign or something?

plus, the gun I'm carrying is one that I bought from them anyway!

tombrewster421

I've never unloaded, go in there all the time. Did I miss a sign or something?

plus, the gun I'm carrying is one that I bought from them anyway!

I didn't unload when I went either. Talked to them about a Glock 17L and had my mom get some pepper spray. I've also got a few accessories from them. Their gun prices are better than wholesale sports.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Des Moines Muni Court

My daughter had a speeding ticket in the city of Des Moines that I help prepare a defense, court was today.

I met my daughter at the DMMC parking lot, I un-holstered and choose to leave my Sig in the safe in my Jeep today. The DMMC has a 'designated official' for safe keeping and I wasn't in the mood to go through their process for checking firearms.

Court went well, due to an outdated discovery filling by the prosecutor's office the case was dismissed. 11 for 11.

DamonK

My daughter had a speeding ticket in the city of Des Moines that I help prepare a defense, court was today.

I met my daughter at the DMMC parking lot, I un-holstered and choose to leave my Sig in the safe in my Jeep today. The DMMC has a 'designated official' for safe keeping and I wasn't in the mood to go through their process for checking firearms.

Court went well, due to an outdated discovery filling by the prosecutor's office the case was dismissed. 11 for 11.

Well done Gogo! I've only had to beat one legal thing, but it scared the crap out of me! Course I'm not really a big fan of big towns or civilization in general :p

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

LkWd_Don

Two trips to the Banfield Pet Hospital today, once to drop a pet off for his physical and the second to pick him up.

No problems, no issues, not even a strange look and there were many folks there.

aa1911

must be on the outside doors and I didn't see it because the doors were open. drove past today again and looked but just see the hours of operation.

I don't think there's an issue there, they've always been cool about it. IMO it's more dangerous to unload and reload than to just leave it in the holster and leave it alone.

I'll take a better look next time I go in there and find their sign.

Schlepnier

There are 2 sets of doors, when they are closed the outside set are closed, when they are open only the inside set or closed.
the signage is on the inside set- right hand side.