• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

1911er

I really need to find out where these pits are. Took the girlfriend out to one in the Tahuya road area. KRRC future is uncertain. And I've heard nothing but range nazi stories about the poulsbo range. Need to take her somewhere she can practice.

Send 1245a defender a pm i'm sure he will go with you out to the pit by mason lake he can show you where its at. I would but I have only been there once. Carry on my freind.

07Altima

I just had to comment

I had to comment about your Judge, I carry a Raging Judge, and have been given flack from others on here in the past about how it will draw undue attn. well 8mo. I guess its been more like 10 have gone by, and I have had less attn. than most, and have never been stopped. I give the credit to being in Snohomish County, however i carried for 2mo. in Tacoma with out issue the issue that took place there was not during those 2 mo. they took place while I was just visiting my mother, I carried in a few places while on road trips. I do have to say one thing I never mentioned on here or anywhere else, it never really occurred to me. While in Tacoma I was walking my moms dogs with her, and my wife. I was open carrying my RJ, and my wifes 38, at the same time. My mother made a comment to some guy in a truck, she did not mean it to be directed at him.

My mother was mad at the guy in front of him. However this guy took it to be directed at him. So he popped off to my mom, I said that she was not meaning it to be at him, I noticed about this time he had gang tats, was a very large gentlemen not fat IE Muscle's, an illegal tint very very illegal dark, I noticed he was in a car with four other males. I could see the back seat from the front window being down. He spouted off that he was not talking to this ***** cracker he was talking to my mother.

He further went on to call me a B**** because I did not bite on his nasty comments. He did not notice the firearms because I heard the guy next to him say did you see those Gatz hes got! The guy was like WTF, he was about to get out of his car when the other guy had said that to him.
This instance ended with that comment, they both got buckled back in, and we left without any issues. I reported the incident to the police department. Who went as far as to applaud my actions by not escalating the situation.

The department said if it happened the way I had described, they felt I kept a very level head the whole time, and said they would report the plate, and situation to the beach patrol officers to keep an eye out for the car, and behavior of those in it. I figured there was no need to escalate to violence as long as he did not proceed to get out of his car. I felt very good about my assessment, and reversion to my Military training. I did not put my hand on my guns, but I put my arms down near my grip in case it continued.

I think that this case of OC not only prevented me from being a statistic, but it also may have put that Banger in check, and put the Police on alert for this individual, and his car.
If however it did not put him in check I really hope that he gets taken off the streets before he kills some one else. I do have to say Karma is a B****!!!!

1911er

Storage war sales

I was out hitting some garage sales this morning and stopped by A storage place on Bay st. in Port Orchard called Storage War sales. As I walked in to look around the guy told me he and his partner don't allow open carry in there place of bussiness, cause they don't want to offend any customers. So as I turned to leave I told him it backfired because he just offended one. And I told him that I would tell all my freinds that OC'd firearms are not allowed. Its kind of ironic cause you could see the outline of A small auto-loader in his pocket. Oh well just less crap to buy.

1245A Defender

Sunday shoot,,, Mason Lake!!!

I will tell all about MY pit...

Its in a clearing at the north east point of Mason Lake.
go to the intersection of mason lake drive west and east trails end road,
go west on west mason lake drive west for 100 feet or so.
turn right on a graval road, follow that road about 1 mile, stay left, go around a left curve, see the graval pile!
set your targets there and shoot pistolaro range,
drive further down the road for rifle shooting at those same targets up too 120 yards.

if any of you decide to go up for a shoot, i would welcome a heads up if you would like some company.
its a good deal for me as you drive past my house to get there.
you can stop for coffee or a beverage.

I dont like PMs for public stuff, but I just got this one and wanted to respond to all shooters...

"""your shooting area

Iti s NOT really MY shooting area, my neighbor Fred showed it to me, I showed it to my friend John,
then to my friend Sirpuma, so I guess it really is Freds, but I think it is really either DNR or Wearhouser land.

Sooo everybody just go and have fun, pack out your targets or junk you might take to shoot, keep it clean and open..
And dont forget to invite your friends...
And if you make the invite here, in the open, youre bound to have more company.
And meet more new folks from the forum.

Heading out to the Mason Lake pit this Sunday. I've got the GPS coords so hopefull I can find it. Anyone else want to go shooting? Taking the girlfriend for a little firearm training.

Sooo,, GSX1138.. tell us all what time you want to be shooting,,,
and everybody else get off your a$$es and meet up there for some fun!

General directions,,
drive about 5 miles south from belfair and down south shore road, right pst my house, toward towana state park,
then take a left turn at the yellow sign, up the hill, toward trails end lake,
about 4 miles will get you to mason lake drive west,
turn right at the green sign, youre almost there...

Last edited:

fire suppressor

I was out hitting some garage sales this morning and stopped by A storage place on Bay st. in Port Orchard called Storage War sales. As I walked in to look around the guy told me he and his partner don't allow open carry in there place of bussiness, cause they don't want to offend any customers. So as I turned to leave I told him it backfired because he just offended one. And I told him that I would tell all my freinds that OC'd firearms are not allowed. Its kind of ironic cause you could see the outline of A small auto-loader in his pocket. Oh well just less crap to buy.

lol thanks for sharing it got a laugh out of me. Funny how everyone are always afraid of offending everyone but us

fire suppressor

I had to comment about your Judge, I carry a Raging Judge, and have been given flack from others on here in the past about how it will draw undue attn. well 8mo. I guess its been more like 10 have gone by, and I have had less attn. than most, and have never been stopped. I give the credit to being in Snohomish County, however i carried for 2mo. in Tacoma with out issue the issue that took place there was not during those 2 mo. they took place while I was just visiting my mother, I carried in a few places while on road trips. I do have to say one thing I never mentioned on here or anywhere else, it never really occurred to me. While in Tacoma I was walking my moms dogs with her, and my wife. I was open carrying my RJ, and my wifes 38, at the same time. My mother made a comment to some guy in a truck, she did not mean it to be directed at him.

My mother was mad at the guy in front of him. However this guy took it to be directed at him. So he popped off to my mom, I said that she was not meaning it to be at him, I noticed about this time he had gang tats, was a very large gentlemen not fat IE Muscle's, an illegal tint very very illegal dark, I noticed he was in a car with four other males. I could see the back seat from the front window being down. He spouted off that he was not talking to this ***** cracker he was talking to my mother.

He further went on to call me a B**** because I did not bite on his nasty comments. He did not notice the firearms because I heard the guy next to him say did you see those Gatz hes got! The guy was like WTF, he was about to get out of his car when the other guy had said that to him.
This instance ended with that comment, they both got buckled back in, and we left without any issues. I reported the incident to the police department. Who went as far as to applaud my actions by not escalating the situation.

The department said if it happened the way I had described, they felt I kept a very level head the whole time, and said they would report the plate, and situation to the beach patrol officers to keep an eye out for the car, and behavior of those in it. I figured there was no need to escalate to violence as long as he did not proceed to get out of his car. I felt very good about my assessment, and reversion to my Military training. I did not put my hand on my guns, but I put my arms down near my grip in case it continued.

I think that this case of OC not only prevented me from being a statistic, but it also may have put that Banger in check, and put the Police on alert for this individual, and his car.
If however it did not put him in check I really hope that he gets taken off the streets before he kills some one else. I do have to say Karma is a B****!!!!

This is a argument my girlfriend and I always get into. We have both carry but she only conceal carrys because she thinks open carry makes you a target where I believe it to be the opposite

fire suppressor

I really need to find out where these pits are. Took the girlfriend out to one in the Tahuya road area. KRRC future is uncertain. And I've heard nothing but range nazi stories about the poulsbo range. Need to take her somewhere she can practice.

Not every RO at Poulsbo is a nazi there are some good ones

sirpuma

In the past couple weeks I've OCed at Fred Meyer, Walmart, Kitsap Credit Union, Dell's, McClendon's, Lowe's, Papa Murphy's, Bremerton Airport Diner, Burger King (on Mile Hill and had a good convo there with an Assistant Manager), Sheriff's Office, QFC, Papa John's, Block Buster Video, Radio Shack, Farmer George's Butcher Market and Staples. Not one crossways look nor any comments other than about my hat or shirt. LOL

Went out to the Mason Lake pit area yesterday with my boy to get him some practice in but there were crews hauling off the big pile of gravel. So we drove around the hills on the logging roads and found a fair spot to get some decent long range shooting in. Made sure to let the loader operator know we'd be shooting over the hill from him but in the opposite direction, he was cool about it. When we were pulling in I heard on the CB "Couple coming in with rifles" as I drove past a dump truck coming out.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
In the past couple weeks I've OCed at Fred Meyer, Walmart, Kitsap Credit Union, Dell's, McClendon's, Lowe's, Papa Murphy's, Bremerton Airport Diner, Burger King (on Mile Hill and had a good convo there with an Assistant Manager), Sheriff's Office, QFC, Papa John's, Block Buster Video, Radio Shack, Farmer George's Butcher Market and Staples. Not one crossways look nor any comments other than about my hat or shirt. LOL

Went out to the Mason Lake pit area yesterday with my boy to get him some practice in but there were crews hauling off the big pile of gravel. So we drove around the hills on the logging roads and found a fair spot to get some decent long range shooting in. Made sure to let the loader operator know we'd be shooting over the hill from him but in the opposite direction, he was cool about it. When we were pulling in I heard on the CB "Couple coming in with rifles" as I drove past a dump truck coming out.

What channel on the CB are guys using out that way?

gsx1138

I work at Retsil VA home just above that place. Good to know. I won't bother stopping by there. My current goal is 1300 on Sunday at the mason lake pit. Thanks 1245A Defender.

Detmurds

I really wonder how it would be to carry and hang out in the Barnes and Noble at the Kitsap Mall looking at a book on something gun related? B&N in my opinion one of the most liberal magnets out there, and maybe a great test of reaction?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Detmurds

First, why would you do a 'test reaction'? OCDO is about normalizing open carry, doing so in your normal daily routine.

For B&N, please read.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=33

Generally, are we not talking about the reaction of certain establishments here in this thread? I am not specifically speaking of employees either, but customers in there is the first concern, since many in there with such a diverse agenda, as well as the knowledge that they are seeking in books. Is that fair enough?

07Altima

Fire Suppression

I have had the same talk with my wife, however she will open carry on occasion, I do tend towards CC when I am in very thick large crowds not just crowds but thick ones that give me little in way of room to move around.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I followed my own directions and got to my pit at 1300, exactly!
their were other shooters out and about somewhere in the other areas, but I was alone... with my thoughts and my guns.
I shot the guns I had brought with me, but not the ones I didnt.
I was there for about 50 mins, shooting, then drove around to see if I might find gsx1138, somewhere, but I didnt... find him.
I just finished about an hour of reloading and putting the guns in their spots... and now I am tired.
I wanted a low key day so I only took 12 pistols and 3 rifles.

So... I gotta ask... Where was everybody else?

xxx.jakk.xxx

I followed my own directions and got to my pit at 1300, exactly!
their were other shooters out and about somewhere in the other areas, but I was alone... with my thoughts and my guns.
I shot the guns I had brought with me, but not the ones I didnt.
I was there for about 50 mins, shooting, then drove around to see if I might find gsx1138, somewhere, but I didnt... find him.
I just finished about an hour of reloading and putting the guns in their spots... and now I am tired.
I wanted a low key day so I only took 12 pistols and 3 rifles.

So... I gotta ask... Where was everybody else?

I finished up the ass end of my Motor Cycle Safety class over at the Kitsap Mall. Anyone who's interested, they're great instructors. We had Mojo and Steve. Everyone in the Class did really well. Mostly new riders, a few like me with minimal experience. Was about 2 hours each day in the classroom and 6 on the course each day Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't OCing as the Mall has a no Carry policy but I did see an OCer there. A guy wearing a "Range Officer" shirt was OCing. I was in my car on a break from the bikes when I saw him. He was talking to Steve for a bit but by the time i made it out there he was walking away. Would up just talking about guns and carry with another guy there.

Other than that, just doing my normal carry stuff without any reactions. Port Orchard is a pretty nice place to live. =]

Last edited:

gsx1138

Didn't get there until 1430. :( I could hear other shooters in the area but wasn't sure where to go. We stopped in an area covered in shotgun shells. Pisses me off when folks don't even try to clean up after themselves.

Lante

Anyone know of any "pit" shooting areas in north Kitsap or east Jefferson county? There was a small one (good for a quick pistol sighting or a handload check) just down from P.G. but it closed as they re-opened the pit for operations. I have heard of 2 or 3 in the east Jefferson County area, but have not been to any. Any info?