• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Didn't get there until 1430. :( I could hear other shooters in the area but wasn't sure where to go. We stopped in an area covered in shotgun shells. Pisses me off when folks don't even try to clean up after themselves.

pissed off??? humph....

i brought an AK, you wouldnt recognize...
a 22 rifle just right for your little girl...
you stoped at a right turn, covered with big black broken rocks and shot gun shells,
50 yards from the rock pile,,, and the PIT!

I think we would all enjoy reading your RANGE report,
guns, targets, shooters, fun?

gsx1138

She really liked the Glock 19. She did pretty good with it. We worked on presenting, ready position, and sighting. She also worked at clearing malfunctions (I slipped snap caps randomly in the magazines). Next time out we'll work on failure drills.

Whitney

Legislative Inquiry

I received the following reply from the legislature with regard to my letter sent to Seattle city Council. Is there anyone in the represented area interested in making a presentation to the legislature? PM me and I will send you a copy of my letter.

~Whitney
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<pasted from email>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whitney,
Thank you for sharing these ideas. I would very much like to sit down with you and “pick your brain” a little more on the topic of gun education and gun show rules. I’m going to ask my assistant, Linda Owens, to get in touch with you regarding a good time that would work for both of us.
Regards,

State Senator Christine Rolfes

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dear Mr. Slater,
Thank you so much for sending this over. I have already read through it and am printing it for Rep. Hansen.
Thank you again and good to hear from you.
Jessie

Jessie Turner
Legislative Assistant to Representative Drew Hansen
23rd Legislative District

360-786-7842
PO Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sirpuma

At the bank the other day (Kitsap Credit Union on S. Kitsap Blvd just off Hwy 16 and Tremont). Been going in and out of there for over three years with nary an issue. Only ever positive conversations with both customers and employees alike. This time I end up being helped by one of the management, Asian lady, didn't catch her name. After getting my money deposited she leans over and whispers conspiratorially, "I see you're carrying a gun. I'm a member of the management staff. We've had customers running away when they see your gun. Could you please cover it up?" I said "I'll think about it." I'm going to contact the corporate office and see what they have to say. My answer is NO and I've NEVER seen anyone turn around and walk out when I come in let alone "run away". I think she's just anti gun and doesn't like it.

1911er

At the bank the other day (Kitsap Credit Union on S. Kitsap Blvd just off Hwy 16 and Tremont). Been going in and out of there for over three years with nary an issue. Only ever positive conversations with both customers and employees alike. This time I end up being helped by one of the management, Asian lady, didn't catch her name. After getting my money deposited she leans over and whispers conspiratorially, "I see you're carrying a gun. I'm a member of the management staff. We've had customers running away when they see your gun. Could you please cover it up?" I said "I'll think about it." I'm going to contact the corporate office and see what they have to say. My answer is NO and I've NEVER seen anyone turn around and walk out when I come in let alone "run away". I think she's just anti gun and doesn't like it.

Tell her" to go urinate verticaly A piece of braided sisal type material". ( Go piss up A rope)

HotLead

I needed to pick up some things at Home Depot. (Poulsbo) Just walked in and the stocker helped me out with my selection. Waited in line one couple in front, I don’t think they saw my OC, and one behind. Don’t see how he could have missed it. While paying the checker ask if I was going to shoot him? I just said the thought never crossed my mind; then walked out. I guess some people have strange reactions to OC.:shocker:

Levi

I needed to pick up some things at Home Depot. (Poulsbo) Just walked in and the stocker helped me out with my selection. Waited in line one couple in front, I don’t think they saw my OC, and one behind. Don’t see how he could have missed it. While paying the checker ask if I was going to shoot him? I just said the thought never crossed my mind; then walked out. I guess some people have strange reactions to OC.:shocker:

I get stupid comments like that all the time. I don't say anything but I make an obvious face and roll my eyes.

Ajetpilot

I get that, "Are you going to shoot me?" line quite often. I think it is said out of nervousness. Not much you can do about stupid comments except dismiss them and move the conversation back on topic. It is frustrating though.

Trigger Dr

I have had that comment only one time. My answer made the guy stop and stutter while he tried to get an answer. "If I was going to shoot you, you would have never seen the gun and would be dead right now."

fire suppressor

Today I was in what I still call sportsman's warehouse in Silverdale doing some browsing. I stopped by the gun counter just to see what was in stock the gun counter was busy and all the employees where already helping customers. Listening to their conversations I could not believe how arrogant, rude and incorrect all of the sales staff where. I think it is private FFLs for me from now on I can not do business with those kinds of gun sellers. One guy told me if I wasn't seriously looking I could move on and was happy too. Maybe it was just today's crops of employees and I timed my visit wrong I hope that is the case

Levi

Today I was in what I still call sportsman's warehouse in Silverdale doing some browsing. I stopped by the gun counter just to see what was in stock the gun counter was busy and all the employees where already helping customers. Listening to their conversations I could not believe how arrogant, rude and incorrect all of the sales staff where. I think it is private FFLs for me from now on I can not do business with those kinds of gun sellers. One guy told me if I wasn't seriously looking I could move on and was happy too. Maybe it was just today's crops of employees and I timed my visit wrong I hope that is the case

I'd have made a quick stop over at the the customer service counter and let them know. I'll bet that the store manager would have listened when you informed him that his subordinates' behavior ended your consumer relationship with them.

Trigger Dr

Eddie,
Go back in and ask for Fred McFarland. Fred is now the store manager, and Chris Clark is the Ass't mgr. Fred is a standup guy and will correct the prombel quickly.
If Fred is not in, see Chris. Chris was the ass't mgr for the hunting/gun counter, and will not take any crap like that by his employees. Do Not dea with Ken Cryer. Ken is a brown nose, but will not help you. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

sirpuma

Had fun at Westsound Auction last night (got some killer deals) and saw that not only was one of the regular staff openly carrying for the first time but there was another OCer in the crowd. After I first got there some lady came up behind me and asked why I carried in the open. I was feeling rather chipper so I replied with "So the criminals will see it and run away." She smiled big and said she liked that answer and thanked me for carrying. Had a great evening. Got a real nice meat freezer for only $80 and a large cabinet for my boy's room for only $35. Tim, the owner and auctioneer also carries at the auction, though usually CC or he just keeps it on his podium shelf.

Not sure if the other Unicorn is on here though, didn't get a chance to talk to him.

1911er

Had fun at Westsound Auction last night (got some killer deals) and saw that not only was one of the regular staff openly carrying for the first time but there was another OCer in the crowd. After I first got there some lady came up behind me and asked why I carried in the open. I was feeling rather chipper so I replied with "So the criminals will see it and run away." She smiled big and said she liked that answer and thanked me for carrying. Had a great evening. Got a real nice meat freezer for only $80 and a large cabinet for my boy's room for only $35. Tim, the owner and auctioneer also carries at the auction, though usually CC or he just keeps it on his podium shelf.

Not sure if the other Unicorn is on here though, didn't get a chance to talk to him.

So the auction is every fri. or just the first fri.

sirpuma

So the auction is every fri. or just the first fri.

General auction of stuff (tools, furniture, electronics, etc.) every Friday. First Friday is for Antiques, Collectibles and Firearms. Though some coin is sold in general auction, usually the not quite as collectible coin, but it's still there. Hwy 3 just north of Belfair. Viewing starts at 1pm, auction at 6pm. Usually runs till 10 or 11. This next Friday there's going to be TONS of tools.

1911er

He has A gun

Went into Pet Smart in Silverdalee today to get some stuff for our new puppies mistakes.
And as I was standing there checking out there variety of products A lady and her husband started down the isle I was on when she reached out and grabbed her husband by the arm and said in A low voice "He has A gun":eek: with this shocked look on her face. He glanced at my holster turned to her and said so what I have guns too. I just about laughed at her as she went by but thought better of it.

Purchased the stuff I found and as I was leaving A guy walked up and asked me if I was carrying A gun and I told him I was he said me too and raised his shirt to show me his snubby 357 in A holster I told him it wasn't nessasary to conceal it . Then he told me if the people that he lives with new he had it it would get stollen . So he would rather hide it I suggested he find A better place to live, then back to the house I went.

fire suppressor

Not much to report I went on a 2 hour walk around Poulsbo to get some exercise no one seemed to notice or care about my gun. Nice day for a walk with no negative encounters makes for a good afternoon

fire suppressor

Went into Pet Smart in Silverdalee today to get some stuff for our new puppies mistakes.
And as I was standing there checking out there variety of products A lady and her husband started down the isle I was on when she reached out and grabbed her husband by the arm and said in A low voice "He has A gun":eek: with this shocked look on her face. He glanced at my holster turned to her and said so what I have guns too. I just about laughed at her as she went by but thought better of it.

Purchased the stuff I found and as I was leaving A guy walked up and asked me if I was carrying A gun and I told him I was he said me too and raised his shirt to show me his snubby 357 in A holster I told him it wasn't nessasary to conceal it . Then he told me if the people that he lives with new he had it it would get stollen . So he would rather hide it I suggested he find A better place to live, then back to the house I went.

lol thanks for sharing it got a laugh out of me. Not too bad of a encounter over all it is rare to run into someone with common sense

Last edited:

rbastedo

Living in evil King County I can no longer find many open areas where target practice is "legal".
Since I will be spending some time later this week with friends over in PO I thought it would be great if I could sight in my new scope on my MKVII DE 44 with the 14 inch barrel.
The spot at Mason Lake looks perfect.
Someone please let me know if there's been any changes that would make it not a good idea to go there maybe Thursday or Friday of this week.

1245A Defender

well,,,

Living in evil King County I can no longer find many open areas where target practice is "legal".
Since I will be spending some time later this week with friends over in PO I thought it would be great if I could sight in my new scope on my MKVII DE 44 with the 14 inch barrel.
The spot at Mason Lake looks perfect.
Someone please let me know if there's been any changes that would make it not a good idea to go there maybe Thursday or Friday of this week.

As far as I know "my pit" is still a good place to shoot.
You should announce the time and day you plan to go.
You might get some shooting company.
I am close by and would not need much cajoling to go too.