• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to not go in the public areas with sidearm at Drury Inn

georg jetson

I've been asked as a consideration to other guests not to OC in the "public" areas of the hotel. I called the manager and he confirmed it is policy. I'll be checking out in the morning and finishing the remainder of my business trip elswhere.

This occured at the Drury Inn on Countyline Rd in Jackson

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
I've been asked as a consideration to other guests not to OC in the "public" areas of the hotel. I called the manager and he confirmed it is policy. I'll be checking out in the morning and finishing the remainder of my business trip elswhere.

I can only imagine the hue and cry if a hotel were to ask, as a consideration to the other guests, a homosexual or inter-racial couple not hold hands in the "public" areas of the hotel. "We don't mind taking your money and letting you have a room. But do you mind refraining from using the pool? Our respectable customers don't want their water fouled."

The discrimination and bias against the peaceful, visible possession of a handgun is revolting.

Charles

KBCraig

I can only imagine the hue and cry if a hotel were to ask, as a consideration to the other guests, a homosexual or inter-racial couple not hold hands in the "public" areas of the hotel. "We don't mind taking your money and letting you have a room. But do you mind refraining from using the pool? Our respectable customers don't want their water fouled."

The discrimination and bias against the peaceful, visible possession of a handgun is revolting.

Charles

Interracial gay OC in Mississippi, anyone?

Naw, me neither. Nothing ever fell off my car in MS that is worth going back for.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
NO GUN NO MONEY. They don’t like my gun then they don’t get my money.

Front desk: "As a consideration to our other guests, would you mind not open carrying in public areas?"

Citizen: "Oh, sure."

Front desk: "Thank you.:

Citizen: "You understand that you just lost the argument, right?"

Front desk: "Uh. Mmm. No. How?"

Citizen: "I just proved that I am willing to respect your property rights even though you are not willing to respect other people's right to defend their lives. See you in the morning for check-out. Can you recommend another hotel in the area?"

JoeSparky

Centurion
Front Desk: "As a consideration to other guests please don't carry your firearm in publicly accessible portions of this property"

Lost Customer: "Sure, No problem.... I will be checking out NOW!