• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad Arlington LEO Encounter

user

Accomplished Advocate
Did the cop have reasonable suspicion that the vest was "body armor" and that the camera operator was engaged in a felony? If not, false arrest. Wearing "tactical gear" is not a crime in Virginia.

Old Virginia Joe

say what?

Notice his accent. He's not from Virginia... rather from either New York City or the Boston area. This has been happening more frequently in the Northern Virginia area, according to what one police officer with whom I spoke told me. He told me that there is active recruiting of people from up north to LEO positions down here. This could be a problem since those northerners are not well versed in Virginia culture and tradition.

You seem surprised that our state is now dominated and ruled at all levels by the Yankee horde, which has come down here and rewritten our codes of behavior and way of life for us over the recent past? From officer friendly, on up to the Governor's Mansion, we can't let native Virginians run much of anything important anymore. Our state lies prostrate with legs spread wide, with a plate of cookies and glass of milk on the bedside table, awaiting even more of them to take up the invitation from their buddies who have arrived here earlier. Of course, I'm narrow minded to notice the obvious.

HPmatt

You must be referring to the Yalie - Ms Supine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did the cop have reasonable suspicion that the vest was "body armor" and that the camera operator was engaged in a felony? If not, false arrest. Wearing "tactical gear" is not a crime in Virginia.

But, but, but (simulated motorboat sounds) terrorists wear tactical vests, terrorists take pictures, terrorists wont identify themselves = three strikes and your detained as terrorist suspect. :p

Ka-ching now enters the picture.

hunter45

Notice his accent. He's not from Virginia... rather from either New York City or the Boston area. This has been happening more frequently in the Northern Virginia area, according to what one police officer with whom I spoke told me. He told me that there is active recruiting of people from up north to LEO positions down here. This could be a problem since those northerners are not well versed in Virginia culture and tradition.

That's unfortunate but not surprising. That pretty much sums up why I left NOVA. Too many carpet baggers trying to change our ways. All of the guys at my department here in SC are very pro gun. Most (but not all) are supportive of OC (even though it is not permitted in this state). Y'all will never have a bad experience if you're ever stopped down here!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That's unfortunate but not surprising. That pretty much sums up why I left NOVA. Too many carpet baggers trying to change our ways. All of the guys at my department here in SC are very pro gun. Most (but not all) are supportive of OC (even though it is not permitted in this state). Y'all will never have a bad experience if you're ever stopped down here!

Huh!?!

Being seized is a bad experience.

papa bear

Ha ha ha, it is so funny to hear such an anti firearm state, won't harass you. For acting on your rights

Last edited by a moderator:

wrearick

It is good to hear that some in the state have positive attitudes towards RKBA and reminds us that unfortunately, the laws enacted by the politician s do not always reflect the will of the people. Many other states have taken steps back towards restoring all gun rights and I have hope that SC will soon be taking some steps of their own.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
You seem surprised that our state is now dominated and ruled at all levels by the Yankee horde, which has come down here and rewritten our codes of behavior and way of life for us over the recent past? From officer friendly, on up to the Governor's Mansion, we can't let native Virginians run much of anything important anymore. Our state lies prostrate with legs spread wide, with a plate of cookies and glass of milk on the bedside table, awaiting even more of them to take up the invitation from their buddies who have arrived here earlier. Of course, I'm narrow minded to notice the obvious.

Nope, not a bit surprised. Having lived here for well over 60 years, I have seen much in my lifetime.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Been going to the Grand Strand, and other places in the Lowcountry, for 46 years. Never had any problems when in SC. Love it down there. The people, the weather, the culture, the heritage, the traditions, everything about the areas along the coast. One day, I hope to finish out my life somewhere in the Lowcountry.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

This is something I just don't understand:

Some think it is acceptable to write codes of behavior and "way of life" and enforce it on everybody, then complain when others come and do it to them. A sort of "its OK if it is a code I personally agree with, but its not OK if I don't agree with code." Good for the goose, good for the gander, you know. If a fella is willing to dictate to others, he can't really complain when somebody else comes along and dictates to him--he's already approved the underlying premise by dictating to others.

How about "its not OK to let anybody, native Virginians or otherwise, dictate behavior or way of life to other peaceful equals?"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nope, not a bit surprised. Having lived here for well over 60 years, I have seen much in my lifetime.

I have a problem with the where were you born thing. Sure the Yankee come heres (that's what the dog hunters call them) cause problems. So do the southern come heres. The dog hunter highest on my hit on sight list is from new Jersey. He's a member here despite being in favor of gun control. Doesn't oc either. The navy occasionally leaves it's trash on Virginia's beaches.
At the same time some of the finest people I know, who respect and love Virginia's values are from the dreaded north. You'd be surprised who on this board and very active came here.

Look at the man, forget the accent.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP ...forget the accent.

Nope. Cain't do it. Them there accents jes sound funny to my refined, sophisticated southern ears.

Buhsides, anybody cain't say "y'all" is suspicious in my book.

And, if he sez "garowge" instead of garage. Or, youins or yuns instead of y'all. Or, cah instead of car. He'd better learn to speak proper Southern pretty fast, or maybe I'z gonna start 'memberin' he is a Yankee.

:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nope. Cain't do it. Them there accents jes sound funny to my refined, sophisticated southern ears.

Buhsides, anybody cain't say "y'all" is suspicious in my book.

And, if he sez "garowge" instead of garage. Or, youins or yuns instead of y'all. Or, cah instead of car. He'd better learn to speak proper Southern pretty fast, or maybe I'z gonna start 'memberin' he is a Yankee.

:)

I've gotten tolerant...kinda. I'd rather hear youse than duh out of the doggers.

Last edited: