• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CAR SHOW ---- NO GO

warlockmatized

imported post

Venator wrote:
I'm following it and working behind the scene's. I have composed emails for the Chief and Mayor and will try and call the Mayor to hear his side. I'm hoping this will be resolved before the show.I'm also looking into an alternate meeting place. They have a couple of nice parks in Burton, one is a vet memorial park the other is on a lake. I suspect there will be more people at the lake park on a hot Saturday. I will have details as soon as I get them. I will provide a time and map showing where we will meet. This will be a picnic get together so bring a lunch and soft drinks, chairs, etc. No time really to plan a cookout, but a sack lunch should work out fine.
sounds GREAT! i will check back often. i have sent several emails. the chief, the mayore, the city atty AND all the media outlets i could find. hopefully i get SOME sort of response.

GearGrindersPres

imported post

:cuss:well all i can do is appologize for the greif that this has caused i never thought this would be an issue.i am very sorry to you brian and everyone who has spent monies on this event,i am so angery i was looking forward to spending the day with my dad,and meeting some of our listeners from the radio show. i can not say im sorry enough.

STEVE BREWER"PRES"

FLINT GEARGRINDERS

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

GearGrindersPres wrote:
:cuss:well all i can do is appologize for the greif that this has caused i never thought this would be an issue.i am very sorry to you brian and everyone who has spent monies on this event,my club is going to boycot rocky's,i am so angery i was looking forward to spending the day with my dad,and meeting some of our listeners from the radio show. i can not say im sorry enough.

STEVE BREWER"PRES"

FLINT GEARGRINDERS
Steve, It's not your fault. I'm trying to get a hold of the Mayor so we can resolve this. I encourge you to do the same. As president of the club, stress to him the economic impact to the community, money talks. His number is 810-743-1500 Ext 201. He is in a meeting until about 10:00am.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

GearGrindersPres wrote:
:cuss:well all i can do is appologize for the greif that this has caused i never thought this would be an issue.i am very sorry to you brian and everyone who has spent monies on this event,my club is going to boycot rocky's,i am so angery i was looking forward to spending the day with my dad,and meeting some of our listeners from the radio show. i can not say im sorry enough.

STEVE BREWER"PRES"

FLINT GEARGRINDERS

OT, It's about time you joined Steve. Welcome and thank you for all the effort you and yours put into this car show/ open carry meet.

Venator

imported post

GearGrindersPres wrote:
HE IS AT MY BROTHERS WORKIMG ON THE KENNELS I CAN PASS A MESSAGE IF NEED BE:)
Tell him to call me ASAP at 517-335-6416. Just got off the phone with the Mayor and am trying to talk to the Chief. Rob is gone today, if you can get a hold of him that would be great. The Mayor is throwing this into Rob's hands and it was Rob that made the decision after talking with the Chief. Trying to find the truth. We may be able to save the show.

Venator

imported post

Still working behind the curtain. I have two possible alternate meeting places. One is at the Veterans Memorial park on the Governmental complex. Appropriate on flag day, and not too far from Rocky's. The other is on the north side of Burton. Kelly Lake Park. This has more room with restrooms and picnic table, etc. Lets vote on it and start getting the word out.

I propose to meet at noon on Saturday June 14th. at one of the parks below. Both locations have pros and cons. The lake has better facilities, but the vet. park is on the government complex. We need to make a decision by 3:00PM today.

See maps below.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
Still working behind the curtain. I have two possible alternate meeting places. One is at the Veterans Memorial park on the Governmental complex. Appropriate on flag day, and not too far from Rocky's. The other is on the north side of Burton. Kelly Lake Park. This has more room with restrooms and picnic table, etc. Lets vote on it and start getting the word out.

I propose to meet at noon on Saturday June 14th. at one of the parks below. Both locations have pros and cons. The lake has better facilities, but the vet. park is on the government complex. We need to make a decision by 3:00PM today.

See maps below.

Veterans Memorial park

Just so everyone knows, the red arrowhead in the first image is above the Burton PD building.

Edited per Venator's update.

warlockmatized

imported post

my vote would be for the lake park. doing it at the government complex on flag day would be awesome, what a GREAT way to celebrate flag day. however bear in mind.....i would have to GUESS i am not going to be the only one bringing wife and KIDS. last thing i wanna hear in my ear while mingling is the griping about limited restrooms lol

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
my vote would be for the lake park. doing it at the government complex on flag day would be awesome, what a GREAT way to celebrate flag day. however bear in mind.....i would have to GUESS i am not going to be the only one bringing wife and KIDS. last thing i wanna hear in my ear while mingling is the griping about limited restrooms lol

Deleted due to Rocky's update.

warlockmatized

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:

In regards to restroom facilities, I would agree with the Lake Park. However, due to the issues with the Mayor & Chief I think the Memorial Park would be best. Especially, when you consider that the only public restrooms availablenearst the parkare the ones in the Burton PD building.:)

There is a gas station/McDonald's at the intersection of Bristol Road & Center Road. It's about a half-mile north of the park.
wouldn't that be thumbing noses though? i think (for me personally anyways) that it would be ASKING to be questioned/harassed to walk in the PD sporting iron to use the restroom.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:

In regards to restroom facilities, I would agree with the Lake Park. However, due to the issues with the Mayor & Chief I think the Memorial Park would be best. Especially, when you consider that the only public restrooms availablenearst the parkare the ones in the Burton PD building.:)

There is a gas station/McDonald's at the intersection of Bristol Road & Center Road. It's about a half-mile north of the park.
wouldn't that be thumbing noses though? i think (for me personally anyways) that it would be ASKING to be questioned/harassed to walk in the PD sporting iron to use the restroom.
Thats kinda what it's all about I would think in some small way anyway.