• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrassed by 4 sheriffs in STARBUCKS!

oneeyeross

Sorry, I would have included the cite had I realized that this wasn't already such widely held public knowledge. My apologies.

Title 10, 311 Militia; composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

found at:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/10C13.txt

There are a whole host of other sites that will cite this for you, if you like, I just grabbed the first two sources that would seem to be the most reliable for you.

As I said, I thought this was just general knowledge. I will ensure that I properly reference my statements in the future.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maximuma culpa (My fault, literally "I am culpable" from the Confiteor, found at http://www.oldstmarys.org/sacredliturgy/confiteor.html)

tombrewster421

Not necessarily firearm related, but here's an audio of Jesse Ventura discussing a 4th Amendment violation. It's extremely irritating how the idiots that he's talking to are so thick headed. It's like trying to talk to a wall. No wonder Jesse walked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AHGFWGDR1Q&feature=related

I love Jesse. I guess those guys didn't think really respect Jesse's 1A either. Not really sure how standing up for civil rights is abusing the Constitution.

Aaron1124

I love Jesse. I guess those guys didn't think really respect Jesse's 1A either. Not really sure how standing up for civil rights is abusing the Constitution.

Not a clue! I think it's funny how they don't even let him talk. Every time he tries to make a point, they respond with someone completely off topic. I doubt they even knew what the 4th Amendment is. They were saying they support the constitution, yet, they don't find a problem with an unwarranted search and seizure.

tombrewster421

Leatherneck

They're still at it!

So I was turning around in the parking lot of a thrift shop just south of the Starbucks today, when I saw a PCSO pull in and use his SUV to block the sidewalk where a man (I'm guessing by the attire that he was a vagrant) was walking.
The LEO approached him, held out his hand and said something (I couldn't hear because my windows were up). That's when the man pulled out his wallet.

So if this were a silent movie, the caption would be, "Let me see some I.D."

Maybe I'm assuming too much here, but in light of other actions in that immediate area I'd say it's a pretty good assumption.

amlevin

So I was turning around in the parking lot of a thrift shop just south of the Starbucks today, when I saw a PCSO pull in and use his SUV to block the sidewalk where a man (I'm guessing by the attire that he was a vagrant) was walking.
The LEO approached him, held out his hand and said something (I couldn't hear because my windows were up). That's when the man pulled out his wallet.

So if this were a silent movie, the caption would be, "Let me see some I.D."

Maybe I'm assuming too much here, but in light of other actions in that immediate area I'd say it's a pretty good assumption.

Did you observe this "vagrant's" behavior or activity prior to the PCSO Deputy pulling up? Locally, they are often panhandling in front of various businesses and don't move on when told by management to do so. Perhaps the Deputy was responding to a call and not playing "Eastern European Secret Police Man".

Dave Workman

The whole time I saw him, he was walking. There didn't seem to be a place near by that he would've been panhandling. Maybe it happened up the road a bit. Not sure.

Well, then why leap to the conclusion as you did earlier that this was some kind of bogus stop?
It just might be that this guy resembled a description from someone about a crime.
It might be that there's a warrant out for somebody who looks like this guy.

There are all kinds of legitimate reasons for that kind of stop. And some illegitimate ones too.