• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

incident at Fowlerville Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmaxx

I think they should add an extra mod to the staff just to handle the Michigan forum.

On a side note there's no need to go to the movies anymore. Just make the popcorn turn on the Michigan forum.

stainless1911

Banned
I've got popcorn! :D

popkorn.gif

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I sort of figured as much. ;)

Everyone needs to start using more emoticons. :) How else are we to know who's being serious, and who's making any attempt (regardless how badly) at comedy relief. :D

Please note: everything I write, no matter how well it achieves its goal, is my meager attempt at comedy relief. :uhoh:

eastmeyers

I wanted to add my 2 cents, As of late I have seen some behavior that is uncalled for. This is not a private club forum, we are all average citizens here to help and spread the word about OC and 2A rights. I have noticed several new members that come on the forums and talk about an Issue and the members here start calling them trolls, bashing their comments or situations.

Some feel that you need to dress up to OC, others don't care what they wear...."It's my right". Some feel ok to go in front of authorities and push issues and some don't. Some post much needed MCL's and other information, and some just read it.

There are many ways to OC, many ways to dress, many ways to speak and many ways to help!

We are here to help each other out, some act as if this forum has become there own and outsiders are not welcome!

One member has made a mistake and payed the price for ignorance to the law.His due was paid, yet there some members bash him every chance they get. No names...."cough" (Stainless)

This thread started with a situation a citizen had while OCing, his emotions showed in his post yet the only thing he asked for was information. Maybe he should of searched the forums to find it on his own, but someone could of just gave him a link so he could check it out.

We are no better than any other citizen, Let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone!

Please stop bashing new members, current members or situations they are in. We should be here to help each other out and give information or non-legal advice. And remember, One day the shoe could be on the other foot!

rj3663 It's not wise to carry in your back pocket, but it is your right! MOC has a printable document that you can forward to the sheriff to educate him and his staff on the law. Visit MOC or click this link
http://dev.miopencarry.org/Attachmen...er_to_LEOs.PDF
Hope this helps

Okay, here is the thing, we need to police our own. Just to keep our image in some sort of a decent light, if we don't who knows what will happen. We all know the media is mostly anti-2A, and A LOT of our average citizens listen to the media, and who listens to the pleas and cries of the public? The law makers. So I ask you sir, with out judgment in anyway to you, and ask for your re consideration, please, re read his original post, and this one...

How about the video of the ATF or DEA agent that shot himself in the leg with a Glock 40 while giving a demonstration to school aged children at a golf course or the Deputy Sheriff here in livingston county that shot himself with his AMT 380 backup. For all of those armchair commandos and persons with 100% tactical awarness I will say that I have a colorful history. There was a day when, if I wanted to get your gun safe I would run a chain through your windows and use a truck I'd stolen from the local DPW and yank the corner off your wonderful house. If I wanted the gun on your hip in your "Retention" holster I would have bashed your head in and taken it off with an electric chain saw. Nothing is perfect! I'm not that guy today and I'm not proud of that history but if someone is determined to take something they will. All I wanted was some info to pass along and what has been posted, for the most part, is narrowminded remarks from people that love to see their own snotty comments blink onto the screen.
Thank you Al, Venator and the couple other sincere individuals that offered real responses. The rest of you, really, what do you get out of this kind of stuff?

eastmeyers

I'm so sorry for those of you that cannot read and only want to rant and rave about your opinions. Nowhere did I say that I was in a pfz. Nowhere did I ask for advice on how to carry and nowhere did I ask permission to be an American citizen and exersize my constitutional rights. I also have re-read all of my post and I see no request to be associated with any "Movement" I asked for info to present to the Fowlerville PD and got a minimal number of reasonable responses. Everyone else chose to go off subject and spout off their closeminded opinions on everything from tactical holsters to ammo and even dinner dates at the ponderosa. If you don't know me you have no right to judge me. If you would like to get to know me you are openly invited to stop by for coffee or even dinner or lunch. Brian knows me, Gordon (cabman) knows me. You don't have to be afraid. You can speak your piece openly, just stay on the topic here. The OC public is not the only visitors that come here. PM me for directions if you want

As has been pointed out several times, we are just trying to help you. You're being a jerk. If you OC, (gun visible, whether it meets the legal definition or not) you are part of the movement whether you know it or not, and whether you or we, like it or not.

No one said that you were in a PFZ, but you could find yourself in one very easily. With the way you take advice, my bet is, that it would be a hospital.

You became apart of this movement as soon as you became a participating member of OCDO, whether you or we like it. If you don't want to be a part of the movement delete your account, you can still come here for info, heck even still OC, just don't mention us to anyone, we don't need your "publicity"! People wonder why some of the good members are retiring, or just don't OC anymore, this is why.

Bailenforcer

This is a good example of what I have been saying. We have become such a Lilly livered society where people wear their feelings on their sleeves and whine about their comfort levels and fears, that as a society we see anyone who is direct and clear as somehow threatening.

I didn't see anything that would be taken as a threat. I took it as an invitation and if I wasn't 369 miles away I might take you up on that offer of hospitality, so long as you have coffee :)

Today's society is fearful of real men.

I don't see where I asked questions other than where can I find printed material to offer. And there is no veiled threat, my home is always open to people that want to get to know me. There is no need to be afraid of a friend! And I can be amusing, even funny when the atmosphere is open. For crying out loud, check the op and brush up on your manners.

Last edited:

rj3663

You became apart of this movement as soon as you became a participating member of OCDO, whether you or we like it. If you don't want to be a part of the movement delete your account, you can still come here for info, heck even still OC, just don't mention us to anyone, we don't need your "publicity"! People wonder why some of the good members are retiring, or just don't OC anymore, this is why.

Does opencarry.org have a mission statement somewhere that describes this as a movement. You seem to have a real bent to set me straight and it's just not going your way. I didn't ask for a "Forum nazi" to tell me to remove my account! I won't be censored, this is America. I don't need your permission to visit this site "Or even OC". I will not be told whom to mention and whom to not mention, this is America and thats covered by my constituional rights as well. And who appointed you to judge good members from bad. The coffee/lunch/dinner invitation still stands and no, it's not a threat. I'm a good father a good husband a good worker and a good friend to those that choose to allow me into their lives. You could really be missing out on an opportunity here, don't behave this way.

Last edited:

DanM

Does opencarry.org have a mission statement somewhere that describes this as a movement.

Yes, opencarry.org explicitly describes open carry as a movement:
"OpenCarry.org has grown to become the social networking portal for the open carry movement." [Emphasis added.]
-- <http://www.opencarry.org/press.html>

What serves as opencarry.org's "mission statement" is at the top of their home page:
"A pro-gun Internet community focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life."
-- <http://www.opencarry.org/>

Therefore, it should be no surprise that, here on this website:

1) Folks refer to open carry and think of it as a "movement" which all lawful OC'ers including you, whether they like it or not, affect in the court of public opinion.

2) You are being questioned about your carrying in your back pocket and there being much discussion, which you are invited to join, as to if you are "properly holstered".

Last edited:

rj3663

Well, I read the rules and sure enough there is no statement that calls this a movement and furthermore it states that you will police your own posts. Not "police OUR own" The coffee is on and I'm picking up a black angus quarter this weekend. The lunches and dinners are going to be pretty good till the steaks run out.

autosurgeon

Well, I read the rules and sure enough there is no statement that calls this a movement and furthermore it states that you will police your own posts. Not "police OUR own" The coffee is on and I'm picking up a black angus quarter this weekend. The lunches and dinners are going to be pretty good till the steaks run out.

Sir you might wish to look at the post above yours... While it is not in the rules it is on the Website that this forum is part of.

I don't understand your aversion to a retention holster. You do realize that they do make nice leather thumbreak holsters... you don't have to use a tactical holster if you don't like em.

I have both Tactical Holsters for competition and dressy leather holsters for when those are the best for the job.

DanM

Well, I read the rules and sure enough there is no statement that calls this a movement . . .

This (website, the people participating on it, or open carry generally) is not a movement? Really?

Wow, you are REALLY coming off as not making sense right now.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

All right, enough already!

The guy is going to carry how he wants, we have made him aware of our concerns. Further discussion on the matter is a moot point.

From the Open Carry Press Statement Page:

snip

In addition to being an invaluable "starting point" legal resource and discussion forum for gun owners, OpenCarry.org has grown to become the social networking portal for the open carry movement.

http://opencarry.org/press.html

stainless1911

Banned
When I started looking up info for my CPL I found open carry, and thought, "OC, what's that!? I can carry while waiting for my CPL?!" So I did some digging, found this site, and started carrying. Boy, what I didn't know about how much I had to learn. Regardless, I started OCing, not knowing at first, that I was part of a movement. All I knew was that I could carry, which is what I wanted to do. In very short order, based on the reactions (mostly positive) and conversations I had with people, and what I continued to read online, I came to realize that I had walked right into a political movement. I came to realise that I had inadvertently gone from being a second amendment advocate, to an open carry activist. And I loved it. By default, regardless of if you even have or use a computer, if you OC, you are part of a movement.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Bowl movements

yes the title caught everyone's attention.

Everyone stated their objections to his carry style and made their opinions known. Now it's starting to become a brow beating session. That's what women do, nag nag nag. Let's quick the brow beating and agree to disagree. Some times this brow beating gets old.

Some do call it a movement and I do because only a few years ago no one tried to open carry, well almost no one. I was called an idiot, a maverick, suicidal, and was brow beat by some of the same people today that are suddenly pro open carry. So it is in some ways a movement because it has woken people up to act on rights they either didn't know they had, or were too afraid to use. I understand it isn't any fun to be arrested on a CCW charge and sit in jail till someone decided to bail you out. Been there done that. And the State trooper actually apologized to me, and that alone gave me needed reinforcement. But unless we start acting like grown men here and quit all this little old lady style nagging no one will take us seriously. It is a right! if he carries in a style you don't like then carry the way "you" like. But in the name of all that's good, the nagging has to stop.

Once again I most likely pissed a few or many off here and frankly I do not care. And most likely those who agree with me will stand quiet and say nothing except maybe an private email. So be it.

I suggest some watch some John Wayne movies or something to get a clue how men act. The bitchy brow beating stuff is obnoxious.

RJ3663 welcome to open carry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.