• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this considered CCW?

Landose_theghost

imported post

Anyways, I was thinking yesterday as I unholstered the ole .45, would one still get charged with CCW if they were to dissasemble their firearm and put the pieces in the middle console/glovebox? And for that matter would it be legal to carry in the car with a trigger lock on it and the mag in a seperate location? Thoughts? Comments? thx

-Landose-

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wisconsin Stat. § 939.22 (Words and phrases defined. "Dangerous Weapon")
(10) “Dangerous weapon” means any firearm, whether
loaded or unloaded; any device designed as a weapon and capable
of producing death or great bodily harm; any ligature or other
instrumentality used on the throat, neck, nose, or mouth of another
person to impede, partially or completely, breathing or circulation
of blood; any electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (4); or any
other device or instrumentality which, in the manner it is used or
intended to be used, is calculated or likely to produce death or
great bodily harm.
Normally, and by ATF regulations, the part of the gun that has the serial number on it is considered the "firearm". On an AR-15 for instance, this would be the lower receiver. I believe that part; technically, needs to be enclosed in a carrying case whether it can actually be fired or not. Remember, to qualify as a "Dangerous Weapon" it need not be loaded; or even functional.

So, IANAL, but I would guess that any other part of the firearm that does not have the serial number on it would be able to be transported without a case.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Listening to Neal Boortz WSB Atlanta, I hear a caller, Jerry Gonzalez, Executive Director of Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, advance what I heard as a new legal doctrine, the Federal and State Separation of Powers.
Doug, on this subject, where is the definition of "firearm" in the Wisconsin statutes? I'm trying to find it. I don't know if they follow the ATF's definition.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Yea, my Ruger's got serials on the barrel, as well as the slide and grip and I think most handguns follow this serial setup so that aint gonna work lol. Honestly now that I think about it, even if it were legal to carry in the mattter stated above, it would be useless in a self defense situation. Better off keeping it in the trunk, untill we get CCW here in The People's Republic of Wisconsin that is :).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Honestly now that I think about it, even if it were legal to carry in the mattter stated above, it would be useless in a self defense situation.
Not true; it hasenough mass to be thrown at ones attacker and possibly even knock them out. :lol:

Landose_theghost

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
Honestly now that I think about it, even if it were legal to carry in the mattter stated above, it would be useless in a self defense situation.
Not true; it hasenough mass to be thrown at ones attacker and possibly even knock them out. :lol:
LMAO! Now that's assault with a deadly weapon!:lol:

Landose_theghost

imported post

Fifty years ago in San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, an egg qualified as a deadly weapon thrown because it weighed more than an ounce. After I learned that the easy way, I moved on to bean shooters with which I was a very good shot.
WOW! So no snowball fightseither then? :)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Fifty years ago in San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, an egg qualified as a deadly weapon thrown because it weighed more than an ounce. After I learned that the easy way, I moved on to bean shooters with which I was a very good shot.
WOW! So no snowball fightseither then? :)
In my hometown they passed an ordinance making it illegal to throw snowballs. Previously they had made it illegal to "toilet paper" during homecoming. Good clean fun is illegal now and IIRC, the fine for possesion of THC is less than that for toilet papering.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Begs, modus ponens, the meaning of 'clean'.

What I meant by good clean fun was that kids, and I as a child, used to have many a snowball fight in the winter and now it's outlawed. Also, the toilet paperers would usually (not always I admit) go around cleaning up peoples properties after the homecomming week.

Now; also, everyones asses could be very clean with that much TP involved.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Won't be long and they will be able to give you a citation for poluting the Public air everytime you exhale.

Correct. That is what Cap and Trade is all about. Soon as that is passed we will have to have our "Air Breathing Permits". Imagine being stopped by the "Cap and Trade" police and be required to "Show our permits" upon demand? Far fetched? Remember the bill to tax animal flatulence? It is still "lingering" in Congress...pun intended.

And right now there are "Environmental Police" in the city of New York. They are growing larger every month and write tickets for those not in compliance with the environment laws of the city. Believe it or not.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Begs, modus ponens, the meaning of 'clean'.
Sorry, I was stepping out the door to go shopping in the big city of Knoxville, TN.

For Halloween last year the school grounds, the community center and half a dozen houses were TP'd, one half a mile from me. The mess was still a mess for spring. Toilet paper clean is not clean.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Toilet paper clean is not clean.

Would you accept biodegradable?

On that note; they've been using it out west for years: when they tar the cracks in the roads, somebody comes along with a dispenser and sticks TP over it so the cars don't get tar on them. Wish they did that more around here. Maybe not clean, but cleaner.