• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD detains and cites OCers tonight.

M

McX

a touching lovely politically correct response. see ya in court madison.

polekat

It would not open in Safari (on my MAC), but did open in the latest beta of Firefox (on my MAC).

paul@paul-fisher.com

Yeah, works with FF, just tried it.

You know, after reading that thing; why does it matter that what the officers did was supposed to be correct to policy when the policy is illegal? Aren't complaints an avenue for change of policy?

But if you read the policy they outlined (stop and frisk) it says you must have RAS, so, they didn't even obey the policy. They admitted as much by rescinding the obstruction ticket. At least if they were consistent and 'believed' they had RAS, then the appropriate charge is obstruction.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
But if you read the policy they outlined (stop and frisk) it says you must have RAS, so, they didn't even obey the policy. They admitted as much by rescinding the obstruction ticket. At least if they were consistent and 'believed' they had RAS, then the appropriate charge is obstruction.

Huh? I'm not following you. I'm guessing that what they are saying is that they think they had RAS for DC, we all know better of course. Even if they believed thay had RAS the appropriate charge would NOT be obstruction as we talked about a lot in the other thread.

I'd say their policy is bad, plain and simple, and I would think an official complaint like yours would have required a review of the policy.

IcrewUH60

Anyone else having problems?

Not working for me either. It asks me if I want to sign in using a different google account or use my google account. I click on it and click on continue; and nothing.

same here. asks me which "google account I want to use with google docs". I select my own and the page just stares at me...

IcrewUH60

google users...

same here. asks me which "google account I want to use with google docs". I select my own and the page just stares at me...

it works now and just as suspected... If you are signed into your own Google account, it will not load. Once I signed out of my gmail, it worked fine.

Big Dipper

... then the appropriate charge is obstruction.

Unless Madison law on obstruction is different than WI, that could never have been the "appropriate charge" from my understanding of the facts.

From state statutes Chapter 946.41 Resisting or obstructing officer.
"946.41(2)(a)
(a) "Obstructs" includes without limitation knowingly giving false information to the officer or knowingly placing physical evidence with intent to mislead the officer in the performance of his or her duty including the service of any summons or civil process."

And from the annotations of 946.41.
"No law allows officers to arrest for obstruction on a person's refusal to give his or her name. Mere silence is insufficient to constitute obstruction. Henes v. Morrissey, 194 Wis. 2d 339, 533 N.W.2d 802 (1995)."

If you told him your name was Santa Claus or John Doe or Noble Wray, they would have had grounds to charge you.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
No need for a firearm in a family restaurant?

http://www.cityofmadison.com/incidentReports/incidentDetail.cfm?id=11525

1798 Thierer Rd. (Denny's Restaurant)
A Madison Police detective responding to an armed robbery last night spotted a man matching the suspect's description in the back of a taxi cab. The cab was just leaving a north side motel, and the detective ran after it, banging on a window of the car. The driver stopped and the suspect was taken into custody. Money from the robbery was found in the suspect’s pocket. The suspect is accused of going into Denny's Restaurant, 1798 Thierer Rd., around 8:30 p.m. He had a hand stuffed inside a jacket, feigning that he had a handgun. He ordered a 46-year old female employee to open the register and turn over the cash – unless she wanted to get hurt. The suspect took the money and ran to a nearby motel where he had rented a room, and called for a cab. He would have made it away from the scene had the detective not spotted him. The cab driver said his fare wanted to go to a downtown tavern.

This is the same Denny's Hubert and I ate at while armed a couple of times. Approximately a quarter-mile from Culver's East Towne.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
A Madison Police detective responding to an armed robbery last night spotted a man matching the suspect's description in the back of a taxi cab. ... He would have made it away from the scene had the detective not spotted him.
He would have made it away from the scene had the detective not spotted literally the suspects profile. Suspicious.

M

McX

He would have made it away from the scene had the detective not spotted literally the suspects profile. Suspicious.

got to wonder; what kind of a criminal hails a, or takes a cab to a robbery. sounds kinda k-mart to me.

Last edited:

protias

http://www.cityofmadison.com/incidentReports/incidentDetail.cfm?id=11525

1798 Thierer Rd. (Denny's Restaurant)
A Madison Police detective responding to an armed robbery last night spotted a man matching the suspect's description in the back of a taxi cab. The cab was just leaving a north side motel, and the detective ran after it, banging on a window of the car. The driver stopped and the suspect was taken into custody. Money from the robbery was found in the suspect’s pocket. The suspect is accused of going into Denny's Restaurant, 1798 Thierer Rd., around 8:30 p.m. He had a hand stuffed inside a jacket, feigning that he had a handgun. He ordered a 46-year old female employee to open the register and turn over the cash – unless she wanted to get hurt. The suspect took the money and ran to a nearby motel where he had rented a room, and called for a cab. He would have made it away from the scene had the detective not spotted him. The cab driver said his fare wanted to go to a downtown tavern.

This is the same Denny's Hubert and I ate at while armed a couple of times. Approximately a quarter-mile from Culver's East Towne.

Sure doesn't seem like you need to protect yourself in Madison at all...