• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action after Target Now

Lyndsy Simon

It annoys me more that the announcement cites "safe and inviting atmosphere" as their rationale.

Depriving me of my firearm makes me less safe in the immediate sense, and results in a gun being left in a car where it can be stolen and used in crime. Telling me I'm not welcome is not "inviting".

I posted about it on my blog, too. I don't expect a response, but maybe someone will read it and at least consider that they're being dishonest in their rhetoric.

WalkingWolf

Another non ban ban...

Whooopidoo!

Same thing Starbucks did, same as Chitople, same as Jerk in the Box. It means nothing, just more fence straddling. They also said they WILL continue to follow state laws.

But I have no doubt Walmart is thrilled with their decision.

Lyndsy Simon

Another non ban ban...

Whooopidoo!

Same thing Starbucks did, same as Chitople, same as Jerk in the Box. It means nothing, just more fence straddling. They also said they WILL continue to follow state laws.

But I have no doubt Walmart is thrilled with their decision.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree.

If the property owner doesn't want me to be there, I'm not going to be there. The law means little in that decision.

WalkingWolf

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree.

If the property owner doesn't want me to be there, I'm not going to be there. The law means little in that decision.

I understand that, but I never gave these yuppie meccas any business anyway. The people that are throwing the biggest conniption are not even affected(CC). Basically the premise is do not OC so that OC is not ban non banned.

I don't care if ALL the yuppie department stores ban guns. I can buy the same cheap Chinese carp direct from China, at a whole lot less money and skip paying sales tax. Win Win

As Charlie Sheen would say "Winning!"

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Who didn't see that coming?? :eek:

I wonder which store is going to be next? Walmart? I know.. lets all hold a pro-gun rally there.. you know, to 'show our support' for them. :banghead:

Exactly, a big thanks to all the long-gun and AR-type strip mall open-carriers and their enablers. The have helped advance a negative image of gun owners and have advanced gun control more so than the antis. A big thumb's up to all of em'.

WalkingWolf

I hate these polls.

I don't support the policy, but it doesn't infringe on anyone's rights.

They know that, that is why the poll is worded the way it is. To limit the choices so that they can get the results they want.

Keeping in mind it is a very dishonest poll, I voted NO anyway, I am not going to let them get away with this.

thedevilrobyjohn

walmart

been going to walmart for 42 years. Whats target, oh that place that sells the same stuff for more money like ukrops did over somewhere like food lion. Pay more for the same crap to have that feeling of speriority and being better than the white trash wally worlds...oh well try robbing this white trash in wallys parking lot while pushing my stroller with diapers in my bag wiping off half of the crap we ate while strolling down the isles from my hands.

mikeyb

I hate these polls.

I don't support the policy, but it doesn't infringe on anyone's rights.

Oh I agree, but I'm at least posting the poll with the options given, bad as they are.

They know that, that is why the poll is worded the way it is. To limit the choices so that they can get the results they want.

Keeping in mind it is a very dishonest poll, I voted NO anyway, I am not going to let them get away with this.

Yup. As bad as that poll is, 75% still selected "NO," so, um, good job MDA/Everytown?

been going to walmart for 42 years. Whats target, oh that place that sells the same stuff for more money like ukrops did over somewhere like food lion. Pay more for the same crap to have that feeling of speriority and being better than the white trash wally worlds...oh well try robbing this white trash in wallys parking lot while pushing my stroller with diapers in my bag wiping off half of the crap we ate while strolling down the isles from my hands.

Target and Walmart are very close in price. When comparing a laundry list of items, Target ended up being something like $1.33 more than Walmart. The truth is out there.

thedevilrobyjohn

ok

Yup. As bad as that poll is, 75% still selected "NO," so, um, good job MDA/Everytown?

Target and Walmart are very close in price. When comparing a laundry list of items, Target ended up being something like $1.33 more than Walmart. The truth is out there.

ok, give em yo money. but can you eat half the stuff you bought before you get to the checkout without being hasseled, can you buy them thangs that go pow? I can eat a bag of doritos, drink a can out of a case of pop and get worms with my 200 pack of bulk .45's....God America is great....happy Fourth of July

Last edited: