• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My ONLY negative OC experience in 10+ years...

KBCraig

imported post

jack wrote:
You have one last chance to come clean on this before aletter is sent to SAC Mershon

YOU HAVE 48 hours and the letter is in the mail
Or what? You'll drop more names and waggle your wienie at him again?

Sheriff

imported post

What I really want to know is how hard the FBI is laughing about somebody contacting them in reference to a post on an Internet forum. I doubt the FBI could care less what people think of them right now. Because their reputation is not the best in the land nowadays anyway!

But Jack, please continue. It's good entertainment! :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

jack wrote:
You have one last chance to come clean on this before aletter is sent to SAC Mershon

YOU HAVE 48 hours and the letter is in the mail

itg.jpg

jack

Banned
imported post

For the idiots unable to see through Mr. Brook's fictional post, think about this:

He claims the agent (the one with the made up name that he refuses to identify) refused to show his credentials. An agent is required to display his credentials on the the request of any citizen. Have you ever had the FBI come to your homedoing asecurity clearance check on a friend or neighbor ? What is the first thing they do ?

Yep pop the creds, it's required.

New agents have been known to practice flipping out their credentials in the mirror.

It's like shaving to them.

I find it scary that so many open carry folks are so gullible, and fell for this bogus claim of Mr. Brooks.

MeBaby

imported post

jack wrote:
For the idiots unable to see through Mr. Brook's fictional post, think about this:

He claims the agent (the one with the made up name that he refuses to identify) refused to show his credentials. An agent is required to display his credentials on the the request of any citizen. Have you ever had the FBI come to your homedoing asecurity clearance check on a friend or neighbor ? What is the first thing they do ?

Yep pop the creds, it's required.

New agents have been known to practice flipping out their credentials in the mirror.

I find it scary that so many open carry folks are so gullible, and fell for this bogus claim of Mr. Brooks.
Autually "sir", none of our rights regarding firearms hang on the veracity of the story. So, if it's true.... YOU GO GUY! If it is untrue.... then it made a good story. It still won't change, in any way, the way that I act/react to ANY encounter with an LEO of any type. I don't know about you ... but I take EVERTHING I read on the internet with a grain of salt.... including you. :shock::shock::shock::what::what::what::p:p:p

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:

I think you have been watching Blue Streak way too often! :lol:

jack

Banned
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
jack wrote:

I think you have been watching Blue Streak way too often! :lol:

Never saw it, however when I lived in Woodbridge, va. (26 years ago) :

I roomed with 3 guys that were going through the academy. I caught one guy doing the cred flash in the bathroom mirror thing when he though no one was home. He was in his boxers.

KBCraig

imported post

Hey "jack", anything you want to say to me, say it right here in the open. Or do you only like to insult and call names in private messages?

caltain

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Hey "jack", anything you want to say to me, say it right here in the open. Or do you only like to insult and call names in private messages?

I appreciate your feelings about public vs. private name calling, but public name calling is not tolerated on this board, which is as it should be.

In all fairness to Jack, I considered the weenie waggling comment to be a poor choice of words, as I did the internet bullies cover. While both were humerous, it was at Jack's expense, and that's not right.

If you want to say that you think his methods were ineffective, or inappropriate, say that. Plainly. If you want to say that you don't believe what I wrote, say that. Plainly.

While I admit that I've fired a few rounds over Jack's bow, I consider that to be bad behavior on my part.

Jack: I now formally and publicly apologize for the remarks that I made in this threadin which I belittled you with humor. I was wrong to do so. I'm sorry. It was hypocritical of me to do so, and inappropriate in any public discussion, regardless of format or location. I was wholely in the wrong, and I apologize.

Everyone else: Jack's just trying to do what he thinks is right. I admire him for that. I'm not happy about the terms that he uses to keep us informed, but that's another issue. Please restrict your posts to statements of fact, opinion or supportwithout the personal jabs. It's not polite, and it's not the image that we want to put forth to the community at large.

Thanks for stopping in to follow the proceedings...

caltain

Drake

imported post

Hmm... this seems like it could go back and forth forever. How about we burry this topic until someone comes up with some hard evidence (like the police report). Otherwise, take it all with a grain of salt.

caltain

imported post

Basically, we're just waiting on the results of jack's inquiries. I'm not suggesting that we bury this, 'cause I want to see what Jack comes up with, as apparently do many others. I only post in this thread when I need to respond to Jack, or to keep things polite and on-track.

As long as things are kept civil, I'm fine with things.

Caltain

TexasNative

imported post

Thanks for starting this thread, Dan (and "Howdy, Neighbor!"). It's been some entertaining reading, in O-so-many ways.

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
I roomed with 3 guys that were going through the academy. I caught one guy doing the cred flash in the bathroom mirror thing when he though no one was home. He was in his boxers.
I will remind you of whaty you said a few pages back....

"The FBI takes bogus claims with respect to agent conduct very seriously."

I don't for one second believe you caught an FBI agent flashing their credentials in front of a mirror.

Sheriff

imported post

caltain wrote:
Sorry to make you nice folks wait longer, but it "got pushed back privately" to 4:16am on 6/11.

Cal
I think I shall go to the post office and watch him mail the letter at 4:17 a.m. :)

ShufflnAlong

imported post

Remember that postage went up. Really do not want to hear that the letter was sent back for improper postage. Lord only knows how much longer that would set us all back checking on this post.;)

caltain

imported post

ShufflnAlong wrote:
Remember that postage went up. Really do not want to hear that the letter was sent back for improper postage. Lord only knows how much longer that would set us all back checking on this post.;)

He should be fine if he has the Forever Stamp. Don't need to ever add postage to those...